It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Pain caused by Sinus Infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
    fubaldo
    (female)

fubaldo HB User
    Question Pain caused by Sinus Infection?

Had a lower tooth pulled (molar) three weeks ago and its been doing fine, healing nicely now the pain is recurring, minus the throbbing of last time but I have a general ache in most of my teeth on one side top and bottom. I have had a cold and when I bend over I feel like my face is going to explode and I feel a weird popping in my tear duct and behind my eye, plus a headache that just won't quit. Someone told me it sounded more like a sinus infection than a dental prob. I can't see an absess or any redness where the tooth was pulled. No visable sign of anything. Can sinus problems cause dental pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
    Thomasb
    (male)

Thomasb HB User
    Re: Pain caused by Sinus Infection?

See my thread below. I am on the 8th day of antibiotics and nearly free of tooth pain. I was convinced the tooth was the problem for 2 weeks before seeking treatment for sinus infection.

My symptons were similar to yours but upper right teeth and cheek
    in severe pain.

[URL=http://]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=323020[/URL]

Old 09-28-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
    fubaldo
    (female)

fubaldo HB User

I believe my dentist may have pulled a healthy tooth. It had alot of filling in it but odd how when I was on antibiotic for a week after it was pulled my cold symptoms went away as well, now I have cold symptoms again and most of my teeth hurt. Oh well, Im heading for my GP tomorrow. Thank you so much. I have pain meds left from the extraction but can't take them as I've only just found out I'm pregnant.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
    clivecat
    (female)

clivecat HB User

I had an abcess years ago in an upper molar and after root treatment, a hole formed from the root area into the sinus. I had the tooth removed but I've had a problem with cronic recurrent sinusitis for several years, accompanied by gingivitus, and I can assure you that sinus pain can give you the worst tooth-ache (and face-ache) imaginable. Antibiotics will definitely help and I also use a mouthwash recommended for dental infections (I use Oraldene if you can get it) as this can help get rid of the pain faster. And if the pain doesn't go completely, go back to your doctor, as not all antibiotics are effective on sinus infections. Unfortunately, it seems that once you've had sinus/tooth-ache, you tend to become prone to it (at least for a while) so just be aware when you get snuffly in the future and don't let yourself suffer.

Closed Thread