It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board

• Fibro and Fatigue Center (To UkiahValleyMom)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #16
    ukiahvalleymom
    (female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
    Re: Fibro and Fatigue Center (To UkiahValleyMom)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GBonnough
    Ukiahvalleymom

Glad to hear your doing better for the most part. I have had periods over the last few years where I have gotten somewhat better as well, but in September 2001, I made the mistake of trying to go back to work at home doing transcription and it was just to much and has really set me back a lot, then I had to have a hysterectomy the end of June. I have been suffering with chronic sore throats, dizziness, severe brain fog, and muscle and joint pain along with a short bout of hyperthyroidism that was definitely not fun. I have stopped the work and am trying to regain some ground, because I certainly lost a lot in the last year. The dizziness and off-balance feelings are there to some extent everyday, but have struggled with sinus issues and such for years. I do have some hearing loss on the left side and they thought I had Meniere's when I first got sick. How well are you functioning with working? I had to quit in 1996, and then I started back in the September 2001 mentioned above, but as you can see, it didn't work out for me.

Ginny
    Ginny,
    Hi, have you taken any thyroid meds, or been tested for underlying cellular level blood infections like (Candida Albicans, Mycoplasma Pneumonia, CMV, HHV6, EBV, or others). These, I tested positive for, while being treated for them, I feel so much better. My doctor swears there are other underlying causes to the symptoms, once treated, we get our life back.

Boy, I sure hope that I will be able to work. I feel like I can today! I've been very busy with setting up the franchise. But, fear does hang inthe back of my mind. Recently, my twin sister was dx'd with Chronic Fatigue, and one of my daughter's happenes to be really struggling with fatigue, and other issues...reminds me of the beginning of my own journey. I hope not, she's 21, I hate to see her like this.

My you find treatment that gives you back your life, uvm

Last edited by ukiahvalleymom; 02-06-2006 at 11:46 PM. Reason: word correction

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #17
    ukiahvalleymom
    (female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icky_Metal
    UVM,

If you don't mind sharing -- I'm currious about the neurotoxin exposure you referred to. Was it a specific chemical that you were accidentally exposed to or some unknown contaminant in the building? I think my office suffers from "Sick Building Syndrome" and I'm curious whether you were exposed to something on the job or whether it was something coming out of the vents that you are sensitive to. If the latter, how did you make a determination?

thanks!
    Hi, Icky_Metal,

I believe that it was something from the vents possibly mold spores. However, the building has a ventilation problem due to remodeling the layout changed.

I'm going to get back online tomorrow and finish this letter, I've been up since 6:45am and feel like I'm fading fast. I'll be able to describe my symptoms and the journey Iwent through which determined tha it was nuerotoxin exposure that I'm dealing with.

uvm

Old 02-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
    Icky_Metal
    (male)

Icky_Metal HB User

UkiahValleyMom - looking forward to your post. Thanks, Icky M.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #19
    ukiahvalleymom
    (female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icky_Metal
    UkiahValleyMom - looking forward to your post. Thanks, Icky M.
    Icky_Metal,

Busy, busy busy! So sorry, I thought I'd get back to you B-4, now!
    Intially, back in Dec '04 due to the symptoms I had, the topic of neurotoxins exposure came up during my 2nd Appt with Dr Kent Holtorf of the FMS & Fatigue Center. He gave me the info to take an online questionaire and visual test for Chronic Neurotoxins.

First, I procrastinated, on taking the test, I was very sick, back then. It took everything and then some to make it through each second of the day. 2nd, when I finally took the test, bc of my cognitive thinking problems and severe brain fog I, personally messed up on the question regarding vision and corrective lenses. I should have answered 'Yes' instead I answered 'No,' a big OOPS! So the first half of the test was positive and the 2nd was negative on the visual.

I was working back then, each time that I went down to the Center and spent days away from the office, my symptoms subsided and I felt better. Then, I would start back to work, within hours symptoms appeared and with each passing day and week I became sicker and sicker. The last two episodes with it, I ended up in an adrenal crisis, in the hospital. It, took that, to decide to go on medical leave and not go back into the building.

Dr Kent Holtorf asked me everytime I saw him or called him, to retake the test, bc I should be doing better not worse. It took me months to take it, I finally did, last August or Septmember of '05 and the test was positive.

The symptoms of neurotoxin exposure are very much the same as CFSIDS or FMS. My symptoms were severe brain fog, cognitive thinking problems, hypothyroidism, adrenal dysfunction, low blood pressure as low as 70-80/50, low temperature as low as 92.4, usually, 96.4-97.1, no immune system, tremors, joint and all over tissue pain, irritable bowel syndrome, irritable bladder syndrome, stabbing pains in different parts of the body, abdominal cramps, vision problems, blurred vision, night vision problems, light sensitivity, hypersensitvity to noises and sounds, rashes, histamine issues, yeast problems, loss of weight, 20+ pounds in a month, more than once and nausea.

My husband, was ready to hospitalize me, he thought I was dying.

There have been at least 6 women at the office, all dx'd with FMS or CFS, by different doctors, all experiencing symptoms like me.

I believe the exposure is from either mold spores or problems with the HAVC, after major remodeling was done. My symptoms started neurologically, and then cascaded down through the different bodys' systems, causing damage to some of my organ systems.

Today, I'm feeling 80%-90% better, I've had days were there have been no symptoms at all, it makes me cry out of thankfulness to modern medicine the advances that have taken place over the last 10-15 years with these diseases is amazing! There is no better time to have these issues then today and maybe tomorrow as more research is done.

I have color again and I look alive! I'm able to enjoy more things and be active most every day. uvm

Closed Thread