It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2005, 08:58 PM   #271
    stojack
    Inactive
    (female)

stojack HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Hey Sossy,
    I can't give you advice on how to beat acne, I'm still on the search. But I have struggled with constipation my entire life and the only thing that has consistently worked for me is Oxy Powder. I won't live without it now. Sadly, although I'm now regular and pretty certain my bowels are in pretty good shape since I've found this product, I still haven't seen much improvement in my skin. I tried a liver cleanse also. Probably need to do a few more since they say it takes several to get all the stones, etc. Hope this helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2005, 10:25 PM   #272
    Moon Rising
    (female)

Moon Rising HB User

wow if you were that regular 3 times a day?? I dont think you need the cleanse. I go once every 4 or 5 days. I'm doing toxic metal cleanse and i'm about 2 weeks into it and and i'm still constipated!!!! Ahhhhhh
    ---Moon

Old 09-22-2005, 01:10 AM   #273
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

hey guys i have a big problem with this.. about a week after i did the fast i started breaking out on my forehead bad... i thought it was because i was constipated but then it cleared up but i'm still breaking out on my forehead.. i was taking the psyllium husk and the charcoal every day for about 3 weeks but i stopped because i thought it was causing it! but i still am breaking out on my forehead and its worse! the weird thign is its only on my forhead.. i've read this forehead acne could be from a digestive problem but i feel fine and have a bowel movement every day.. i really dont know what to do, if i should start taking the psyllium husk and charcoal again or what!??

do you guys think i should do another fast, or some other type of cleanse because something obviously went wrong!

i lost almost 15 pounds after i was taking these for a couple weeks! so i guess it cleared a lot of crap out! maybe i should start taking them again and see if my damn forhead will clear up, the rest of my face is looking so good!

Last edited by soupyhead; 09-22-2005 at 01:43 AM.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:13 AM   #274
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi infinityox I live in the UK and I buy my supplements from Holland & Barrett. You can check out the first post to see my regimen.

health15, it's hard for me to tell whether or not my regimen causes fatigue because I lead quite a demanding and tiring lifestyle as it is! Sometimes, however, I feel totally knocked out when my intake of simple carbohydrates is too high. I get the initial buzz and then the prolonged slump I've got a feeling that the supplements may have exacerbated this phenomenon, but I don't know why...

If you're feeling fatigued, though, I can definitely recommend trying to avoid simple carbohydrates and substituting slow-burning, complex carbohydrates in their place. You'll feel less burdened by the contents of your stomach and more alert as a consequence I also recommend drinking lots and lots of water (not just on this regimen, but as a general lifestyle choice) which I find helps to keep me awake. If you're used to drinking fizzy drinks/soda then this will make a big difference. But I suspect you're wiser than that

Hey Anonym0us! I don't know about the specific effects of alcohol on the digestive system. I'd be more inclined to suspect the foods that you ate before/after your binge (I hope you had a good night by the way ) because they were probably predominantly stodgy carbohydrates (e.g. chips, sandwiches?) as opposed to fibrous ones (i.e. vegetables).

This applies to Sossy (hi, by the way ) and everyone else who's experiencing constipation: this regimen isn't necessarily about making you more "regular"; it's about improving the efficiency of your digestive system in terms of how it deals with toxins. It is very important that you are regular if you want to achieve clear skin (if what you eat doesn't get expelled within 24 hours then it will be causing you harm, in my opinion). In order to become more regular you may have to make some considerable lifestyle modifications. For example:

1. Eat more vegetables, especially fibrous ones and preferably those highest in nutrients and vitamins (such data is readily available online and the choice is wide enough to suit even the fussiest of pallets )

2. Take regular exercise. I can't stress enough how important this is for overall health, but if you do it for just one reason then let the elimination of acne be your motivation! If you don't exercise enough then you can't expect to have regular bowel movements. If you are slothful, then your digestive system will be, too

3. Consider taking extra Vitamin C to aid digestion. You don't have to take a lot - perhaps 500mg twice a day.

4. Drink plenty of water and only water. Water is essential for the effective and efficient digestion of food.

I'm sorry to hear you're still breaking out soupyhead Forehead acne is one of the most stubborn types to conquer, though. And I agree that it is a sign of poor digestion (if only I'd known when I was younger...). I can only advise that you hold on in there for the time being and hope that the situation calms down in a couple of months. Like I've said before, this is not an overnight cure. It takes patience and faith. I don't think you, or anybody here, has had enough time to fully determine whether or not this regimen has worked for them.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #275
    Sossy

