It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• starting accutane- journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #121
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User
    Re: starting accutane- journal

hey! yeah it really isnt dry still.... i have had a few days where it looks a little dried out, but overall there is just less oil. I wouldnt consider my face dry at all actually, and im on day 72 ( just counted....i thought i was farther along! lol) But it happens...there is a small percentage of ppl on accutane that do not get dry on the course, just less oily. we may part of that percentage.

Day...72....again i thought it was farther along...oh well

pretty good! a couple ones just drying up...very very small ones. nothing active though! if those left over marks werent there i wouldnt have to wear makeup out....but i can handle it for awhile longer. they marks are fading from what i can see, so im pretty happy.

hope alls going well for everyone else! have a good new years

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #122
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey lexla!!! sorry i havent been through here lately...i have been SOOO busy. anyways just incase u forgot we're both about equally into the course, ur like a week ahead or something. I went back through and saw your still on the rollercoaster, and im right with you lol. Everything for me WAS amazing, i mean i was soo happy and i was clearing up (but not competely clear) and then all of the sudden......about 4-5 days ago i broke out bad. i had a bunch of little ones on the forehead again and 3 huge ones on my right side of my jaw almost like cysts and a few on my neck. i have never had them there before but they just wont go away!!! i have popped them a few times becuz i got soo tired of them and they still dont go, anyways feeling depressed again and in a panic of switching my products again n i dunno why i always do that....but i just wanted to say reading your journal has helped me and thank Q for posting it!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #123
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

hey! im so glad you enjoy reading it...i feel really bad im not accurate on my days, but its hard to keep track sometimes dont you just hate the '' rollercoaster''? im the same as you are...great, good, bad, good, bad...etc. its frustrating, but now i am actually a lot better than i was just a week ago...last week i had a few active ones here and there and a big one on my cheek....all gone now. so just hang in there it is tough and frustrating when u get new ones, but it will get better! and try to not switch your products too much...if something works for you try to use that and not go back and forth, it will confuse your skin, i have days where i think the cetaphil isnt doing much, but its really great as i compare other more expensive products even. good luck and hang in there, it will all be good soon enough

Old 12-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #124
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey thanx.....and ya i guess your right about switching the products. i mean if my skin is already goin thru stress then i keep throwing new stuff at it its not gonna help. i think the same thing about cetaphil...im like this stuff isnt working but really it is and its great. im still undecided about the moisturizer...im using cetaphil lotion but its not the kind that says for face and im wondering if its leading to the blocked pores on my forehead. what kind of moisturizer are u using again??

Old 12-28-2005, 08:29 AM   #125
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

hey! yeah i really like the cetaphil pump cleanser, but also dont care for the moisturizer because i thought it was too heavy so i use eucerin....its really nice and light and hasnt clogged my pores, i can wear it all day and its great and non greasy. ive also heard neutrogena is good.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:21 PM   #126
    *pig_tails*
    (female)

*pig_tails* HB User

Hey lexla!

I've started to wear mineral foundation, i've been wearing it almost everday becoz i had to go out alot, and i feel like i've sort of started breaking out..(nothing major) or is dat coz of accutane working? Mmm i was clear until now.. i'm wondering if make up does sort of interfere with the whole accutane course???? what do you reckon? Does your derm say its okay and won't effect it?? My derms like closed for awhile so i can't ask... -.-

Also i finally got my period 2 days ago (which is a really light period -.-).. could dat be a reason too?

Last edited by *pig_tails*; 12-30-2005 at 11:28 PM.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:55 AM   #127
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

hey!

yeah its fine to wear makeup on accutane...as long as its non comedogenic or tested to not affect acne, its good. i would say it is from your period , ive got mine too! and trust me, i was going pretty good and yesterday...bam...i got probably about 5 new ones....and not long after that female friend came along. how annoying. but at least i can blame it on something lol. but yeah, it is completaly fine to wear makeup while on accutane!

day...76

well it was going really well, and then i got about 5 new ones...3 on my upper cheek, one in the middle of my cheek ( ugh ) and one or 2 on my jaw area. but it is '' that time of the month '' so im expecting it is because of that mostly. they are going away already...so i wont freak out i guess lol. still mild to no dryness, less oil , no blackheads and amazing pores!!, but really bad back/joint pain lately. oh well, once i get past this time of the month and get these to go away, it should be pretty good and hopefully on its road to clear skin ....but i dont get my hopes up. lol

hope everyone is doing well, happy new year!!!

Old 01-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #128
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

hey lex, firstly hope you had a great christmas and new year! Mine wasnt too bad.

It sounds like thingsare going good for you skin wise! I mean besides those 5 new ones you are doing really great!

