It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Please help I feel brain dead!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
    havinaroughtime
    (male)

havinaroughtime HB User
    Unhappy Please help I feel brain dead!

Alright I have had anxiety since I was probably 21 years old. I remeber sitting down on my couch and lighting up a joint. About 30 minutes later a cop pulled into my neighbors parking lot with his lights on and I lost it. My first panic attack I guess. I couldn't sleep I freaked out. then it happened again and again but I quit smoking a long time ago. Anxiety has never gone away. I hate it I used to always have fun not a care in the world now I can barely live life. I wake up in fear constantly. But this is my deal. I have heart palpations and loss of reality. I am on Lexapro but from the sounds of things I need to change that. But my big need for help is when I wake up I feel brain dead. I am at work and feel brain dead. The only time I feel like my brain is working is when I am drinking. Please someone help me Anxiety is ruining my life does anyone else feel like there brain isn't working....And feel shocks through there head. Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!PLEASE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
    anxietysucks
    (female)

anxietysucks HB User
    Re: Please help I feel brain dead!

So then basically, your 1st anxiety attack was self induced due to the weed? How old are you now? Did you replace it with liquor or any other recreational drugs? Do you drink only to try to diminish the anxiety? Do you drink every day? Does your doc. know about the prior weed and current alchohol use? Are you seeing a Pdoc or GP?

Old 01-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
    havinaroughtime
    (male)

havinaroughtime HB User

I don't know that it was induced by the weed. I havent smoked weed in like 4 years but I do drink alcohol a lot. I don't know if that triggers it worse or what but its the only time I don't have anxiety so its almost like I need it. My main concern is the inablilty to concentrate especially driving or while just doing everyday things. Its rough...I am 25 now! Any advice please!!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
    havinaroughtime
    (male)

havinaroughtime HB User

Oh and my doctor well I just moved to texas so I haven't got a new doctor yet but he did know about my drinking. I do drink to get rid of the anxiety. If I do'nt drink for a while my anxiety doesn't go away though! Help someone!!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

How long have tried not drinking since all this? I was a wild child as a teen and even just drinking every weekend had my mind a mess.I couldnt focus well or think in school I was very very forgetful.I believe in the saying you are what you eat (including drink of course) What we comsume can have major effects on us either good or bad.Also exersice can help our minds a great deal.If you are drinking to self medicate that is a problem I agree you should tell your doctor what is going on so he/she can help you with this and like you said the Lexapro isnt working well you may need a higher dose or a different med.Dont worry about telling your doctor about the drinking alot of anxiety sufferers have self medicated with alcohol.I did it myself for that and a bit of depression so get help for that and once you do and get the right medication for you and or counseling for the anxiety you will feel so much better! oh and if you are not eating right and exercising try it out

it will all work out dont worry!

Closed Thread