It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Lasting nausea = GERD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
    Colt1138
    (male)

Colt1138 HB User
    Lasting nausea = GERD?

Hi, new here and decided to post because I am going nuts.

About a month and a half ago I had some sort of stomach virus, or food posioning. I got sick at night and started throwing up. Then I became incredibly weak and had a fever. I had to stay in bed for 2 days. I didn't go to the doctor. I got better about 3 days after the first night.

Soon after I had a hard time eating without getting sick. I started small, and eventually stopped feeling sick and ate regular meals, but then I started feeling sick on occassion. But no throwing up. I haven't thrown up since the first episode.

These last few weeks have been bad. I've been very nauseas, usually in the morning, sometimes during the day and at night. It tends to happen when I eat, but sometimes not.

I went to the clinic because I don't have medical insurance. They took some basic tests and perscribed PROTONIX. I've been taking it for two days, but I still feel nausea, though my stomach acid has been reduced greatly. The doctor thought my nausea had something to do with too much stomach acid. But what's the point in taking this if I still get sick? And some of the side effects are indeed nausea!

I don't know what's wrong with me and I need some real answers.

Oh I forgot to mention that the last couple of weeks my bowel movement has greatly reduced. It's kind of scaring me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
    mymeka
    (female)

mymeka HB User
    Re: Lasting nausea = GERD?

Sounds to me like you should definatley get an endoscopy. Prior to my getting diagnosed with reflux (gerd), I was naseaus and vomited, too. The Nexium has really helped me.

Best of luck,

Lori

Old 11-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
    Colt1138
    (male)

Colt1138 HB User
    Re: Lasting nausea = GERD?

Is that expensive? I don't have medical insurance.

Closed Thread