It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #376
    blah-de-blah
    (male)

blah-de-blah HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

How long did it take for you guys to see results? I've been on this for about a month and a week, and I'm not sure if its much better..if anything its just a little. I'm considering going off it. Would a liver cleanse or anything else be useful? I've seen some stuff that say they clear everything - liver colon etc should I try those? I'm worried about the breakout cause I think the breakout from this gave me more scars...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #377
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

blah-de-blah: I think a month is definitely enough for the initial phase of colon cleansing. The prevailing theory now among acne sufferers is that acne is simply caused by toxins (which arises predominantly from our diet but can also come from our environment). Thus, detoxing such as colon cleansing, liver flushes, parasite cleanses, or a healthier diet will rid our body of toxins, and prevent acne.

So, colon cleansing might not be enough for all of us. In fact, some say it's just the first step. I highly suggest you research the benefits of a liver flush, and cleansing the liver via taking liver herbs. A lot of people have been cured by liver flushes. A few of us also might need to cleanse our body of parasites (this is rare, but some also have seen their acne disappear when their parasites were gone), or do some lymph management. Others might need to rid their body of fungi such as candida.

I have done this colon cleansing regimen for 2 weeks or so. It made me 90% clear. However, I soon broke out after cheating on some foods before and during Thanksgiving. In the meantime, I have done 2 liver flushes so far, and am halfway done with a candida regimen (taking Anti-Fungals, and Probiotics). Colon cleansing is just one single part of a comprehensive detoxing program for me.

I definitely would start looking into doing some liver flushes (People recommend at least 8 for chronic acne sufferers). This is perfect for you, since you already did a month of colon cleansing. Colon cleansing is a MUST before you start doing liver flushes. Good luck!

Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #378
    blah-de-blah
    (male)

blah-de-blah HB User

So you did this cleanse for 2 weeks and now you're on the liver cleanse? Can you tell me how you do your liver cleanse? I'm considering doing it but I'm afriad of breakouts.

Oh and also should I keep taking probiotics? Thanks

Old 12-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #379
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@AznHisoka, would just like to thank you for mentioning liver flushing, I tried the colon cleanse for 10 weeks, acne cleared alot, but didn't dissapear, so then I realized that maybe I need to flush my liver, so I searched for a regimem, and I found one I could do everyday which didn't contain Epsom salts, that stuff makes me vomit.

Lemon & Olive oil drink

Flush and Detox Liver and Gallbladder daily, if you are underweight or have gallstones

Lemon & Olive oil drink can be taken daily.

To make this you need one organic/unwaxed lemon one table spoon of Extra virgin olive oil, a glass & a half of clean spring water or filtered if available tap water.

Wash the Lemon, cut out any dark bits, then roughly chop the whole thing including the rind & put in a blender.
    Add the table spoon of Virgin Olive oil & the glass & a half of water - blend this for 60 seconds - strain & serve.

If you wish to gain weight split the drink into three portions & drink with each meal throughout the day.

This drink manages to restore the Ph of your saliva which in turn helps you to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat.
    If drunk all in one go first thing in the morning (an hour before eating) it will flush & detox the Liver & Gallbladder.

So I have been doing this while still taking the Psyllium Husk capsules and drinking a yakult everyday and my skin has nearly cleared up, nothing new on my face and my legs and back are the same, just old ones slowly healing.

I havn't taken on any special diet, but offcourse havn't over indulged on junk food.

Last edited by littledaga; 12-15-2005 at 05:39 PM.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #380
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@blah-de-blah I have been doing this Liver Flush for 1 week, but every 2 days, so I just ease into it, no new breakouts at all, and I normally get small sugar spots around my mouth, but since doing this I havn't had one. I will be doing it everyday next week, and I do it at night, so the time of day you drink it wont matter too much.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #381
    JonnyApplesauce
    (male)

JonnyApplesauce HB User

Is there any way to do a cleanse without unique substances like psyllium husks that I've never heard of let alone own? Like eating fibre rich foods and lemons or something?

Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 PM   #382
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

There are formulas in health stores that are used for colon/bowel cleansing such as Colonix, and others. You can use those if you're confident they work. There are other fiber shakes out there you can make - just do a Google search. However, Psyllium Husk and Activated Charcoal (or Bentonite Clay) have been helpful for us, so it'd be prudent to try those. Any reason you can't use Psyllium Husks?

Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 PM   #383
    KTKat999
    (female)

KTKat999 HB User

Hi everyone

I'm a newcomer to this thread, although i have been following it silently for a while :-) I've bought myself a dr schulze colon cleanse - it's in 2 parts: the first contains aloe, senna, cascara etc; the second (for when things are moving!) contains psyllium, flax, clay, charcoal, slippery elm etc. to clear things out. Does that sound any good?

Another question I have is that i'm very keen to start as soon as possible, but am also aware that as we approach christmas I will probably be drinking quite a lot every now and then! Should I wait until after christmas or will the drinking not affect things too much?

So after the colon bit for about a month I then start a liver cleanse - is that right? I have read through this thread but it can get quite confusing for a newbie!

