It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Relationship Health Message Board

  • Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #16
    evy38
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 621
    evy38 HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cokiemonsta
    Ive been with my boyfriend for ..almost 3 years. The problem is he doesnt like it when i wear short skirts. ..i never dress slutty and wear things that are too short, or too exposing but i do love mini skirts (even them, i wear nicely with the right kind of top). This whole thing started when i first wore one when i went out with my boyfriend.. and had a lot of guys look at me. A lot of them were older..some even had girlfriends.

    My boyfriend tells me that if we were to go out and some guy tried to hit on me, or said something sleazy to me while i was with my boyfriend..my boyfriend would be tempted to kick his ***..and probably would get into a fight with him..he says its a respect thing..and that when guys hit on an obviously taken girl, its offensive to both the guy and his girlfriend.

    He says he gets very angry when he sees men look at me intensly..he claims that its ok if they just look and then look away but when they "check me out" he gets very upset.

    I dont notice men intensly checking me out, ive only noticed it a few times. It bothers me because im not a very confident person..and i know my boyfriend likes me in a skirt alot..he gets really turned on so wearing one around him makes me feel good about myself..ive explained this to him as well.

    He says that he considers me a serious girlfriend and i if i want to be considered a serious girlfriend i shouldnt wear skirts! lol.
    How stupid is this?
    He also claims its a social thing as well and "modest girls" dont wear short skirts.
    None of my skirts are grossly short, to the point where i cant even bend a lil without my *** poping up..but geez..

    what are peoples thoughts on this?
    Hi,
    Your guy sounds a little immature. Sounds like he has some control issues, anger issues and trust issues. You need to decide, right now, what you'll put up with and what you won't. Today it's a short skirt, tommorrow it will be a blouse, next day shoes. Every time you alter who you are for him, you loose a little bit of yourself. Pretty soon, you won't know who you are and neither will he. When you loose yourself, you loose his interest, so if you want to keep him, keep him on his toes and stand up for yourself and your own values.

    Last edited by evy38; 10-14-2005 at 01:40 PM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #17
    Divation
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    Divation's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 340
    Divation HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    My boyfriend is like this as well. We just fought for 3 days straight about me going to a club with my girlfriends because it was one of their birthdays. He finally agreed to let me go, but then the next argument was about what I was going to wear. And he wouldn't let me wear certain shirts without him being there. It's so stupid.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #18
    veggie girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    veggie girl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Posts: 939
    veggie girl HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Guys are gonna look at girls regardless. I can't even go out in a sweatsuit without guys whistling or hitting on me.

    The only way I would not get hit is is the wear a burqa - and hell will freeze over before I would do something like that. The whole female attire and male response issue brings up deeper issue of male behavior and we should address it NOT with female attire adjustment but with teaching men that its NOT okay to yell profanities at a girl just because she happens to be pretty, have nice legs, big boobs. Hey, a glance is fine, but leering, taunting and touching is NOT okay.

    But, If your boyfriend doensn't like his girl to get male attention, then he ought to opt for a plainer girl.

    Last edited by veggie girl; 10-14-2005 at 02:21 PM.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #19
    KaraKaraKara
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    KaraKaraKara's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: USA
    Posts: 148
    KaraKaraKara HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    I have to agree with a few things ive heard so far on here... especially the KEY AND MOST IMPORTANT POINT that you are your own person and you can wear whatever the heck you want to wear, its America! Besides that, giving a person the CHOICE to wear what they want is part of respecting the other person! I mean obviously he shouldnt think that you would go parading around naked, he should trust your judgement. Tell him this. Tell him that unless he wants you to start dressing him, he needs to back out a little bit. Remember, that if he is overly jealous, there may be trust issues present, and if there are trust issues, its no good.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 06:57 PM   #20
    Cokiemonsta
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Cokiemonsta's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Posts: 21
    Cokiemonsta HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigFan
    I see your point, but I think it's splitting hairs to say that your skirt is short, but not too short. If a man turns his head around, then it's probably shorter than normal. I'm not insecure or jealous, but it gets aggravating when you can't walk by a man with your woman without everyone breaking their necks and staring. If I'm with her all day, that could be 100 stares! If you just wanted to turn your boyfriend on, you can put on or take off anything you want in the bedroom. And it's nothing worth whipping a-- over if he doesn't say anything, but it IS disrespect if a man is bold enough to perve on my woman if he can't do it discreetly enough for me to not notice him.

