It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Rhinoplasty gone bad who can help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2005, 04:17 PM   #16
    sanam
    (female)

sanam HB User
    Re: Rhinoplasty gone bad who can help?

Hi! I had a bad rhinplasty with dr. georgr h. brennan and needed a secondary rhinoplasty. I noticed that you saw both nassif and daniels. What made you decide to go with nassif over daniels and how did you hear about either of those doctors? Have you heard of Jay Calvert or ANdrew Frankel?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 07:21 AM   #17
    gsalaz01
    (female)

gsalaz01 HB User

I have had 4 surgeries to correct a broken nose and my nose looks worse than before. I have collapsed cartilage, bumps on my nose left over from a bad nose job, pinched tip and am having problems breathing.

I'm trying to decide if Dr. Toriumi is the best but I simply don't know. Has anyone had a good result with any rev. docs. Please help. I also hear Dr. Davis' before and afters of revision rhinoplasty are impressive. Can anyone give me a hint as to where to find these pictures. I have tried searching with no luck. Thanks

Old 11-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #18
    genna
    (female)

genna HB User

I've had my nose done six times now due to various reasons. I was really REALLY happy after my second rhinoplasty though got it banged afterwards pretty hards and some excess bone grew back. I then went to a Dr Ellenbogen in Los Angeles and he completely and utterly changed my nose from curvy and cute to straight and knobbly! I was so upset I literally fainted when I saw it... please BEWARE anyone who considers him, don't bother. He's did an awful job of my nose and doesn't listen to what it is you want atall.

Anyway, I then had to have it revised though couldn't afford to go abroad again so had it done by someone here in the UK, who didn't do a very good job. Anyway the last surgeon I went to was Dr Toby Mayer, although he hasn't completely botched it up, its not the way I wanted it, I just want it back the way it used to be. Though he's put a graft of ear cartilage to the underneath of my tip... which I desperately want removing so my nose goes up more like it used to.

I've looked at so many web sites on revision rhinoplasty... and I know you CAN'T just trust the sites themselves... because at the end of the day its all about selling themselves! And if you look at Ellenbogens website you'll see why i was duped into thinking he was the best revision surgeon for me!

I want a surgeon who will listen to what 'I' want, and someone who's extremely skilled because as I say I've had my nose done six times now, so its going to be alot harder!

I want a sugeon who's very good at revision surgery, though also who is experienced in respect to being able to create 'cute' noses, as opposed to just adding cartilage and making curved noses into straight ones... like so many photos I see on web sites.

I hope someone can help me.

Its so frustrating and I'm in so much debt now because f having to have my nose redone due to bad surgeries and surgeons who are either just not skilled enough or who haven't listened to me!

Genna

Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #19
    Kathleenie
    (female)

Kathleenie HB User

Dr. Steven Dayan. (IL)

Old 11-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #20
    AllysHeart
    (female)

AllysHeart HB User

Dr. Howard Tobin, Abilene, Texas, is a cosmetic surgeon for 30 years. He is certified on 3 boards. I am delighted with the blepharoplasty he performed on my eyes last week. Please inquire of him if he might be able to help you.

Old 11-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #21
    sanam
    (female)

sanam HB User

Hi I had a revision rhinoplasty with dr. andrew frankel and had a wonderful result

Old 12-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #22
    PitBull1993
    (female)

PitBull1993 HB User

I just had Rhino reconstruction by Dr Robert Freund in NY and he did a fantastic job.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #23
    Tina2

Tina2 HB User

Hi I have seen Dr. Dennenberg's work. Click onto his website and check out the tutorials. I would not trust anyone else.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #24
    swissbliss
    (male)

swissbliss HB User

i just had my primary rhino done 2 days ago by dr denenberg in omaha on jan 5, 2006. i did TONS of research and i'm VERY happy i went with him. he told me during the consultation that about 3/4 of the surgeries he does are rhinoplasties, and about 70% of those are revisions. he said rhinoplasty is by far the hardest facial surgery to perform, but that he loves the challenge. he told me he has done over 1,500 rhinoplasties. he is a self-proclaimed perfectionist, which is exactly what you would want in a surgeon. he said he usually only does one surgery per day because of how long it takes. he took 3 and a half hours to do mine (from the time i was out to when i woke up) and said that he has taken as long as 6 hours for one nose. he's definitely not the cheapest surgeon out there, but i truly believe you get what you pay for. i can already see a huge improvement in my nose. i have 5 more days until i get the splint removed.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:04 AM   #25
    mk9
    (male)

mk9 HB User

buckeyestate... if you can, go with Nassif here in LA, he's a perfectionist. He did an amazing job on my difficult nose. I posted a comment about it in "Any unsatisfactory experiences w/ Dr. Nassif?" thread.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #26
    Stacycat

Stacycat HB User

buckeyestate- I'm so sorry to hear your horror story. That's one of the main fears of surgery I have- exactly what you described.

I need a revision rhinoplasty and met with Dr. Pearlman in NYC today. I liked him. He did take digital photos and then did computer imaging and I kind of liked the results. He was clear that with a revision, he can't know exactly how it's going to look until he gets in there and sees how much scar tissue is there and what the last dr. actually did. He was very knowledgable and he was ON TIME!!

He said I'll need 7 grafts in my nose, different types of grafts. And to strengthen the tip. He said it would be a 3 1/2 hour surgery.

I have a consultation with Dr. Guida next week.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for revision rhinoplasty surgeons in Manhattan?

Old 01-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #27
    kiki01
    (female)

kiki01 HB User
    Re: Rhinoplasty gone bad who can help/Straycat

Hi Straycat...you had the consult with Pearlman right? what were his fees? was there any rib grafting involved?
    thanks,
    Kiki

Closed Thread