Any advice would be brilliant!
    Thanks so much
    Katie

Old 12-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #384
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

Katie,
    It's best to research on Google the various cleansing stages and detox programs. There are liver flushes, colon cleanses, parasite cleanses, and candida regimens, as well as the most important: a cleaner diet. I would wait until after Xmas before you try this regimen. No need to rush ^_^

Old 12-16-2005, 05:25 AM   #385
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@KTKat999, I've only heard good things about Dr schulze products, I do remember seeing a good Liver Flush from his line of products aswell. Good Luck. Everyday for me just keeps getting better with my Lemon/Oil Liver Flush, I have never had such clear skin for 15 years, I'm amazed when I look at my legs and back, no more embarresment when I go swimming and maybe I will have the convidence now to find myself a partner. :-)

Thanks To everyone's information in this Thread.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #386
    KTKat999
    (female)

KTKat999 HB User

Thanks for your advice, littledaga and AznHisoka. I guessed I'd probably have to wait until after christmas but just thought I'd ask - I'm so keen to get going! But yes, I'll wait until the new year. So I guess I'll do a colon cleanse for about a month?? and then come back here for advice on the next step. Glad to hear Dr Schulze is good - in fact his colon cleanse states that it is also a parasite cleanse... does that mean I can skip that step?

Thanks again for the advice

Old 12-16-2005, 11:52 AM   #387
    eldergod

eldergod HB User

Hi ErimusValidus

I'm 17 and have Acne, I'm willing to give this a try as I'm quite desprate to get rid of acne. I have already bought Psyllium Husks 500mg, Activated Charcoal 260mg and will get some Yakult from the supermarket tommorow.

Few questions first though if you don't mind...

1, The fasting how many times should I do this weekly daily monthly?

2, Can I eat normal foods aslong as the intake are low carbs?

3, Washing my face with Clean and Clear and using Retin A and Epiermx - Not sure on spelling, will that have any effect or annoy the cleansing system?

4, I'm quite active each day as I work 6 days a week will this be good or bad for the cleansing system?

5, I noticed on one of the products you stated Psyllium Husks 500mg, Activated Charcoal 260mg, shouldn't be taken until atleast 1 hour after or before you have something to eat?

6, I'm willing to commit myself to do this and would be more than welcomed to keep you up to date along with others, I also have my parents supporting the idea too.

Thanks hope to hear from you soon. =)

Last edited by eldergod; 12-16-2005 at 11:54 AM.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #388
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

[QUOTE=eldergod]Hi ErimusValidus
    1, The fasting how many times should I do this weekly daily monthly?
    While I think EV suggested an initial fast, I suggest you don't need to completely fast. Just eliminate the bad foods from your diet. This includes all fast foods, processed foods, dairy (rice milk should be ok), coffee, alcohol, commercial dressing, corn syrup, bread, and limiting rice and cereal.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eldergod
    2, Can I eat normal foods aslong as the intake are low carbs?
    Try and keep your diet natural, hormone-free, and organic if possible. Don't eat out at all.

Quote:
    3, Washing my face with Clean and Clear and using Retin A and Epiermx - Not sure on spelling, will that have any effect or annoy the cleansing system?
    I would stop all topicals if I were you. I'm not a big fan of them. I've had cysts just gradually disapper without even leaving a scar based on my cleansing/detoxing regimens. Haven't put a single topical on my face.

Quote:
    4, I'm quite active each day as I work 6 days a week will this be good or bad for the cleansing system?
    This is GOOD! Sweating helps the detoxing process as it releases toxins from our body. ^_^

Quote:
    5, I noticed on one of the products you stated Psyllium Husks 500mg, Activated Charcoal 260mg, shouldn't be taken until atleast 1 hour after or before you have something to eat?
    At least 1 hour before or after, preferably in an empty stomach. So first thing in da morning or last thing at night is the best time.

Quote:
    6, I'm willing to commit myself to do this and would be more than welcomed to keep you up to date along with others, I also have my parents supporting the idea too.
    Ok, and I also highly suggest you do some other research on the benefits of the detoxing processs, and not solely rely on us.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #389
    veryworriedguy2

veryworriedguy2 HB User

Hello All, Finally finished my perscription and started this cleanse four days ago. Unlike most people i noticed absoloutly no change in my bowel movements, I am 20 years old, have the worst eating habits you can imagine, pretty bad acne and also only have 2-3 bowel movements a week so i thought i would benifit from this.

I noticed absoloutly nothing different since i started this cleanse, i know its only been a few days, but shouldnt taking such a high amount of fiber make a difference on its own? Am i using the correct things?

Psyllium (Plantago ovata)(husk), I found a brand of this which only cost $8.99 for 300 capsules so i got that one, hopefully its the correct product?

Last edited by veryworriedguy2; 12-16-2005 at 08:15 PM.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #390
    eldergod

eldergod HB User

I bought my requirements off e bay I'm not sure if they're the rite ones because the havn't arrived yet, if anyone could confirm the images I'm about to show that would be greatful. =)

[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5603189561&r d=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1[/url]

[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5645736688&r d=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1[/url]

Also what faical cleaneser shall I use whilst in the process of the Digestive System Cleanse?

Last edited by eldergod; 12-18-2005 at 03:38 AM.

Closed Thread