It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2005, 04:53 AM   #316
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Whoo, the fast is done. It's too early to say anything about result, all I know I woke up this morning with more black marks than I could count.
    I'm not sure how to treat those pesky things.

But the bumps on my tummy and bigger pimples on my face shrunk overnight.
    Garnier has AHA in it, so the exfoliation showed some inflammation on my cheeks.

I ****** very long this morning and ooh, the odour! Now I'm quite sure I'm flushed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #317
    aida amador
    (female)

aida amador HB User

Has someone got rid of acne scars without surgery?

Old 10-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #318
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Depends on what kind of scars do you have in mind.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #319
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Okay, time for me to reply to everyone's posts I think! Sorry guys - been very busy at work lately!

littledaga, this is going back a bit, but you mentioned avoiding beer. That's a good idea. If you can stand to make such sacrifices for the time being, then do so because it will help you in the long-run. If you want to drink, then stick to spirits with mixers and have one glass of water to every alcoholic drink. Your head and mouth will thank for that in the morning, too

Regarding your washing routine, I would recommend using a cleanser and astringent of some kind. A cream cleanser (i.e. not soap) will remove surface debris and dirt from the day and the toner will clease the pores. It's best to use warm water with the cleanser in order to open the pores. I also recommend using a clay or mud based mask at least once a week to perform a deeper cleanse.

And, yes, Vitamin C will aid your digestion and is proven to assist the production of new skin cells.

Hang in there, omega47. I too have fast metabolism and that's where I think a lot of my problems stemmed from. I believe that the faster we burn our food, the less cleanly it is processed. This regimen helps to reduce the waste by-products of digestion.

Hi Jelohi I'm afraid I wouldn't like to say for sure whether or not a digestive system cleanse would be safe for you in your condition. I can't think of any reason why, but perhaps it's best to consult your GP.

c0nfused, maybe the problem you have is that you are playing around with your skin too much. Topical solutions generally do more harm than good in my opinion. The more you apply, the more you are touching your face. This promotes cross-infection of pores by the spreading of bacteria. Also, the more you dry out your face, the more sebum your sebaceous glands will produce in response. You need to maintain a balance. I know it's really hard to resist putting things on your face, but consider why you are doing it. You do it to treat the symptoms of acne. You need to treat the causes!

Hello lainrosuta! As you say, this regimen doesn't have to be about weight loss. That is one possible side-effect, but really it's about taking the burden off your digestive system so that the side-effects aren't evident on your skin. Just think about it, our ancestors didn't eat the amount of stodgy rubbish that we eat nowadays. It's no wonder our skin gets in a state!

So, you've experienced a productive cleanse, by the sounds of it. You will feel better for it, and hopefully you will see more results on your face sooner rather than later. Please keep us updated with your progress!

Technicolor, you crack me up girl! I can see that you're not exactly enjoying this regimen (well, its ingredients, at least), but you've got the right attitude towards all this: don't be afraid to try different things, use your common sense, and stay positive. Good on you! I'm rooting for you all the way to be clear by next summer By the way, by "black marks", do you mean blackheads?

Anonym0us, you've got exactly the right idea about how to treat your skin on the surface: less is more! The Essential Fatty Acids you are taking will be beneficial to you. Like I said, it's all about experimentation. I'm glad to hear that you're testing things for yourself!

health15, what would you say has been the biggest factor in your recent improvements? If you have really cut out sugar then that's probably the one. But hopefully you can cleanse your digestive system to a level whereby you can afford to indulge your sweet tooth every so often. Keep us updated please!

soupyhead, I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you now!

aida amador, I could talk for a long time about the subject of scars and marks, and I will if you want me to, but I'm flagging a bit now. Let me just say that lately I have been having immense success with Glycolic Acid (30% concentration), which I would put on a par with microdermabrasion, except that it's better because it's not so extreme. As Technicolor says, though, it would help us if you could describe your scars/marks.

As a general note - everyone seems positive here, and that's wonderful. The worst thing you can do about acne is dwell on it in a negative light. Even if things are progressing as well as you all hoped, stick at your various regimens and stay positive. You've got the best support network available here! And I don't care if that sounds cheesy

Old 10-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #320
    lainosuta
    (female)

lainosuta HB User

Has anyone heard of the Warrior Diet and if it helps their skin? I was looking around on the internet at foods for detoxing and tripped over it. Essentially you semi-fast all day long, drinking water and eating fruit, and in the evening, eat a healthy three course meal(salad, soup, then protein/carbs/ect). It seems to be focused on atheletic endurance, teaching the body to use it's glycogen stores more efficiently, and cycling your body through detoxing and refueling daily. To be honest, I felt better the day I was fasting, then the days I've returned to normal, and I didn't get truly hungry til evening. It seems drastic, but if anyone else felt really "balanced" the day they fasted, they might want to look into it as well. I also have a serious problem with being focused on food, trying to make sure I eat every four hours, and I think this might dis-associate my time-food obsessive behavior.

