It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Lamictal 100mg & Wellbutrin 150mg for ADHD?????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
    DontWannaBsick
    (female)

DontWannaBsick HB User
    Smile Lamictal 100mg & Wellbutrin 150mg for ADHD?????

Chello all, just wondering if anyone has heard of prescribing these meds for add or adhd????? If any of you do take them, do they cause drowsiness and do either of them help with memory or attention span???? New to all of this so trying to check out my docs. advice. Hope to hear from you soon and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
    index.html
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

index.html HB User
    Re: Lamictal 100mg & Wellbutrin 150mg for ADHD?????

Wellbutrin is an antidepressant which is sometimes used for ADD.

Lamactil is commonly used for bipolar disorder. I haven't heard of it being used for ADHD only. Perhaps to stabilize moods while the Wellbutrin is tried for the ADD?

Old 01-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
    DontWannaBsick
    (female)

DontWannaBsick HB User
    Wink Re: Lamictal 100mg & Wellbutrin 150mg for ADHD?????

Thanks for thr reply. These meds are very new to me, so just trying to find out as much as possible.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
    Bill17724

Bill17724 HB User

Hi

I take 60mgs of addrerral ER a day for add. I take 200mgs of lamictal a day to help with depression and 450mgs a day of wellbutrin for depression.

In answer to your question, I was just recently diagnosed with add and started on the adderrall within the last month. I had been taking the wellbutrin for a couple of years before this and it obviously didn't help with add or I would have never been having the problems that I'm having due to add. I've also been taking the lamictal to help augment the wellbutrin for my depression. The two together have been helping a great deal with my depression, but they were doing nothing for my add.

The lamictal does make me sleepy, but it is countered by the wellbutrin which kind of hypes me up. The adderral really hasn't affected me either way...making me energetic or making me sleepy. I do seem to be a little more "focused" since starting the adderral.

I hope this helps a little bit. If you want more information from me, just post it here and I would be glad to go into it more in depth.

Bill

Old 01-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
    DontWannaBsick
    (female)

DontWannaBsick HB User
    Wink Re: Lamictal 100mg & Wellbutrin 150mg for ADHD?????

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for your reply. Let me ask you a few more questions about your med regime. When do you take your meds? I'm sure you take your adderall in relation to school or work, but I really mean the antidepressants. My doc wants me to take the wellabutrin and the lamictal in the morning. I'm thinking if the lamictal makes you sleepy I'll take it at bedtime, and the wellabutrin at breakfast. Also, the lamictal is a mood satblizer. Do you notice any difference in your moods? Is that one of the reasons (besides depression) that your doc started you on lamictal?????

Do you take yor adderall once a day, only the days you really need it????? The wellabutrin is supposed to help with memory, I hope that is true. I need to focus before I can memorize THANKS AND TALK TO YA SOON.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #6
    lmm23
    (male)

lmm23 HB User
    Smile Re: Lamictal 100mg & Wellbutrin 150mg for ADHD?????

Hi DontwannaBsick,

I have been on Lamictal before, but this was when they were thinking I had bipolar disorder and were giving it to me to prevent bipolar depression relapse. It's difficult to see why they are trying you on Lamotrigine; I can only think it is because they are not sure which box to put you in and are trying to figure you out! The depression thing would make sense with Wellbutrin, as this is an anti-depression. But, yes, it is also used for ADHD now as well...I would say that 100mg of Lamictal (Lamotrigine) is very high. When I took it, I started at 25mg and then raised it to 50mg, which I couldn't tolerate and had to stop taking it. ADHD sufferers seem very sensitive to meds in my experience. My mother took Wellbutrin for a while and it didn't work for her. It made her anxious, because she has other things going on other than just ADHD. But, in all, you just have to try these things, because it isn't an exact science and something which does someone else no good might be the thing that you need!

Good luck
    Leon

Old 01-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #7
    specialbabies
    (female)

specialbabies HB User

Lamictal is also a antiepileptic med, I have epilepsy

Closed Thread