It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Round 3 of Accutane

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #16
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Re: DING DING DING! Round 3 of Accutane - (Journal + Analysis)

***DAY 9***

Well yesterday I got a pretty decent sized breakout. I had like 4 medium white heads pop up on my face and my whole face was semi oily/inflamed. It wasn't horrible or anything but certainly enough to want me to hide away from society.

Anyways, It's amazing how quickly accutane makes the cycle of a pimple go. My face looks much better and 3-4 of the pimples are already like brown and sort of scabbed up in one day and the big one is fading remarkably fast. Also my face doesn't feel oily it feels much better. Going good so far!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey since you are a little more experienced with accutane i was wondering what your regimen is looking like?? jus curious...

Old 01-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #18
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kdogg
    hey since you are a little more experienced with accutane i was wondering what your regimen is looking like?? jus curious...
    i don't think i understand the question. If you are asking about my diet I do not eat any sugars but I eat very little fruit. I eat really fatty crap and all that all the time.

I am not very physically active either but I just got a excercise trainer so I'm trying harder.

I do drink about once a week and when I do drink I drink VERYYYYYYYY heavily. I can't believe my blood tests in the past have came back fine. In the past I was even drinking like 4 times a week heavily when I was 18. Now I'm down to about 1 good hard drinking night a week on the weekend if I feel my face is presentable enough.

If your asking about like my daily routine and what I do while im on accutane besides take the pill. Basically I change my pillow case everynight, I wash my face once a day in the shower with Jergens Face Wash.. It's just like cetaphil but I find it much more effective. Other then that nothing really, there's not much you can do on accutane.

I might also be completely off the course on this question let me know lol

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-27-2006 at 02:05 PM.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #19
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 10***

I'm pretty frustrated today. My face is not looking very good. It's definently breaking out. I got two red marks on my face that look like new pimples are comming and 3 little white heads. Also it's just really red and ugly all around. I really wanted to go out this weekend but I don't think I want to. My face just looks too bad. I'm suppose to have a HUGE reunion night tomorrow at this one bar with all my friends from highschool but there is a girl also going that likes me and I can't go unless I look tip top. Many of you can probably relate to a situation like that in your acne history im sure lol.

However acne can be crazy from day to day, so I did shave today with a BLADE! Thats a big thing for me usually i use an electric razor. I love the look of my face so much more when i take a blade to it but i mean for me it's not like I can just shave then leave it and everything is okay. I gotta shave it VERY carefully, shower, then put 100% fruit of the looms aloe vera on it.. leave that on for at LEAST 3-4 hours then shower again to get that off then I'm safe lol. It's VERY annoying which is why I haven't done it for about 6 weeks and stuck to the electric. Also I don't really break out where I grow facial hair but I don't want razor burn and stuff so i gotta use the aloe.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #20
    1 girl
    (female)

1 girl HB User

Simply Amazing.
    I think it is amazing you have taken so much accutane with out any harsh side affects. I feel like my body is being destroyed slowly on the nside. My stomach and shest burn more often than not, I have pain and burning n my left side. My lips look like they have been severly burned all the time . I can hardly keep enough chapstick on. All this and I am still taing accutane simply for vanity's sake. I really struggle to decide to stop or finish. I am so close but so far away from finishing. I guess I probably have permanant damege by now anyway I would hate to have suffered only to go back to cystic acne again. But I am so happy for you that your body has reacted so well. maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #21
    indy_gal
    (female)

indy_gal HB User

1BadGirl, what good is having clear skin if your body is destoyed because of it? Your side effects sound worrysome, and if I were you I would stop right away.

Accutane is a very serious drug, one that I regret taking. I know that nobdy can be told what to do and that we all have to live with our decisions, but I wish that I had never taken it, and I feel that the only thing I can do is tell others the same thing.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #22
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy_gal
    1BadGirl, what good is having clear skin if your body is destoyed because of it? Your side effects sound worrysome, and if I were you I would stop right away.

Accutane is a very serious drug, one that I regret taking. I know that nobdy can be told what to do and that we all have to live with our decisions, but I wish that I had never taken it, and I feel that the only thing I can do is tell others the same thing.
    What happened badgirl? Why do you regret taking it?