    Oh ok, so if i wear jeans and men look , does that mean i should wrap myself up like a muslim lady because my jeans arent appropriate and are tighter then normal?
    Let me paint a picture for you, there are the type of skirts that are "in" that you see girls wearing...i dont wear those kind of skirts because they're too short..i do a lot of shopping before i find a mini skirts thats the right length.

    2) men will turn around and look at anything that looks decent.
    Ive had guys hoonk and stare at me when i was 12 and riding my bike..and i was wearing nothing skanky..unless jeans and a top are considered skanky.

    The cold truth is, we live in a world where men no longer hide how desperate they are for a piece of ***..
    Wearing a skirt around my boyfriend when we go out, gets him hot for the after part..he cant keep his hands of me..and i know he absolutely loves my legs, which is why i wear them

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #21
    mada_3083
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    mada_3083's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Posts: 526
    mada_3083 HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    i for one would love guys to be perving on my girlfriend... i mean really, it's the ultimate compliment... if the girl i'm with is desirable to other men, should i get violent, or just bask in the glory of a stunning girl that other guys are drooling over... no question, i say flaunt it... because i'm secure enough to know that she's coming home to me, i don't care how many guys are interested. she cares for me i care for her. thats a connection that a few compliments and stares won't break down. i know it's a bad example because women are not possessions, but ask your boyfriend if he'd "beat the [email protected]" out of a guy because he complimented your boyfriends taste in cars (by looking at his car, or by saying "nice car mate" or whatever) or anything else... bet he'd be pleased. so why is it different with a girl that has made the concious decision to be with HIM.

    he sounds healous and insecure... is there any reason he could reasonably be nervous about you leaving him for another guy (have you mentioned anything about old flames etc). otherwise he has issues and should be dropped like a sack of ....

    Last edited by mada_3083; 10-14-2005 at 07:10 PM.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #22
    mada_3083
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    mada_3083's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Posts: 526
    mada_3083 HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigFan
    I see your point, but I think it's splitting hairs to say that your skirt is short, but not too short. If a man turns his head around, then it's probably shorter than normal. I'm not insecure or jealous, but it gets aggravating when you can't walk by a man with your woman without everyone breaking their necks and staring. If I'm with her all day, that could be 100 stares! If you just wanted to turn your boyfriend on, you can put on or take off anything you want in the bedroom. And it's nothing worth whipping a-- over if he doesn't say anything, but it IS disrespect if a man is bold enough to perve on my woman if he can't do it discreetly enough for me to not notice him.
    how's it splitting hairs? to me a short skirt is one that is above the knees... now i wouldn;t call a skirt that sits just above the knees "too short".

    what does it hurt you if guys are looking at your girl? be thankful that she has chosen YOU to be with... 100 stares WOOPY DOO. it's a small price to pay to be in a mutual and loving relationship. as for keeping it in the bedroom, it's not like the poster has said that she wants to wear her leather dominatrix attire down the supermarket... it's a skirt... it's an everyday piece of clothing, why should she be restricted to wearing it as a sex aid? personally i was the other way, my ex had a couple of skirts and shirts i LOVED to see her in, but she'd only put them on so i could take them off again... i'd have given anything to spend a whole day watching her in them, instead of taking a glance then being obliged to remove them... it'd drive me nuts in the best possible way.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 07:16 PM   #23
    Daphnee
    Senior Member
     
