It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane costs including tests and everything?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
    rpav
    (male)

rpav HB User
    Accutane costs including tests and everything?

I hope someone can anwser me a few questions. I would greatly appreciate it.
    I know the cost of Accutane are around $275-$350 or so for a months treatment, but what are the costs of a generic like lets say Amnesteem without insurance?
    How much in total have any of you paid for your treatments(either accutane or generic)?
    What did your blood or liver tests cost with or without insurance? (I'm very curious on this one).
    Is it possible I could start an Accutane treatment one month before I go on insurance (I would pay the first month in full), but the rest of the months be covered? My Mom's insurance has a new policy that said something about no more waiting period for pre-existing conditions or something like that.
    Also, I might have to use Amnesteem, and hope it would be the same (by regulations it does, but some say there's a percentage of the med that doesn't).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 09:16 AM   #2
    beachlover1133
    (female)

beachlover1133 HB User
    Re: Accutane costs including tests and everything?

Bump...because I have the exact same questions!

Old 10-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rpav
    I hope someone can anwser me a few questions. I would greatly appreciate it.
    I know the cost of Accutane are around $275-$350 or so for a months treatment, but what are the costs of a generic like lets say Amnesteem without insurance?
    How much in total have any of you paid for your treatments(either accutane or generic)?
    What did your blood or liver tests cost with or without insurance? (I'm very curious on this one).
    Is it possible I could start an Accutane treatment one month before I go on insurance (I would pay the first month in full), but the rest of the months be covered? My Mom's insurance has a new policy that said something about no more waiting period for pre-existing conditions or something like that.
    Also, I might have to use Amnesteem, and hope it would be the same (by regulations it does, but some say there's a percentage of the med that doesn't).
    Prices for prescriptions can vary greatly between pharmacies. In my experience, local, independant (non-chain) pharmacies have the best prices. Ironically, chains are significantly higher. Call around for prices; this is just how it is in my region.

Anyway, to give you some idea, Walgreens charges the following for 30 tablets. Claravis is Walgreen's generic.
    ACCUTANE 10MG $327.99
    CLARAVIS 10MG $209.19

ACCUTANE 20MG $401.09
    CLARAVIS 20MG $234.09

ACCUTANE 40MG $432.99
    CLARAVIS 40MG $250.99

I have no idea about testing.

Also, any pharmacy should be able to charge you the cash (pharmacy term for without insurance) price for 1 month, then switch you to your insurance. Just be sure to present your insurance card when bringing in your new Rx. I wouldn't hesitate to use the generic, either. The FDA has strict standards before approving generic drugs. They must prove to be equally effective and chemically identical.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
    realsad
    (female)

realsad HB User

i need to know the answers to all those questions also, including prices for bloodwork, i am losing my insurance this month and am in the middle of my treatment, i really don't want to stop early and will do whatever i can so that doesn't happen. i would be devastated after all i went through to get on the accutane, if i had to stop before the end of treatment because i am losing my stinkin insurance, so so devastated!

Closed Thread