It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Sub Detox/WD/Taper

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #31
    astrolifter
    Inactive
    (male)

astrolifter HB User
    Re: Sub Detox/WD/Taper

I recently went through detox and rehab, the doctor that put me on sub didn't seem to know what he was doing because he started me out on 4mg sub, had me on that for 5 days, dropped me to 2 mg for one day, and just took me right off! I suffered horrific withdrawals and didn't even sleep the next night. I discharged myself from the place, and the doctor there wrote me a script for a measly 4 tabs of sub to taper off of. Right now, I have been stabilized at taking 1mg for 4 days, I just took my last pill today. If I had more pills, I would drop down to .50 and stabilize myself at that first, but unfortunately, I don't. Luckily, I have time off work. I also have plenty of trazadones, which help with opiate withdrawal and zanax and valium if I need them.

Last edited by astrolifter; 10-11-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 06:01 PM   #32
    rmi227
    (male)

rmi227 HB User

Astrollifter, get yourself a good Sub doctor, there is no need to suffer from withdrawls anymore. I have been on sub for over a year. I started out at 16mgs a day for about 9 months, then I tapered down to nothing, and went back to using, I immediatly went back on the Suboxone. I now take 2mg's a day.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:10 AM   #33
    TrampyG
    (male)

TrampyG HB User

Way too quick. Maybe fine another doc.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #34
    astrolifter
    Inactive
    (male)

astrolifter HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rmi227
    Astrollifter, get yourself a good Sub doctor, there is no need to suffer from withdrawls anymore. I have been on sub for over a year. I started out at 16mgs a day for about 9 months, then I tapered down to nothing, and went back to using, I immediatly went back on the Suboxone. I now take 2mg's a day.
    I've been trying, but it seems that the one's that i've talked to tell me to just go back to the rehab where I just came from?! Maybe I need to get a referral from them or something, if so, I hope they can give me one, the last thing I want to do is relapse, I took my last 1mg sub on tuesday and haven't really slept since! This sucks!

Old 10-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #35
    rmi227
    (male)

rmi227 HB User

Astro, you can find a good sub doctor here, most will keep you on it for as long as you like. Mine wants me to be on forever but I want to go off someday. http://www.suboxone.com/patients/resources/find_a_doctor.aspx
    I will help you anyway I can. I know how frustrating your situation is. You just need to find the right doctor.

Closed Thread