Sossy HB User

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Im wondering if maybe i made a mistake in all this? I was regular pooing before and had a reasonable good diet ( i have a big appetite and have heard somewhere that sometimes just eating too much can cause spots??) with lots of fruit and veg. So maybe it wasnt my digestive system that is giving me spots? Argh i just dont know i feel like theres an answer for it somewhere!

Im still constipated though from taking the psyllium and charcoal, hopefully will return to normal soon.

Going to try the oxy powder to see if that helps for overall health. will let you know how that goes and if it helps my skin.
    Also thinking about laser treatment ( parents said they might help out in the costs at a xmas pressie) will keep u updated on that too.

gotta to go speak to u all soon.

Sxx

Old 09-23-2005, 01:44 AM   #276
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    hey guys i have a big problem with this.. about a week after i did the fast i started breaking out on my forehead bad... i thought it was because i was constipated but then it cleared up but i'm still breaking out on my forehead.. i was taking the psyllium husk and the charcoal every day for about 3 weeks but i stopped because i thought it was causing it! but i still am breaking out on my forehead and its worse! the weird thign is its only on my forhead.. i've read this forehead acne could be from a digestive problem but i feel fine and have a bowel movement every day.. i really dont know what to do, if i should start taking the psyllium husk and charcoal again or what!??

do you guys think i should do another fast, or some other type of cleanse because something obviously went wrong!

i lost almost 15 pounds after i was taking these for a couple weeks! so i guess it cleared a lot of crap out! maybe i should start taking them again and see if my damn forhead will clear up, the rest of my face is looking so good!
    i would suggest you hang in there soupyhead. i noticed my improvements on the first and a half month (6 weeks). now im almost on my second month and i breakout very, very rarely (knock on wood) which is very new to me.

to all who's using this regimen, i would suggest making a judgement on your second month (except if you're experiencing any bad side effects except for breakouts.)

good luck.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:59 AM   #277
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

hey anonymous, are you taking just psyllium and charcoal or something else? so its been working for you?

Old 09-23-2005, 03:54 AM   #278
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

yup! i didn't do the fasting and i always forget to drink the yakult during night time. so the psyllium husks and the activated charcoal alone did it to me.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:58 AM   #279
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

thats good to hear.. how much did you start taking and have you decreased what you are taking since then? i made another post but in case you dont read it.. i'm going to take 1000mg psyllium and 500 charcoal 3x a day 2 hours after a meal.. it was recommended on a website.. seems you really cant take too much of this stuff..

Old 09-23-2005, 04:18 AM   #280
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

i only took 1000mg of psyllium and 260mg activated charcoal per day for the first three days to get my body used to it because im afraid that i might get diarrhea, illness, gas, etc. then on my fourth day, i increased it up to the required dosage of this regimen (2000mg psyllium and 520mg activated charcoal per day). and im still taking the required dosage until now.

Last edited by Anonym0us; 09-23-2005 at 04:20 AM.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #281
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Hello, hello.

I'm new to this board, however not to the subject. I've been suffering from acne since ... I was eleven, I think. I can even remember my first pimple.

Anywhoo, I've heard about digestive cleanse as the key to success many times, and I've heared that diet is not related to acne as many times, too. I've tried to use BP, but it dried my skin too much and started bleaching it, making my skintone very uneven. (I'm a Mulatto, so it is quite visible.) It didn't help much, too. So I've did a search in a hollistic health board and found a to-be miraculous regimen (I'm quite sure it's the same regimen included in the "Acne Free In 3 Days" book, which is a scam, by the way.), which depended on an apple fast and a steady diet with herbal supplements, and natural topical products. I wasn't quite determined, but determined enough to see that the fast (Which wasn't as effective in cleansing as I expected it to be) really made a difference. I felt lighter, my skin was softer, and with the usage of the natural ointments, the skintone - altough paler - was finally even. The black marks were slowly fading, but I cut my regimen by that time. It was quite complex and consisted of a huge daily intake of supplements like zinc, selenium, etc. I just got bored, to be honest.

