It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I have a horn growing on my head.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
    o_janus_o
    (female)

o_janus_o HB User
    Angry I have a horn growing on my head.

And a second nose. Grrrrrr

When I was in Jr. High and Highschool my acne was terrible. My face was always COVERED in it. I was teased mercilisly(sp?) and no one of the oposite sex would even glance my direction. I always got asked the question, always quite seriously, "Do you wash your face?" OF COURSE I WASH MY FACE!!!

I got older and my acne faded some. It by no means went away, but with a little concealer it became managable and I wasn't ashamed to be seen in public anymore.

The past couple months has been terrible again! I really do look like I have a horn and second nose sprouting on my face. My chin is covered in acne, everything from teeny little bumps to gigantic, under-the-surface volcanos. I have a spattering of zits over the rest of my face as well.

I am finding it difficult to even get out with friends (these friends have never seen me with tons of acne before). I accepted it in school, I guess because I hadn't known anything different, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to this again.

Can anybody give me recomendations for good over the counter treatments? I need something effective that doesn't dry out my skin. When I use clearasil and stuff like that it works for a little bit, but my skin overcompensates and becomes terribly oily. Does tea tree oil work for anyone? Could you recomend a nice mild cleanser as well? Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
    El_Santito_05
    (male)

El_Santito_05 HB User
    Re: I have a horn growing on my head.

Instead of thinking about a good over-the-counter cream, think about skin care overall in regards to your face. With this I mean that you should get a good acne kit that carries a cleanser, toner, cream, and moisturizer. "Solvere" has worked for me 100% and it is composed of nearly all the ingredients used to combat acne. You should also consider improving your diet to eating lots of fruits and vegetables and staying away from junk food and fried food.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #3
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

For persistent annoying cystic acne I would suggest accutane.YOu can also use rentin-a and vit c on your face.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 AM   #4
    WaterSoothes
    (female)

WaterSoothes HB User

Hey, have you read the post about digestive system cleanse to eliminate acne? Try to do that. Maybe that's the problem. It's the most natural way possible, and it's easy. I have been reading that acne can have a lot to do with the digestive disfunction. Your liver, kidneys, intestines, etc. are what process your food intakes, but if they are filled with toxins or doesn't work too well, then it will find ways to excrete toxins through the skin. That's why we drink water and why we sweat.

I understand exactly how you feel. I have gone a few times with not so bad acne until they start sprouting off again, and it's so embarrassing because people don't see you that way before. You think nothing of it when you have it consistently for a long time. I totally understand.

I would forget about over-the-counter crap. They have done nothing for me. Also, I found out that the SPF lotions I have used in the past has caused me terrible acne because I went a period of time wearing an oil-free lotion instead, and my skin was pretty good for as long as the bottle lasted, then I went back to SPF lotions thinking I'd have premature skin (that's another marketing lie), and I developed volcano-like red underskin eruptions around my mouth. It was so disgusting. I went without SPF again, and I didn't get those nasty bumps anymore. I have been using SPF since high school, and I always thought why it's good to apply SPF over red bumpy skin, but I kept on thinking it's necessary--now I realize it was my body telling me to stop that crap.

If you use any SPF or lotions that are not oil-free-get rid of it or any other skin care you've been using that you might not think is causing acne--try getting rid of it to see if your skin gets better.

I experimented with other lotions that sure enough got me 3 painful acne I haven't had in a long time in about 2 days. I didn't think lotions made a difference in breakouts, but I found out they do.

Have you tried ProActive? They didn't work for me, but it works for others, so I figure you might try something else out there other than OTC which are a waste of money. You can return ProActive if they don't work.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:25 AM   #5
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User

Definately see a dermatologist asap. There are so many different things they can do for you. There are many many different medications they can prescribe too. There is no reason why you have to live your life feeling like this, there are many things that can help. Call a dermatologist. Your money is better spent there and on prescription medicine rather than over-the-counter stuff.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #6
    1 girl
    (female)

1 girl HB User

I don't mean to push Accutane , but I have been on it for 3 weeks now and my skin has never looked better. I look like a new person with out the huge oil slick on my face anymore. If Acne is disrupting your life that dramatically, I would strongly suggest taking drastic measures to get rid off it. Good Luck

Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #7
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

I had horrible acne and accutane was a life saver! I had been on tons of other antibiotics and etc and accutane was the only thing that worked.. but I just finished my fourth course (the acne was much milder compared to before my first dose) and my skin is clear now. I just have to deal with the scars no!!

Closed Thread