It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2005, 11:28 AM   #196
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

hey..i also went to GNC and got the GNC brand psyillium and activated charcoal. However I am using the Yakult that was recommended by Erimus. Reason is, I thot 8 billion was gonna be mroe effective then lets say 300 million. But maybe the other strands will also prove beneficial. I've been on the program for about 1-2 weeks so far. I forgot when i started actually. But it seems like i don't get anymore new breakouts. Right now I'm waiting on a 3-4 to heal but, hopefully those will go away soon. They're kinda just red marks right now. The only thing I'm worried about is that maybe its not really the cleanse that is doing the clear skin thing. Sometimes I go thru clear skin/ not clear skin phases, so I hope this isnt just a clear skin phase which will eventually enter the non-clear phase. I will hafta keep going at it to really see if this cleanse is helping my skin stay clear of new breakouts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #197
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

One thing I've been meaning to mention. I know it's kinda weird but one thing I noticed that was veeeery different after the cleanse is that my "gas" does not smell bad anymore. (And I am WELL KNOWN for horrible smelling gas) So I thought maybe this was a good indication that I was cleaning the inside of my bowels, because stinky gas is often caused when you have stinky stuff inside your bowel, and the gas takes on the smell. So for others who are trying this digestive cleanse, if you have this change in smell, maybe you are on the right track, cuz I really hope I am.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #198
    Skigomaniac
    (male)

Skigomaniac HB User

Ok I plan on starting my clense within the next few days (waiting for a convenient window in my schedule where fasting won't ruin my everyday life), I bought the multi spectrum probotic and "colon clense" Which has phys husks and various other stuff aswell as the charcoal tablets. I was wondering about charcoal though, you say you take it everyday. But I heard it also absorbs vital nutrients and was bad to take regularly, was there any truth to that

Old 08-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #199
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi Guys

Firstly, Kelly03 - I can't believe you read the whole thread! I hope you found some of it useful! A fast probably isn't essential - I just performed one to really start the ball rolling by making sure I was as empty as I could be before progressing. And it sounds like the formula you've got will achieve similar results to the regimen I suggest. It just seems to me that these all-in-one products have a lot of extra ingredients that don't necessarily do much. Anyway, I really hope you experience success so you don't have to fall back on accutane

By the way, the anecdote you posted is a real eye-opener, isn't it?! It is perfectly possible for parasites (of notable size) to live inside one's colon. Both my brother and myself have suffered from worms which is possibly the most hideous and irritating thing I have ever experienced. But don't be afraid to expel any potential parasites - they're definitely better out than in!

soupyhead, I'm glad you've stuck at this through trying times. I am fairly confident that the breakout you have experienced on your forehead is an initial reaction to the expulsion of the build up of toxins. Moreover, some acne breakouts form under the surface weeks before they come out. Now they could be coming to the surface; again, perhaps encouraged by the cleansing process. You could try stopping the regimen but I would be inclined to stick it out for a bit to see if the new breakouts cease or at least become less severe. Good luck

Thanks for your input, tweety987 - can you expand on your findings?

Hi there successfirst As Diggler says, you ought to be fine with those products. Diggler is correct in identifying the prebiotics. There seems to be some debate as to how necessary these are in maximising the benefits of probiotics. But they certainly won't do any harm. Let us know how you get on please

I hope your recent spell of clarity is a result of the regimen, tata77, but if it turns out to be coincidence, please let us know. Of course, if it isn't then tell us that before you leave the boards and never come back! By the way, I know exactly what you mean about your gas. I too have found that mine smells a lot less potent than it used to do, and it does seem like a good indication that food is being digested in a cleaner manner.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #200
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

Coolios Erimus..im glad I got similar signs as you..I hope alla this will lead to my path of clearness.. AHHHH..i want clear skin ..It's so sad when I used to have the clearest skin in middle school and then be struck by acne. So many kids came up to me and yelled..WOW..you finally got some pimples!..soon I began having the most outta all my friends..I wish everyone the best of luck on our journey.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #201
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

man..so many ppl are resorting to accutane for the solution..i know that acne is an incredible depressor..but i feel that accutane in the long run will make people even more depressed..there hasta be a side effect that humans are not yet aware of..and it will come back and hurt people even more. thats just my input. Go digestive cleansing!!

Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #202
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tata77
    man..so many ppl are resorting to accutane for the solution..i know that acne is an incredible depressor..but i feel that accutane in the long run will make people even more depressed..there hasta be a side effect that humans are not yet aware of..and it will come back and hurt people even more. thats just my input. Go digestive cleansing!!
    This is exactly why I trying this among a few others before I do the LAST resort. If I have to and these last couple things do not work, I will do the accutane. I am 33 and just getting tired of the pain (physically) pain of cysts and acne. It seems to be getting worse and worse as I age. I am sure it is not my hormones either, I have them checked regularly and maintained if needed (I am an early - premenapausal woman).

The hormone checkup was actually because someone referred me due to depression. Come to find out, my birth control pills, along with my hormones and thyroid we causing my depression. I'm off birth control (tubes tied now), hormones & thyroid both balanced now. Been off my anti-depressants now for almost 2 years and wow what a difference. My anti-depressants were just masking (that's why they didn't seem to work properly). But just wow, I am back to myself again. I have never in the past been known for depression, so it did make alot of sense - and what a relief.

Yes I am concerned about the accutane and the possible side effect of depression. If I go that route, I will be monitored and will be extremely cautious of my symptoms.

Anyway, I just hope the detox helps and if not it starts me on my way along with the other items I have been referred to (certain supplements & products).

Guess I really rambled on there. Excuse me........

Old 09-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #203
    Lilac123
    (female)

Lilac123 HB User

EV,

I'm curious--how did you decide on what amounts of Active Charcoal and Psyllium Seed Husks to take? I was looking at my bottle of 260 mg Activated Charcoal capsules and it recommends taking 2-4 capsules with meals. Although you've had great results taking 1 Active Charcoal pill twice a day, I'm wondering if it would be OK to take more--at least initially.

Anyway--thank you for this enlightening string. I've just started the fast and hope I will eventually see results as good as yours. It seems my acne is getting worse with age (I'm 32). A low sugar/low refined products diet helps, but this may do my body a lot of good, too.

Lilac123

EV--I just found the answer to my question on page 6. Thanks!

Last edited by Lilac123; 09-03-2005 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Found the answer to my question

Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 PM   #204
    j_mac3
    (male)

j_mac3 HB User

Hey everybody, Ok I started the cleansing process i'm finishing up the fourth day i'm wondering if i'm doing this right on day one i started my fasting i took the 2 phsyllium husks 1 activated charcoal for lunch time and dinner and then i took a Acidolphis once and then from then on i began taking that dosage and drinking lots of water the most i've been noticing is my acne seems to be fading and alot of other acne is starting to rise to the surface to whiteheads which seem to disappear overnight, my cysts on both sides of my face are fading I just cant wait to see results within two months and i'm on a healthy diet so therefore my face will begin to clear and i'll also lose weight.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #205
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    i've been doing this for about 3 weeks.. at first it made my really constipated but it got better after about a week.. however i've had constant fairly bad breakouts on my forehead which keep coming.. but the rest of my face is nice.. i cant like it to anything other than this but i dont know why it would make just my forehead/temples breakout.. i might have to stop it to see if its the culprit
    Soupyhead,
    If you do some searches you should find skin-organ charts where basically it tells you what area of your face is representative of your organs. In your case, your forehead & temple area has something to do with your Gallbladder. Also, I don't know if you are breaking out in between your eyebrows (center area of the T-zone) this is representative of your liver. Eitherway, these organs are important in processing fats so perhaps you are consuming too much trans fats and/or animal saturated fats. Or you could always look into doing a Liver Flush to expell liver/gallstones (may or may not find visible parasites), in which case you would definately need to keep following EV protocal and/or do some colonics/enemas afterwards to prevent toxins from recirculating (people can break out from that too).

Best wishes

Old 09-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #206
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

OK, so I just finished my Vitamin C Flush. My goal for doing this flush was to produce something that resembled an enema (which I did) and to give my body as much Vitamin C as I could tolerate seeing as how people with inflammatory diseases or chronically stressed are probably deficient. Below are my results and protocol for gentle daily detoxifcation .

A) I followed the Vitamin C Flush calibration procedure listed on page 14 of this thread for those interested. It took me less than 2 hours to do this procedure and it can be done every 1 - 2 weeks if need be for up to 2 months. My goal was to find something to replace an enema (for after doing the liver flushes, candida cleanses, etc) and this did exactly what an enema is supposed to do only instead of injecting water/liquid inside me from my rectum, and then expelling, all I did (several times) was expell liquid from rectum (sorry).

Bear in mind, yesterday I started getting a weird dry feeling in my throat and so I may have been fighting something but it took 27,800g of Buffered Vitamin C to do my flush. Therefore my daily dose (divided into 3 - 4 doses) of Vitamin C should be 75% of this which is 20,780g! Of course over time this dose will decrease or increase again depending on if I'm fighting a cold, chronic stress, etc.

