It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2005, 11:12 PM   #286
    lampwick

lampwick HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

To EV: You answered my post about 40 pages ago about whether to cleanse if you're already skinny and you said you're skinny too. Were you skinny when you started doing this cleanse? I am 22 also. I used to eat alot of junk food but I don't too much now. I eat alot though, all throughout the day, because I lose too much weight if I don't. I'm thinking of doing this cleanse though, because I read in alot of places that cleaning out your insides was the best way to get rid of acne, and the colon and bowels was the place to start.
    To Littledagga: How did the total cleanse off ebay work for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2005, 07:21 AM   #287
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Gross, psyllium turns into some gel when exposed to water... it looks disgusting.

Better gulp it down right off the bat, when you stare too much it'll just turn to something much worse.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #288
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@Lampwick The Total Cleanse off Ebay did help me in cleansing all my organs, but for the price I dont think I would buy one again.

I've been doing this regimen for about 4 weeks, My Acne is very much reduced, If I eat bad food I get spots, But the less junk food I eat the better my skin becomes. I do like crisps and chicken, but once every now and again is ok. Mostly been eating vegetables and fruit for the last year anyway, so its not too difficult to curb my cravings. For me this is the best regimen I have tried for my acne. Thx To EV for starting this thread.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:41 PM   #289
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by littledaga
    For me this is the best regimen I have tried for my acne. Thx To EV for starting this thread.
    i very much agree.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:57 AM   #290
    pr0ps

pr0ps HB User

can i still take my flaxseed oil and my evening primrose oil along with this cleanse? 'cause i think the flaxseed also has some fiber so im not sure if im overdosing the fiber. any inputs? thanks.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 AM   #291
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Sossy, I too was (and still am) quite a big eater with regular bowel movements (I take lots of exercise, as I mentioned). And I also ate lots of fruit and vegetables. However, I believe my regimen helps me to digest my food more cleanly, reducing (well, practically eliminating) the risk of acne.

soupyhead, I guess if you want to ingest more of the supplements then it wouldn't do any harm - it's just fibre!

Hi, Technicolor, from what I can make out, Ispagul is the same, or at least similar, to Psyllium. But it's not an English word, so I'm not one hundred percent sure.

With regards to grapefruit, I read a while back that it is good for reducing cravings for carbohyrdate; hence, I eat one every morning for breakfast. It does tend to fill me up until noon, which is good

EDIT: I didn't get to finish up earlier, so here goes:

health15, what you say about anti-biotics and the absorption of nutirents makes sense to me. Every time I took a course of anti-biotics my skin would improve dramatically for a few months and then the acne would come back with a vengeance, stronger each time Anything that can be done to nurture the body's natural immune system has got to be a bonus in the fight against acne.

soupyhead, if I were you I would separate out your treatments. If you don't have much success with a colon cleanse, then perhaps your problems do lie with your liver. It's all about experimentation

Hi, Avington3 Yes, I take four Pysllium (500mg) in total per day. Nobody (I don't think) has tried Acidophilus, but it seems to play a similar role to the probiotics that we have been taking. So once again, experiment and let us know the results Regarding the duration of the regimen, I have been taking these supplements at the same dosage since Februrary. They've changed my life so I'm sticking with them!

lampwick, I guess "skinny" is the word to most people. I prefer to use the term "six pack" My weight hasn't changed since starting the cleanse (I am 6'0" and 10st. 8lb, mostly muscle). and you're correct that I'm 22. I also eat a lot but I actually have to exercise heavily to maintain my weight. I used to weigh a few pounds less when I had more time to exercise. Now I have to watch what I eat or I pay for it while I'm running.

littledaga, you might not be as lucky as me, but nowadays I can get away with eating junk food now and again. If I over-indulge I will still get little pimples. But they have no staying power as opposed to the cysts that I used to suffer as a result of my indulgence.

By the way, littledaga and Anonym0us, I am extremely happy for you both that this regimen is helping. If I have only helped a few people, then my input has been worthwhile. So thank you for your kind words

pr0ps, you are correct that Flaxseed contains fibre, but I am not so sure that the oil itself will contain very much. Does anybody else know?

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 09-26-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #292
    c0nfused
    (male)

c0nfused HB User

EV, how important is the probiotics after the cleanse? I did the cleanse almost 2 weeks ago and have only been taking the psyllium husks and activated charcoal daily. Do you recommend that I get the probiotics? Do they sell it in a GNC brand? Let me know.. thanks.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #293
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

I am by no means able to drink this gel. I just can't do it and I cannot find psyllium husks in capsules in my country.
    I mean, I can, but it's just one of the major ingredients in the capsule and I do not know as of what effects may the other ingredients have on me. (That, and they're hella expensive. )

But, I have found psyllium seeds. Powdered, in capsules. (Cheap! ) Can that be used instead?

Old 09-28-2005, 01:14 AM   #294
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

hey guys i bought acidiphilious or however you spell it a few days ago and have been taking 1 a day with the psyllium and charcoal.. i'm sure it cant hurt.. it also says probiotic on the bottle

Old 09-28-2005, 03:53 AM   #295
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

c0nfused, I don't really know how important the probiotics are. I carry on taking all three components of my regimen because things have been going so well. But whether or not it's entirely necessary is unclear to me. Probiotics generally come in liquid form (as opposed to powder/capsules etc.) and are found easiest in a supermarket. GNC may have some - ask the assistant!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technicolor
    But, I have found psyllium seeds. Powdered, in capsules. (Cheap! ) Can that be used instead?
    That's great, Technicolor! Husks = seeds

Old 10-01-2005, 05:32 PM   #296
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

Hi , just a update on my progress, Its been about 5 weeks now and I had a breakout after eating some raw fish, which I thought wouldn't have any allergic reaction too, but i did, and right before a party I had to go too, just my luck, wish I was a girl sometimes and could cover it up. I drank water all night, I did want a beer, but I decided I would make up a excuse so I didn't have to drink. I'm thinking of doing the fast tomorrow for the third time, If my acne is hormonal will this regimen still help, cause everything I try to control my acne doesn't seem to help. I have cleared up alot, but the day I dont get 1 spot will be a very happy day. EV what would you recommend I use to wash with, at the moment I just use water.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:55 AM   #297
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Just water, really? I use Garnier Natural's regimen that's packed with zinc, and more, I take a handful of zinc tablets each day. It really helps.

I think EV mentioned some topical regimen back then. Diet alone won't clear you completely, you should cleanse, tone and moisturize daily.

About acne being hormonal, you should look up SweetJade1's topics on that matter.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #298
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

Technicolor I do just use water and the reason for this is I dont like putting stuff on my face because from past experiences I have seen a increase in oil after I have used a cleanser or moisturizer, and I use mineral water mostly to wash my face. My face isn't oily at all, so it must be doing me some good. I was thinking of getting some Vitamin C to aid in digestion, I read in this post that it does help.

Also Technicolor I take Pysllium Husk And Activated Charcoal everyday, so I know diet wont clear me completely, but it does help alot.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #299
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

I've been using psyllium husks and charcoal and probiotics for bout a month now, the first week it showed some improvement but acne still kinda hangs around. So, i can say that this didn't eliminate my acne due to the fact that my acne is caused by hormones, stress, and maybe a fast metabolism?..which means it can't burn cabs fast enough causing the liver to flood with toxins. I'm only 20 maybe this works for older people but not for younger.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #300
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by omega47
    I'm only 20 maybe this works for older people but not for younger.
    i doubt it. from what i know, EV is only 21 yrs old.

Last edited by primo1; 10-02-2005 at 12:09 PM.

Closed Thread