It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• seborrheic dermatitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #16
    Ngfan4lyfe
    (male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User
    Re: seborrheic dermatitis

Okay listen,

Doesn't matter what jojoba but get organic, same with tea tree oil. Tea tree is good for pimples... Get either Johnson & Johnson facial wash, it's soap free, but it may seem like soap. That's one of the best face washes, and it was good for me, since i have the same sensative skin etc.. but if you use it too much, like more than three times a day it can dry you out a tiny bit.. SO, the best facial wash I can say to use is Cetaphil.. I use the normal - oily skin one, but have used the regular one as well. Splah your face with luke warm water.. rub the stuff in your face for 2-3 minutes and rinse with cold cold water.. Apply the jojoba to your nose folds with a q tip... and if you have some pimple areas, apply the tea tree oil to those. You can use tea tree for the nose as well, but use the jojoba mainly. These will not break you out, regardless if they may seem that way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #17
    Mammasita
    (female)

Mammasita HB User

All i can say is that i feel your pain. I'm 16 and i've had sd for years, then it went away. Now it's coming back and you're right it truly is a curse. I do believe it is an internal thing and it's caused by a yeast overgrowth in the body(usually from antibiotics and genetics play a role too). That's why it never goes away. I find that when i used old fashioned techniques, my skin clears up(like drinking 8 glasses of water a day). I used to think that it would make no difference but seriously it really has helped a lot! I know it sounds lame but try to make a change in diet for at least 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference. People say diet has nothing to do with acne, but it does.Why do you think so many doctors says that diet has nothing to do with acne, yet they tell you to eat healthy so that your skin will glow and all that crap. But Water can only do so much. Ive used proactive, retin a micro, differin. I could go on, the only thing i havent tried is accutane. I was supposed to go on it but i changed my mind once i knew the side effects. Anyways i have horrible sd on my scalp. I'm on Nizoral and some other stuff ill have to check the name. I hate having oily skin err......i do wish that there was one product to help with all sd symtems that just cleared it up but no- anyways right now i'm using tea tree oil, it works ok. But i think cetaphil is a good face wash. What works for me is steaming. It helps my skin look less oily and i find that it does clear out my pores. I just boil water and i might add a little lavender oil for relaxation and i put a towel over my head and steam for 10 or 15 min. Then i apply a clay mask and all is new. But if you have any questions just ask me. I'm sorry for the long post.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #18
    Ngfan4lyfe
    (male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

I have to find a way to get rid of mine fully, it's gotten better by doing certain things, but damn. It's depressing, like seriously.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #19
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

I get eczema on my hands and ankles, have a tendency to get an itchy scalp, and I am also very sensitive to acne products on the area between my nose and checks and on my forehead. I have tried all kinds of expensive lotions, but the best one I have found is Vanicream. I use it on my body, face, and as an eye cream. It was recommended by my dermatologist. It is not a prescription, but you can only get it at the pharmacy. I also stay away from products that have SLS in it. It is in A LOT of stuff. My head was almost always itchy until I started buying shampoo with out SLS in it. I also bought a filter for my shower to decrease the amount of chlorine. I also use jojoba oil to take off my make up.
    Right now I just have eczema on my hands. I was just on vacation, and didn't bring along my own soap or shampoo. So, I think that is why. Hope some of my suggestions can help someone.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #20
    Ngfan4lyfe
    (male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

If anyone ever finds anything please be sure to post, I don't have any idea if mine will go away, but I keep praying. I feel dead inside with all these issues, it's just a struggle everyday. I hate life. The Acne may be gone, but the other issues stay around.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #21
    FearfuL
    (female)

FearfuL HB User

Well, I've got this thing on my face.

I don't know what's worse - the redness or flaking? I can't even cover up the redness because the area of skin is so scaly that it's too obvious. I tried rubbbing some dandruff shampoo on the area to see if that works and it did for about 3 hours. I only did it for one day though and even for dandruff, I think they say to use for every day of the week and then switch to 2-3 times a week.

I know putting product on it isn't good yet when I do absolutely nothing to it and just let it be, the flakes build up (covers up the redness though). When I pick the flakes off and apply a moisturizer, it feels soft, but the redness remains. I'm down about it too, guys. Don't give up to those who are getting depressed over this.

I'm def. gonna try the healthy diet thing cuz I also believe that is a factor. Keep me updated.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #22
    pimgenet

pimgenet HB User

I wanted to reply to this as I used to suffer from SD, as well as acne, and know how horrible it is. I had it on my face too, and still remember how terrible I felt when the doctor told me there was no cure for it.

The doctor prescribed me a cream (can't remember the name) which was a combined anti-fungal and corticosteriod. The anti-fungal works because SD is a yeast overgrowth on the skin; the steriod reduced the redness and inflammation. I wasn't happy about using steriods on my skin, but it cleared the SD up within a few days. It always came back again though, and I started to worry about using a steriod cream on my skin so regularly.

IMO my SD was mainly the result of a compromised immune system. I eventually changed my diet. I've been on wholefoods diet for almost two years and it is a way of life for me now. I have plenty of EFAs including flax oil, and a zinc supplement. Within a couple of months the SD stopped coming back. My acne has also gone.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #23
    Clark2000
    (male)

Clark2000 HB User

ngfan4lyfe, u sound so much like me its incredible that is exactly how i feel to the dot. i have stopped putting any type of anything on my face at all and my SD flares up, i refuse to treat the SD with any type of cream because it leaves me looking like im sweating out of control it is so oily, so i ask can anyone recomend a specific pill they are on that helps, ive already changed my diet starting yesterday which i refuse to break, thanks for the help, so many people on this post sound just like me i didnt know these people were out there, it shines some light into my misery

Old 04-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #24
    Clark2000
    (male)

Clark2000 HB User

bump...............................

Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #25
    rouge
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rouge HB User

I just read a few promising things online about using apple cider vinegar for SD on your scalp. I have it bad on my head and in my ears. I am just waiting for it to spread to my face!! Anyway, I went out and bought the apple cider vinegar but have not tried it yet. I am planning on it, but have a 2 year old and I really have to plan these things.

You are supposed to dump it all over your head or what ever and leave it on for 15 or so minutes and then rinse. I am sure it stinks but not sure how badly. I guess the vinegar works like an anti - fungal and an exfoliant.?? I was thinking about using an empty bottle of the scalpisin to fill with the vinegar and squirt on. That way I can target the scalp and not the hair.

Isn't SD and oily skin problem? I would be leary about putting any oily or greasy substance on it.

Closed Thread