B) So my next step was then to help absorb any microorganism by-products, heavy metals, or other toxins that the Vitamin C flush didn't expell and so I took (2x a day i.e. w/ Breakfast & Dinner):

* 4g of Benefiber (don't have my psyllium yet but this is double what I usually take)

* 2 Activated charcoal capsules.

* > 12 oz water
    (may adjust doses)

C) My final step to help break down or detoxify any left over toxins, is to continue (w/lunch):

* > 1 tsp coconut oil (this stuff is great at room temp/warm. Dose should be 1 - 3 tbsp but I'm not doing the candida cleanse yet)

* 1 K-RALA Capsule (100mg)

* 1 Selenium Capsule (200mg)

* 1 Molybdenum Capsule (1g / 3 days)

* 520 mg Pantethine powder (1 tsp)

* 6 mg Biotin powder (1/2 tsp)
    (may adjust doses)

FYI since my formula was buffered, it contained Calcium, Magnesium Potassium , Bioflavonoids, & Lime Powder (flavor). Therefore, at the dose I took for the flush today, I recieved:

Calcium - 1,400mg
    Magnesium - 880mg
    Potassium - 400mg
    Bioflavonoids - 1,570mg
    (not a bad way to get some neccessary electrolytes and calcium)

Also, these buffered C powders/formulas also come bound to Sodium and Zinc so I guess it depends on what minerals you'd like to get daily.

Will keep updated and I hope that you all are seeing progress!

Last edited by SweetJade1; 09-03-2005 at 03:41 PM.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #207
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

hey again everyone..so i've been on this lil program for about two weeks now..mm it seemed like it was working for the 1st week..i mean i stayed relatively clear for a good period of time..but iono..im starting to believe it was just a coincidence that I had a clear-skin session when I first started the program. But my periodic acne has returned like it usually does. I dunno. Maybe a digestive cleanse wasnt the right solution for me. Although I am sure it has great benefits for my body as a whole, it does not seem to be directly aiding my acne problem. I dunno I will stay on these supplements just because I feel less bloated when I eat. But I don't think I will rely on them to cure my everlasting acne problem. *big sigh*..i dunno maybe theres still a chance this program will give me some permanent results if I stay on it..but as of now..i'm still pretty regular on the new pimples..congrats on those who did receive great results with the digestive cleanse..if anyone would like to comment on how long it took for them to really see noticable results..plz feel free to share..thanks a lot..and thanks erimus for letting me learn more about my body and the need for cleansing, whether it be for an acne problem or not.

Old 09-04-2005, 07:21 AM   #208
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

Do you think during my colon cleansing that my other supplements are not being absorbed. Just wondering as you or someone said not to start the probiotics until after the cleansing. Or are the other supplements HOPEFULLY not affected during the cleansing process.

What Ive added:

Fish Oil Caps 1200 mg (2/day)
    Good Multi Vitamin (2/day)
    B-Complex (1/day)
    2 cups Green Tea/day
    Limited myself to 1 cup coffee/day
    Acuzine Capsules (1/day)
    Flax Seed Oil Cap (2/day)
    Vitamin A higher dose (1/day)

Of course I will not know what truly helped me (if I clear up) because I am so impatient and started everything kinda at the same time.

Do you or anyone see a problem in any of the above supplements? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #209
    FusionAmber
    (female)

FusionAmber HB User

Thank you everyone for all your replies! I just read the whole thread and I am ready to try this out. I just ordered a bottle of Superior GI Cleanse capsules by Nutricology.

four capsules contain:
    Vitamin C 150mg
    Magnesium 75mg
    Psyllium (husk) 1700mg
    Activated Charcoal 580mg
    Goldenseal Root Extract 100mg
    Chlorophyll 50mg
    Apple (Malus domestica) (pectin) 50mg
    Lactobacillus Acidophilus 27mg

I think I am going to start out with just 1 a day and slowly move up to 4 a day. Does this look like it will work? I hope I see the results you did EV, so I can stop using all these topicals!

Old 09-05-2005, 03:14 AM   #210
    Lilac123
    (female)

Lilac123 HB User

Kelly03,

I read that activated charcoal should not be taken within 2 hours of medication (and I'm guessing that could include vitamins/supplements) or it will affect their effectiveness. So, I've been taken the psyllium seed husks and activated charcoal at other times of day than my supplements. Hope that helps.

Lilac 123

Closed Thread