It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Constant Chest Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
    jenl2881
    (female)

jenl2881 HB User
    Unhappy Constant Chest Pain

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem, or might know what it is. For a while know I've been getting constant chest pains between my breasts, right under the breast bone. I take Acid Reflux medicine but that doesn't relieve the chest pain, just the upper stomach pain (the doctor though I might have an ulcer as a result of taking too much ibuprofen last summer).

I'm worried because sometimes the pain moves over to the right side of my chest, and sometimes to the left. I don't think it's gas because I have it constantly. Sometimes my throat will also swell, along with my tonsils. I often have trouble swallowing at these times. Sometimes it's only the lower esophogus that is swollen, and i dont' know until I eat something.

I currently take Birth Control (low ogestrel), eqaute vision formula (vitamins), vitamin C (500mg), a multi-vitamin, and Nexium (Acid Reflux). The BC and Nexium were all I took until just recently. The pain has been there for about 6 months. Sometimes it becomes only a dull feeling, but evently goes into a stinging pain.

My chiropractor thought maybe it was spinal, and worked on the area between my shoulder blades. The pain was eased a bit, but still hasn't gone away. (I'm also very big busted, if that's of any use) The pain is a bit worse after I eat, but not always.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
    tinkerbell4dg
    (female)

tinkerbell4dg HB User
    Re: Constant Chest Pain

Hello,
    I hope i can help..i was getting some of the same things happing to me..i would get chest pain and my throat would feel like i had something stuck in it. i would also get pain under my ribs and stomach pains..i went and had a upper GI done and was told i had a Hiatus Hernia..I am steal waiting for my doc to call me back to see what to do..The military docs take forever to get back to ya..but anyways i hope i was able to help a little.
    Steph

Old 01-13-2006, 02:32 AM   #3
    Fleebin
    (male)

Fleebin HB User

It could be GERD.

I was diagnosed with it and had the same sympotms. The first 2 drugs did not work. Now I use Aciphex.

If you have GERD, here is what you want to avoid:
    Alchohol
    Caffine (chocolate, coffee, etc)
    Spicy Foods
    Over Eating
    Onoins
    Tomatoes
    Fried Foods
    Fatty Foods
    Dehydration
    Mints
    Citrus (also apples)
    Nicotine (non smoker)
    Eating 4 hours before bed
    Lying flat
    Ketchup, mustard

May be a good idea to ask your doctor for an upper GI. If you try this and it helps, you most likely have GERD.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

hi, i also get chest pains daily! really bad ones and also strenum pain and pressur ein myc hest I have been to the Er countless times thinking that i had heart problems and it was all acid reflux, i get teh pains alot after i eat, try not to eat at least 3 hrs before goig to bed that helps the pain, but i know i get the back pain between my should blades, not fun at all, its all reflux in my case.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #5
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

By the way i also have that lup in teh throatfeeling what helps me is to keep my mouth moist i drink alot of water and also aloe vera juice is great and honey, between taking nexium for 3 weeks and this, it has helped alot, also try hot tea, I think that when your mouth is dry the feeling gets worst

Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
    jenl2881
    (female)

jenl2881 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Constant Chest Pain

I take nexium currently, and I still get indigestion as well as the chest pain! i had to eat two tums last night to stop the burning feeling, but it didn't take away the chest pain.

Closed Thread