It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• quitting clonazepam

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2005, 01:04 AM   #1
    heyzeus
    (male)

heyzeus HB User
    quitting clonazepam

ive been on clonazepam for about 2 years for social anxiety. i was also on zoloft but was finally able to quit last month. as i felt symptoms return i had to up my dose of cloazepam (still very small, only 1 pill per day, smallest milligram dosage), but now i am going to run out of that. any advice on quitting?
    let me say, that i have no med insurance, and no contact with doctors. the doctor who prescribed my meds realizes that her clinic is suing me for lack of payment, and simply refills my prescriptions by phone when i ask, but there has been very little discussion between us.
    basically i am confused as to whether my symptoms are returning or i am having anxiety symptoms from withdrawl.
    any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
    heyzeus
    (male)

heyzeus HB User
    Re: quitting clonazepam

anyone?

Old 12-21-2005, 02:57 AM   #3
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

are you taking the .25mg clonazepam? how many mg's per day?

Last edited by bulletinboard25; 12-21-2005 at 02:58 AM.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #4
    heyzeus
    (male)

heyzeus HB User

i know they are the lowest dose pills, is that 1 mg? for 1 year i took one pill per day, now i cut them in half.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:37 AM   #5
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

.25mg is the smallest clonazepam pill you can get. can you look at your prescription bottle?

Old 12-23-2005, 07:37 PM   #6
    heyzeus
    (male)

heyzeus HB User

its .25............

Old 12-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heyzeus
    ive been on clonazepam for about 2 years for social anxiety. i was also on zoloft but was finally able to quit last month. as i felt symptoms return i had to up my dose of cloazepam (still very small, only 1 pill per day, smallest milligram dosage), but now i am going to run out of that. any advice on quitting?
    let me say, that i have no med insurance, and no contact with doctors. the doctor who prescribed my meds realizes that her clinic is suing me for lack of payment, and simply refills my prescriptions by phone when i ask, but there has been very little discussion between us.
    basically i am confused as to whether my symptoms are returning or i am having anxiety symptoms from withdrawl.
    any thoughts?
    The symptoms are withdrawal and you must slowly wean off the clonazepam. The free online Ashton Manual has info on the benzodiazepine class of drugs.

Old 12-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
    pleasantville
    (female)

pleasantville HB User

after 2 years of continued use, you are definitely addicted and probably in tolerance of clonazepam. this means that your body and brain are craving more. i have been there and am now tapering off using valium. the only way to stop is to slowly taper. did you know that ,5mgs clonazepam is equal to about 10mgs valium? withdrawal is hell and if you are having symptoms then that is probably why. look up ashton manual on the web and it will explain it all.

p

Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 AM   #9
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

the .5mg of klonopin comparison to 10mg of valium means nothing in this....
    i wouldn't want you to scare him into thinking hes taking tons of medicine since his equals 10mg of something... you can make all benzos equal in dosing and equivelancy charts.

also, i want to state that you ARE NOT addicted to this medicine.

you are more than likely dependant on this medicine.. dependant being the key word here...

its completely different from addiction and i wouldn't want you to get down on yourself.

talk with your doctor about a tapering schedule..

Closed Thread