Im at 11 weeks taking Doxycycline now and to be honest im not sure if im getting better or worse! It is possible i know, ive read as much as i can about it on these boards. I will stick it out through to 3 months though, or until my prescription runs out anyway. My next choice will be Accutane just because it seems like the only real long term answer and it seems to be getting good results everywhere! And your experience didnt seem too rough to me. Unless you were a lucky one lol.

Anyway i meant to ask, is your skin nice and smooth where there are no major pimples? My cheeks are very smooth but my forhead is so bumpy and its really weird and annoying! Even though there are no pimples there.
    Soo anyway just wanted to post and say im happy how things are going for you, its so great when someone gets clear skin finally!! Enjoy it!

Old 01-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #129
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey again lexla.....you got a fan base goin haha...im glad everything is lookin good for you and we both look like we are on the road to clear skin 2gether!! finally huh?? i think our lil 2month thing was a little off... like it probably shoulda been 3 months but hey atleast we're there now. sorry i jus had a couple more questions; 1-is the eucerin you use the spf30 stuff or what exactly is it becuz i think im gonna switch over to it and 2- what are you using for a body moisturizer if any at all?? thanx alot and hopefully everything continues to inprove.....wish the best of luck!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #130
    lolitazz
    (male)

lolitazz HB User

Lexa, I'm glad to hear your skin is finally clearing up at a faster pace. I think you have already passed your initial breakouts. I think it took me about the same time to clear (maybe 2 or 3 weeks less at the most)

Old 01-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #131
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

thanks! yeah im glad it finally seems to be calming down and going uphill.... as long as it doesnt go down again im fine lol. my derm said last time that i was responding a little slower than most of his patients, but it should get there....just in time. oh well, as long as there are positives and it takes less time to do makeup, i will try to see the light at the end of the tunnel lol. i have a derm appt. next week so we will see how that goes, and if he ups it to 60 mg.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #132
    1 girl
    (female)

1 girl HB User

Congratulations on clearing up how much longer till the end of your treatment? I was only suppose to be on for 3 months but I got sick and stopped taking accutane for about a week and I started breaking out about 2 days ago back to the oil slick across my face I started back and hopefully it will disappear again quickly. Once my skin looked so good I was appauled when it got nasty again. the upside was ,my lips weren't chapped for about 3 or 4 days.I sit and stare in the mirror now waiting for it to get clear again. I guess I will be on 3 more months. But it's totally woth it even if I have a few stomach and back pains.
    Maybe you being on a lower dosage will result in less side affects!

Old 01-06-2006, 04:11 AM   #133
    *pig_tails*
    (female)

*pig_tails* HB User

hey lexla, and other female accutane users:

when you wear make up, does cetaphil take all the make up off? Because with me, it feels like its just smearing on my face not doing much -.-... give me some advicee.. i've been on accutane for 1 half months now and my face is kinda clear except my forehead which has like 5 active pimples. But my hair covers it, so that okay.. MMMm.. some days i'm fulli clear.. and the next i get active ones.. RRR frustrating!!

Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #134
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

1Badgirl- sorry to hear you got sick and had to stop your treatment....the back pains are normal on accutane usually since it dries you out so the bones are also drier ( i read that somewhere lol ). im not sure exactly how much longer i have...im on about day 82 so that makes me about almost 3 months...so i have about 3 months to go. Im glad i have 3 months left!! Im happier right now so im sure ( knock on wood lol ) that it will be even better in three months. so you are starting up again, thats good....im sure you will like the end results. Also, my derm is actually upping my dose from 40-60, so im hoping that there wont be any side effects ( like another initial breakout...etc) .. he said it shouldnt, but i hope he is right! let us know how yours goes

*pig_tails*- yes cetaphil does take all my makeup off....but i do have one trick to it, i wash my hands 1-2 times ( kind of hard) with the cetaphil before hand until it gets almost foamy looking...then i put some in my hand and do the same until it foams and then wash with it, i like the feel of it and how it works better. Yea the one day clear, one day you have a few new ones is normal i think, i still am like that! You cleared up a lot sooner than i did, because im just gettiing to the point where I have like 2-4 a month untl i get to that ''female time'' and then i get like 4 new ones. so it is normal, it will just take some time. hope all contines to go well

Old 01-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #135
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey lexla jus stoppin by to see how things are goin.......thank you for the replies on the questions!! things are going better for me as of lately but who knows 2morrow lol....for the most part i have cleared up (body and face) except for my jawline but im not sure if thats from shaving or what its weird becuz i have never had them there and they are persisent. i think im going to give the asprin mask a try there and to aslo fade the red marks, have you tried the mask at all? hope things are going well....

Closed Thread