But now I have a new motivation and some time to clear myself, so I'll be doing your regimen now, EV. (:
    Although getting Psyllium in Poland is very hard, and my local healthstore suggested me Ispagul husks (Plantaginis Ovatae Seminis Tegumentum). Now I'm confused because ones say that it's one and the same thing, the others say it's similar, but weaker in its effectiveness. It won't have a bigger effect on the regimen, I hope? Also, it tastes like... urk, I can't stand it. Especially the look. If I add lemon juice to it, will it have a negative effect?

I am not able to drink litres of water without something dilluted in it. It's my second day of drinking so much water and I can already feel my stomach bulging. I just don't know which way will it come out sometimes. Though I got a small breakout, but that must be the huge bowl of macaroni and white cheese I ate the other day.

With that I take ZenMed's DermaCleanse. Though I take only two pills daily instead of four, because it won't last long if I highen the dosage. It's has a good effect, my breakout frequency is lowered. If it was only available in health stores and pharmacies...

I've also came across someone stating that grapefruit extract speeds up the cleansing process and is quite beneficial in overall health. So is green tea extract. I drink green tea and eat citrus fruits often (lemons, grapefruits), and I really recommend it as an addition to your regimens.

So that's about it. A little bit of yadda-yadda from myself. Let's get this going.

Last edited by Technicolor; 09-23-2005 at 03:37 PM.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #282
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Well, on day 5 I was constipated and on day 6 I went 5 times!

Now on day 7, I only went 1 time so far. I was more regular before the cleanse and I eat very healthy, but I will stick with it. The day I was constipated I had oatmeal with ground flax seeds and honey for breakfast, fresh carrot juice and a salad for lunch, an apple for a snack, and taboulle with whole grain pita bread for dinner. And plenty of water!
    Even though I have never really been constipated, I still think this cleanse will help my skin. I have all of the symptoms of someone who needs to detox.
    DrNatura's program also has these herbal pills for getting rid of parasites and candida. I think a lot of my problems might stem from taking antibiotics for acne for almost 7 years on and off. Even though I was regular, I still think these antibiotics messed up my system somehow. Cleansing the colon can also help my body to better absorb the vitamins and minerals that I consume. After the cleanse, I will start taking probiotics and try to detox my liver.

Last edited by health15; 09-23-2005 at 05:59 PM.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:31 AM   #283
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

hey guys can i take probiotics while i'm taking the psyllium and charcoal? i took tetracycline for a couple years and i've been reading probiotic is needed to build good bacteria back up.. and do the probiotics have anything to do with the liver or is a liver cleanse totally seperate?

also would you guys recommend picking up liver cleanse pills at like the vitamin shop.. can i do ALL these things at once??

Last edited by soupyhead; 09-24-2005 at 02:34 AM.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #284
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

soupyhead. I have heard different things about taking the probiotics while doing the cleanse. Some say it is a waste of money to take during the cleanse because you are just flushing them all out. Others say that the good bacteria in the probiotics can actually help with the digestion and help you to "go" even more. One thing I did read is to get a probiotic that has an enteric coating. Some of the bacteria can be killed in the acidic environment of the stomach. The enteric coating will make sure they are able to be released in the intestines. DrNatura has one with the enteric coating. I decided to start taking the probiotics about 2 weeks into the cleanse. Just ordered them on line.
    Regarding the liver detox. I am drinking a detox tea every night. It is the one from DrNatura website (I just bought the whole package). They claime that there's also aides in degestion, but I bet you could just buy any detox tea at the healthfood store.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by health15; 09-24-2005 at 02:36 PM.

Old 09-24-2005, 07:03 PM   #285
    Avington3

Avington3 HB User

Hey, I have mild acne, usually after I binge on chocolate or forget to drink 8 glasses of water daily and am interested in this regiment. A couple questions:

1. Do I take the four pills of psyllium husks (two before lunch and two before dinner) or just two total?

2. Would it be alright if I took one pill of Psyllium Husks with Acidophilus at 880 mg instead of two at 500 mg?

3. Also, how long am I supposed to take these pills for this regimen?

Closed Thread