    Daphnee's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Posts: 190
    Daphnee HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cokiemonsta
    I am modest..and your x sounds like a skank. I wear skirts in summer..and theres nothing wrong with that..infact tonight i wanted to wear one and i told him and he got excited..he was like "skirt..mmmm"..then i didnt end up wearing one coz it was cold at night and he was like aww damn, i was looking foward to that skirt.
    I wear underwear lol geez, and none of my skirts are slutty nor are my tops..
    I dont see why a girl cant be modest in a short skirt (but not too short) and nice top(not a tight skanky one). and i certainly dont sit in way sthat others can see "things"
    Who are you to call her a skank?? I think that is rude and inappropriate for YOU or anyone else to judge someone by how they choose to dress!!

    I dress sexy and NOT trampy style either, and I have many men who stare at me and enjoy every minute of it. So, what if his ex didn't wear anything under her skirts, I personally wouldn't do it, and my skirts are never more than a few inches above the knee.

    But thats her business, so really I still see nothing wrong with sexy attire as long as its covering the parts that should be covered.

    Lets face it theres sexy dressing, and then theres trampy style. Personally, if my b/f or husband tried to tell me how to dress, he would be hearing some words from me.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #24
    Cokiemonsta
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Cokiemonsta's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Posts: 21
    Cokiemonsta HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Mada, no! We've been together for 3 years..never cheated on each other..we get along great and we have a good sex life. He knows im happy with him..and ive told him that when i wear a skirt, its for him..its to get him excited because i know it does

    I actually think he'll be ok with it this summer..he was fine with it last night when i told him i might wear one..he got excited.

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #25
    Cokiemonsta
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Cokiemonsta's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Posts: 21
    Cokiemonsta HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daphnee
    Who are you to call her a skank?? I think that is rude and inappropriate for YOU or anyone else to judge someone by how they choose to dress!!

    I dress sexy and NOT trampy style either, and I have many men who stare at me and enjoy every minute of it. So, what if his ex didn't wear anything under her skirts, I personally wouldn't do it, and my skirts are never more than a few inches above the knee.

    But thats her business, so really I still see nothing wrong with sexy attire as long as its covering the parts that should be covered.

    Lets face it theres sexy dressing, and then theres trampy style. Personally, if my b/f or husband tried to tell me how to dress, he would be hearing some words from me.

    I called his x a skank because he said that she'd wear incredibily short skirts and spread her legs infront of his friends (and she wouldnt wear underwear)..and to me thats skanky.
    It sounded like he was comparing the two of us, and i wanted to clear up that im nothing like that.

    I have great legs and a nice ***, it would be a pitty for me to cover them up for the rest of my life just because todays male population is 99.9% "desperados".. Why should i suffer in pants or ugly shorts when its 34degrees outside?
    And why shouldnt i wear mini skirts if they look good on me and if i know how to pick out the types of skirts that arent "trampy"?
    I was curious as to what males would say on such a topic because i wanted to know if it was common for men to have "issues" with others looking at their girlfriend.

    i think after last night, my boyfriend is gonna be fine with me wearing skirts

     
    Old 10-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #26
    Daphnee
    Senior Member
     
    Daphnee's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Posts: 190
    Daphnee HB User
    Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

    Yes, I agree thats definately tacky, and he does have a right to tell her about that. In my personal opinion, there is sexy dressing, and on the other hand some gals show way too much in public.

    You can still appear alluring and sexy in your own way and not even have to dress sexy. My husband prefers I dress sensually because he likes that, so why not.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Feeling jealous and insecure in my relationship River rocks Relationship Health 8 01-14-2010 04:39 PM
    Jealous that my boyfriend gets aroused by other women mko555 Relationship Health 15 10-20-2009 03:11 AM
    Jealous girlfriend Vyberfox Relationship Health 5 03-06-2007 02:42 PM
    Not being jealous ?????? twotulips Relationship Health 9 05-12-2005 11:59 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!