It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Herx? UTI? VB or yeast?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
    fotomom
    Veteran
    (female)

fotomom HB User
    Its a HERX!!!!

Edited:
    I just got back from the Drs.... no UTI, mild yeast infection, but all my bladder symtpions and everything must of been a Herx!!!! Wow!!! Today I feel better, still achy, but not as bad as yesterday!
    leanne

I am so confused!

here is my problem and it didn't dawn on me until today maybe I am herxing!!!!

I had a UTI from the cathedar I had from my heart surgery about a month ago. I did 2 weeks of augmentin (I started on levaquin, then cipro, which I was allergic to then the culture showed to use augmentin), so now 3 weeks later I had 3 different ABX for a bladder infection (and also I am on Doxy 400mg a day for lyme) then my bladder infection came back.

I know it came back cause I had a positive nitrate urin test strips here and it shows I have nitrate..... I called my uro gyno wednesday and got an appointment to go in on Friday, in the mean time they give me levaquin... I told them about my cutlure and they said take levaquin.... I go to my appointment on friday (after 3 doses of levaquin) only to have it cancelled. I instsied that I woud not leave until they at least took a culture so I would know on Tuesday what I am dealing with.

I was able to go to the hospital to do the culture.... meanwhile its now been the weekend..... I took my last dose of levaquin (4 days total) and on Saturday I started to feel like I was having a vaginal yeast infection. So I took a diflucan. It didn't seem to go away so I used a 1 day cream treatment. The itchyness went away but the ureathra pain was still there. So now its sunday.... no more ABX for the UTI, I still show a + nitrate on the dip stick.... I have frequency but also the added ureathra pain.... I started to think, hey maybe I have the vaginal bacterial infection.... I find that I have some metrogel from the last time I had this about a year ago and self treat my self.

So now its monday.... same symptions, still nitrate in my urine.... so I have some augmentin 1000XR tablets so I am now taking that as its the same ABX for my last + culture from my orginal infection said to take it....

BUT could i be hrexing from all these added abx? Doxy, with levaquin..... then augmentin?

My symptions are:
    Back pain, lower back and middle back (flank pain maybe from uti?)
    Achy body
    low grade fever 100
    bladder pain/ frequency
    ureathra pain
    chills

Thank goodness its almost tuesday and my Drs will be in tomorrow.... I don't dare go to the ER over this as they won't do anything other than what I am already doing. Sucky thing is my appointment isn;t until Wednesday at 8am... but you better believe they are going to see me tomorrow!

Argh! Happy new years to me!

Last edited by fotomom; 01-03-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 04:37 AM   #2
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User
    Re: Herx? UTI? VB or yeast?

I have had all those symptoms when herxing and/or not herxing.

I would have them test your kidneys and make sure you are not dealing with a kidney infection. I don't mean to scare you but I think at this point it is important.

With all those abx's though you could very well be herxing.

Take care and keep us posted.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
    fotomom
    Veteran
    (female)

fotomom HB User

Thanks.... its been the worst longest weekend I have ever had.... I just got off the phone with my uro/gyno and I have an appointment today at 1030am. Thank goodness! Another 24 hours of this and I would have died!!!!!

Old 01-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Leanne:

I am so glad you posted this thread. I've been wondering about UTI's myself.

I am also on 400mg Doxy per day and three times since I've been on Doxy, I've either had a UTI or at least the symptoms of one.

It never occured to me that it could be part of a Herx. My Herx's on the Doxy have no pattern at all so I can never tell if I'm Herx'ing or just feeling lousy.

I hope we find relief soon.

Closed Thread