It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Asprin is a godsend!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #16
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User
    Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

i started out doing it three times a week. now i use aspirin at least once a day. if i'm too lazy to do the mask, i just dissolve about 10 aspirin in my hand with a little water, mix it with my facial cleanser, rub my hands together and massage it onto my face for a minute, then rinse.

i wanted to mention that the mask gets really messy. once it dries, it doesnt stick so it flakes off easily. i know that some people mix the aspirin with aloe vera gel, honey, or even plain yogurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 10:01 AM   #17
    ksaguy
    (male)

ksaguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abby214
    Hi, could you tell me how often do you use this aspirin mask? Weekly? Couple times a week? Daily?

Thanks
    Abby
    hi
    well at the begining, i used it everyday for two weeks. and when it started to get better, i used it 3-4 times a week.
    its been quite a long time since i applied it... i am going back to it tonight..

Edit: i would not recommend it to be used daily for a long period of time because no matter what others say, i know that certain amount of aspirin gets into your blood stream everytime you apply it. and Aspirin is a blood thinner.. too much of everything is bad.

Last edited by ksaguy; 10-23-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #18
    .salt
    (male)

.salt HB User

OMG yay! ima try to today! thanks u guys..seriously..bcuz i have red scars on my cheeks,temple, sideburn line, and forehead, and its so bad..i hate going to school..but i hope this HELPS! plus..i have sensitive skin but will it be ok?? bcuz i just finished accutane!

Old 10-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #19
    TeachMeMore
    (female)

TeachMeMore HB User
    Wink Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

I read your post last night and wanted to say, Thank you. You were right on about the glow. It arrived with one use. [Side note: It also worked good as a filler, mixing it with a tiny bit of vaseline, but am heading the motto of too much of anything is never a good thing.]

Thank you so much!

Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #20
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by .salt
    i have sensitive skin but will it be ok??
    i have extremely sensitive skin. i have to be very careful about the products i use on my face and on my hair, because it seems that just about anything will cause me to break out. aspirin really calms my skin.

good luck

Old 10-23-2005, 07:43 PM   #21
    123 Gurl
    Inactive
    (female)

123 Gurl HB User

When I make it, it's more like sand, is that right?
    Like kind of beach sand type. I had put too much water in it at first so I added another 2 aspirins to even it out, then I put it on my face and it is like beach sand, not like a facial mask. Did I do this wrong?

Old 10-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #22
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

no. it'll be kind of gritty, since the aspirin doesnt COMPLETELY dissolve. i prefer the walgreens brand because it doesnt get AS GRITTY as other brands. kmart, walmart, and target brands were a little too rough for my skin.

but the grit is good. when it dries and you're ready to wash it off, just get your hands wet and pat your face, then massage for a minute or two. great exfoliator!

Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #23
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User

I have been using the aspirin as a scrub in the shower rather than a mask. It is really messy as a mask! When it dries, it just completely flakes off! Anyway, it makes a really great scrub and my skin feels really nice afterwards.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 PM   #24
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

2nd time doing this today for me and face feels VERY good and looks mch better!

Old 10-26-2005, 08:50 PM   #25
    Timothy86
    (male)

Timothy86 HB User

I just wanted to let everyone know that asprin is another name for salycilic acid. So when making an aspring mask you are just putting concentrated salycilic acid on your face which is why it helps many people.

There's my 2 cents!!!

Enjoy

Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #26
    Timothy86
    (male)

Timothy86 HB User

I also wanted to add that if you don't want to make this aspirin dose all the time there are several creams that are effectively the same thing. Paula's Choice makes one called Skin Releif Treatment which main ingredient is aspirin and there are many others.

You don't have to make it out of aspirin that you get from the store since there may be other ingredients in the store bought ones.

Now that's 3 cents I've added!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #27
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

I have found that if I use a table knife to grind the aspirin up really fine on a cutting board then put it into a little cup and put some water in it it gets a little smoother and easier to put on as a mask. I have been using the Walmart kind though. When I run out I'll try the Walgreens brand. It does seem to be working. I use it and pro-active. I used to use the pro-active first then put the mask on. I am going to start using pro-active at night and then use the aspirin mask in the morning for about 15 minutes before I get into the shower.

Last edited by Kari7171; 10-27-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #28
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I've used aspirin mask 4 times now and my face looks MUCH smoother and better then before! Even after my weekly shave the skin underneath my skin was DRAMATICALLY improved!

This is working, im so glad i stumbled onto this thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #29
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

The only thing I don't like about it is when it dries it starts falling off of my face and it's very powdery and I start sneezing like crazy and then even more falls off all over the place and that makes me sneeze even more. I ran to the bathroom to get it off my face the last time I used it and the sneezing stopped right away. It happens every time I use it. I wonder if there is something I could mix it into that would keep it from flaking off so much.

Old 10-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #30
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

i know that some people have mixed the aspirin paste with honey, yogurt, or aloe vera gel. a few times i have mixed a little bit of cleanser with it to keep it from flaking off so much.

Closed Thread

Tags
    aspirin mask