It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• FSH and Estriodol levels

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User
    anyone know about FSH and Estriodol levels?

Hi Girls-
    I am wondering what these levels mean? My doctor's office just called and told me that my FSH=8.61 and my Estriodol=45. I have no idea what this means. They said they both were good but I just thought that I'd see what you all knew about these levels.
    I am 27 and have been ttc for 1 1/2 years. We are done with clomid and will be doing Follistim injections starting on Thursday night.
    Any info you can share would be great!
    cmarie

Last edited by cmarie313; 01-17-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User
    Re: FSH and Estriodol levels

Anyone out there???

Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
    Jayme82
    (female)

Jayme82 HB User

I cannot say that I understand what the levels mean as my doctor never actually tells me what my levels are, just that they are fine. So I guess I cannot help you there. I can say that I have had 5 IUI's and just did the 5th today with clomid, follistim and the HCG trigger shot. I had 2 mature follicles and 3 others that were borderline and DH's counts were all great. Is this your first cycle with treatments? Are you doing IUI? I would love to hear more about your situation. Good luck and Baby Dust!!

Jayme

Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
    withinreach
    (female)

withinreach HB User

Cmarie313, I just had my day 3's done and the nurse called me yesterday with the results. I know the FSH levels are an indication on the egg quantitiy and quality. The higher the less you are said to have. Mine was a 6 and I am 33 yrs old. My E2 levels I am not so sure what they mean. The nurse said my numbers were excellent and they like to have the FSH levels under 10. Hope that helps. Good luck

Old 01-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

Thank you ladies for the responses! I always like to see what everyone is at to kind of put things into perspective (even though I know everyone is different).

Jayme- I have ttc for 1 1/2. We did clomid for 6 months (too long!), the last two months on clomid we did IUI. I ended up getting pregnant on the 2nd month of clomid, but I had a miscarriage in July I have been unable to conceive since.
    We started injections at home of Follistim on this past Thursday night. I just went to the doctor for bloodtest and ultrasound and everything moved so much faster than they anticipated, we will be giving the hcg trigger shot tonight and the IUI will be on Thurs. morning (26th). I only had to do the follistim for 5 days! They told me it would be more like 10-12 days. So I am thankful for that I am so nervous for my husband to give me the hcg, it hurts when a nurse does it, I can't image him doing it! He has done very well with the stomach ones, so hopefully he will be fine with this one as well.
    How long have you been doing treatments? I'd love to hear your story as well.
    Good luck to you!
    cmarie

Closed Thread