Old 01-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #23
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1badgirl
    Simply Amazing.
    I think it is amazing you have taken so much accutane with out any harsh side affects. I feel like my body is being destroyed slowly on the nside. My stomach and shest burn more often than not, I have pain and burning n my left side. My lips look like they have been severly burned all the time . I can hardly keep enough chapstick on. All this and I am still taing accutane simply for vanity's sake. I really struggle to decide to stop or finish. I am so close but so far away from finishing. I guess I probably have permanant damege by now anyway I would hate to have suffered only to go back to cystic acne again. But I am so happy for you that your body has reacted so well. maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.
    Well I mean I got problems with my body everyone does. i got serious heartburn and lately I've been getting back spasms for no reason. However, this was all way before accutane. I think people that are paranoid about the side effects of accutane think that there body is suppose to be perfect, and anytime something goes wrong, any pain, depression, headache, whatever, they blame it all on accutane. I don't think thats right i can't see a little pill like that which is basically only vitamin A be so crazy and do so much damage, it just doesn't make sense to me... I think the more likely thing is that the person is simply human, and as humans we are gonna have pains/aches/mental problems in our life and there is no way around it lol.

Thats my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-28-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #24
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 11***

Well today is bar far the worst day. I counted 12 PIMPLES on my FACE!! 10 of them to the left and right of my chin. God it's so depressing I was really hoping I could go out tonight but my face isn't even CLOSE. I feel so helpless and I just pray to god this isn't like the second course i took of accutane last time. I pray this is just the initial breakout and that it will pass. Please god.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #25
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 12***

I can't even remember the last time my face has been this bad. It's so bad I don't even like talking to my parents. It probably hasn't been this bad in well over a year.... Again I just hope it's the initial breakout, and I mean I knew I was gonna break out but this is absolutely ridiculous..... A few HUGE whiteheads and many other smaller pimples.. I can't even ***** smile without a pimple popping near my chin, not that it matters because the last thing in the world I feel like doing is smiling.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #26
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

First off yes i meant by regimen, as what u wash with and how much and all that soo you covered it....im sorry things are not going well but as we both know accutane in the beggining SUCKS!!! however stick with it as you know and after the 1st couple weeks it should get better...(hopefully) i was exactly like you, i got so many along my chin and neck, i was soo ****** i never wanted to see my g/f or anything. Do you think the razor had anything to do with this??? i felt mine did and never shaved with a razor since while on accutane. i think the razor causes iritation for me but maybe thats just me....good luck and STICK WITH IT!!

Old 01-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #27
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kdogg
    First off yes i meant by regimen, as what u wash with and how much and all that soo you covered it....im sorry things are not going well but as we both know accutane in the beggining SUCKS!!! however stick with it as you know and after the 1st couple weeks it should get better...(hopefully) i was exactly like you, i got so many along my chin and neck, i was soo ****** i never wanted to see my g/f or anything. Do you think the razor had anything to do with this??? i felt mine did and never shaved with a razor since while on accutane. i think the razor causes iritation for me but maybe thats just me....good luck and STICK WITH IT!!
    I actually don't get many pimples at all where I shave anymore. Shaving with a blade use to be a acne breakout death trap for me. However a while ago I discovered Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel. Man you throw this stuff on your face after you shave and leave it on for about 5 hours or so and your skin is just perfect. No breakouts at all. I HIGHLY recommend you give it a try. It has to be FRUIT OF THE EARTH Aloe vera gel. I made a thread about it a long time ago I'll see if i can dig it up for ya.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #28
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 13***

Well my face is still terrible. Definently better then yesterday but still really bad. Hopefully this is the peak of the storm.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #29
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

kdogg - I bumped a very old thread "The Wonders of Aloe Vera" that I made a while ago. I don't really agree with what i was doing at the time. I was putting it on everynight and what not when i was on my second cycle of accutane.. However, I think you'll notice that if you want to shave with a blade once in a while that if you use Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe very it will be very effective.

God I am now even remembering more of what i did in my second course of accutane. I use to like load vitamin E on my face, put aloe on eveyrnight, use masks, creams!! God if i only just left my face alone and let the accutane do its work !! What a stupid thing to do, oh well ya live you learn.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #30
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

haha ya we do live and we learn im one too....thanx for bumpin it ima check it out, i jus used to be affraid of a blade cuz accutane makes everything so dry and then the hair too and ingrown hairs were a ***** but thank where do you get that stuff??

Closed Thread