It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Using vitamins and minerals to reverse dysplasia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
    serenity26
    (female)

serenity26 HB User
    Re: Using vitamins and minerals to reverse dysplasia

Be careful with vitamins and minerals--they can be dangerous too! I can't remember which ones, but some leech calcium from women's bones (in high doses...it was either vit. a or the b groups. I'll look it up and repost.

As always, to all awaiting pap results, try to relax and best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #17
    88Shadow
    (female)

88Shadow HB User

Duckeeduck - Thanks so much for your very, very kind post. This is very difficult and I've got a feeling it's just going to get worse!

Serenity - I agree, using vitamins and minerals on your own without doing a TON of research is not a good idea. That's why I strongly recommended in earlier posts to find a doctor who could and would guide you in this if you're interested. Too much Folic Acid leads to B12 deficiency and too much Vit. A can be toxic. I felt completely confident following my docs regimen because she was watching over me and had used it with great success in the past.

Now I just hope it works for me this second time around! Still waiting the results.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #18
    duckeeduck
    (female)

duckeeduck HB User

Hi all,

Just some links I found:

[url]http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/supplements/NU00198[/url]

(Serenity, I think it's vitamin A you were thinking of that can cause issues with bone density - it's mentioned briefly at the bottom)

[URL=http://www.REMOVED[/URL]

(Really important for all of us! There are other good links to more stress relief there too. )

Shadow, it's great you have such an assertive doctor. If there's anything abnormal on your results, just do the regimen again and try to incorporate some stress relief techniques - I know you've got a lot on your plate right now.

It's crazy, huh? How one of the best things we can do for ourselves is to "not worry" and "relax" but that's like the most difficult thing to do in these situations!!!

Well hopefully we can be a support to each other. We're in this together, right?

P.S. Sorry, I don't know if these links are working - they're not showing up as links after I post on my browser ... lemme know if you have any problems with them!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-17-2006 at 02:43 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules: "How to share information"

Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #19
    88Shadow
    (female)

88Shadow HB User

Good news! Just got my pap results and either the vitamin and mineral regimen worked or my body did it on it's own but the results were NORMAL! Now I've been going back and forth for a while from normal to abnormal but my doc says I can go for a six month pap next time and if we're back to abnormal, we'll just do the regimen again. It's a pain but I'd rather take vitamins and folic acid than do something more invasive if I have the choice. I hope my experience can help some of you trying to battle this. ESPECIALLY if you have had reccurant abnormal paps - please ask your doctor about giving this regimen a try!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #20
    duckeeduck
    (female)

duckeeduck HB User

Shadow, that's great news! Does your doctor have any thoughts on what you should do in between paps to maybe help with the chances of recurrence of abnormal results? Like for example - Dr. Weil suggests taking 2mg of Folic Acid daily all the time if you have a history. Congratulations on the great news though!

Old 01-26-2006, 07:28 AM   #21
    88Shadow
    (female)

88Shadow HB User

Thanks Duckeeduck! My doc recommended I keep taking the Life Extension Mix that I'm using which has a lot of good stuff in it. I checked and it has 800 mcg of Folic Acid which isn't as high as the 2 mg but hopefully it'll help. I was on 10 mgs a day for three months while on the regimen my doctor gave me but that was prescription. I also will continue taking Indole-3-Carbinol which you can get at some pharmacies under the name of Cerviplex or through the Life Extension Foundation on the web. This has vegetable/fruit extracts which protect the genomic structure of DNA and has been shown to help with cervical health. The same can be said of eating lots of fresh veggies especially brocolli which I do as well.

My sister passed away Monday morning which was very sad but was a blessing as well since she's no longer in pain. I'm hoping as the months go by that my stress levels will go down and that should help with this whole battle against dysplasia as well.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #22
    duckeeduck
    (female)

duckeeduck HB User

Shadow,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know this thread started with cervical dysplasia, but please let me/us know how you are doing and if you need support, someone to talk to, etc.. Yes, the light in the whole situation is that your sister is at peace now and free of all the pain she endured. I don't really know how these boards work, but if there's a way to send a personal message, please feel free to send me one with your email address or IM screenname and we can chat more - I would really like to help be a support if you need it.

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

If you haven't checked out the Dr. Weil books, you may want to do it! It sounds like what your doctor practices - Integrative Medicine - which I think is wonderful and very exciting! I have just started looking for doctors in my area (San Francisco) that practice Integrative Medicine, so I'll see what happens. REMOVED Very interesting and informative stuff! =)

Well, hope to hear from you again soon with good news of course. In the meantime, we just have to take it one step at a time. There's a cute bracelet I saw in the Signals catalog ([url]www.REMOVED.com[/url]) that's just a simple leather band with a silver bar that has engraved on it, "Nothing is worth more than this day". And it's very simple, but very true. One day at a time!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-26-2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: do not undo moderator editing of your message

Closed Thread