It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne around lips..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
    Stylianfire
    (male)

Stylianfire HB User
    Acne around lips..

Hey guys.. I have acne around my forehead, very smooth cheeks, and only in the last year or so started getting it around my mouth and around my nose nostrils (at the bottom there in that are).. I read a different thread (kinda old now), but its here, [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=339755[/url] . about Jojoba oil..

I used to never use chapstick or anything and then I started using it a couple years ago and have been hooked to it.. I use chapstick probably every hour, I never go anywhere without it.. so my lips always have chapstick on them.. And sense i've been doing that, or maybe just by coincidence, ive been getting acne around my lips area.. The ingredients are : "Vegetable oils, Beeswax, Lecithin, Jojoba Oil, Vitamen E, Aloe Vera & Flavors, Active sunscreen ingredient: PABA(6%). The chapstick is called "Nanak's Lip Smoothee" i think.. only chapstick i've used for the most aprt because it has no scent. Edit: I also kinda smother my lips with it :P but I try to wipe off the excess when I apply the chapstick..(but of course, some gets on the skin not being part of my lips)

Anyway I would like to know if anyone knows if those ingredients or just this sort of chapstick or something cause breakouts or are bad for skin in anyway? Or at least maybe another alternative to this chapstick, that does not have a scent? I want really nice lips(im a guy.. no im not gay or anything), but its hard to make them nice when their is acne clustering right next to it

Oh yeah, offtopic from this, I didnt want to make a new thread.. Anyone know of any good "Spot removers"? any details for any that work for you or anything like that? thanks !

Last edited by Stylianfire; 11-15-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
    Stylianfire
    (male)

Stylianfire HB User
    Unhappy Re: Acne around lips..

this stuff around the lips really got me ****** at my face.. I couldnt help but try and squeeze some of the stuff out last night, which made it red.. Just now I washed my face because I am so angry at how it looks, especially sense just a few days ago it was looking pretty good. What I normally have been doing is washing softly with my hands using the Checks And Balances stuff, patting dry, using some sort of toner with citric acid, then using plantidote and lotion.. but I wanted to just destroy all the acne on my face and I think that was a bad idea.. I just scrubbed my face with hot water and a washcloth, then used the Checks and Balances, washed/scrubbed that off. Then patted my face dry and used the ClearPad things or whatever from Clearasil, the stuff that has alcohol and 2% sallisic acid.. OUCH! so I got that all over, with it like burning.. then I washed my face again. patted dry. and used my regular toner stuff with the citric acid thats much milder.. OUCH. even that burned. then I just put on the plantidote stuff which normally feels so good, just sort of eased the pain.. Now my face is really red and looks like CRAP. I hope it looks better tommorow.. I hate acne! :'(

Any advice on what to do? Like.. not use a toner, or not wash my face for a while, or just use the plantidote, etc.

Last edited by Stylianfire; 11-16-2005 at 10:06 PM.

Closed Thread