And the more amusing news.. I thought I felt sick after the fasting from the lack of food. It turned out that I caught a stomach bug! My fiance got sick the next day, so hey, maybe it's not the detox.

Good news? Almost no new outbreaks. My old ones will take a long time to heal. But my blackheads and little whiteheads on my chin are still there, so I"m still in this for the long run. Thanks EV for starting this thread! It's such a relief to see something working again!

Old 10-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #321
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Tee hee.
    No, those are scars of some sort, but I discovered I just scratched myself. I pick on my face not being aware of it, and I pick on it while I'm telling myself to quit it at the same time. It's a deadly loop, I tell you.

Anyway, there is another problem.
    Intensinal gases.
    Holy -bleep-, I fart like 50 times a day if not more!

How do you fight THAT?
    NOW I'm anxious to go outside!

Well huh, don't say "hop" until you've jumped... it's too early to judge if my skin is better or worse. I have some new outbreaks, I have to see what the hell causes this.
    I swear, the first holiday I get will be a huge experiment. 7 day water fast and adding foods to see what and why breaks me out. :/

Old 10-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #322
    toocool

toocool HB User

I read this thread and decided to do some research on activated charcoal. On this one health site I found, it said that acticated charcoal will also adsorb vitamins and nutrients in addition to toxins. So i'm just wondering, how many people have cleared up with this regemine of activated charcoal and psyllium husk seeds? I feel that if I try it, all the vitamins and minerals I get from fruits, vegetables, and pills will be of no use to me and I will break out.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #323
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Ah, no, that's what the Yakult is for.

Lactoblahblahcasei are bacteria who catch those nutritiens and vitamins and stick 'em in you, before Charcoal gets the chance to wipe 'em away. So as long as you have your army of LCaseis, you should not worry.

And you know, it's not really about Charcoal and Psyllium, it's about detoxifying yourself and being on a healthy diet. It works wonders. The skin is the mirror of the body, after all. If something is bad inside you, it signals through your skin.

In our case, acne is the signal. Whether it's hormones or bad diet, that's for us to find out.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #324
    toocool

toocool HB User

Can any probiotic be used, or is Lactobacillus casei the one that is most effective?

Old 10-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #325
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Well, I think that any probiotical supplement will do the same job.
    Many people use acidophilus. You may do some research on that. LCaseis are just the ones that blow the horn the most.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #326
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

toocool. I am doing a colon cleanse without the activated charcol. I take an herbal suppliment for getting rid of parasites, than 20 min later, I use 1 tablespoon of DrNatura intestinal cleanser mixed with water. At night I drink a detox tea. The cleanser has psyllium husks, flax seeds, fennel seed, licorice root, aloe vera, grapefruit extract, papaya fruit, slippery elm bark, marchmallow root, rhubarb root, guar gum, peppermint leaf, and uva ursi leaf. It seems to be working very well. You wouldn't believe what is coming out of me! I'm not sure what I am missing by not using the charcol.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #327
    senoflys
    (male)

senoflys HB User

Hey Health15, can you tell us any more about your experiences with Dr Natura's? Can you elaborate on what is coming out, how you feel, any skin improvement? I've been contemplating it but it seems like a bit of cash to spend so I want it to be worth it. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #328
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

In our case, acne is the signal. Whether it's hormones or bad diet, that's for us to find out.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Do you think that if acne hit exactly the same time as puberty (age 12) and persists past age 17 then it's more hormonal than digestive system?

Old 10-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #329
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi skimom Don't you think there is a link between hormones, diet, and one's digestive system? I believe there is. When we hit puberty certain hormones concentrate their efforts on the development of the sex organs. That's the priority: without those we'd all be extinct. But those hormones are also required for other purposes, such as the efficient metabolism of food.

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 10-10-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #330
    lainosuta
    (female)

lainosuta HB User

I got my package of ParaStroy today in the mail, and I'll start using it + psyllium seeds. It already has bentonite clay in it, as well as an assortment of other things. So far I haven't seen anything terribly unusual with my bm, so maybe this will help flush some things out.

Closed Thread