It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• 2 Weeks quit....Pain in chest and coughing up.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-10-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
    just1primate
    (male)

just1primate HB User
    2 Weeks quit....Pain in chest and coughing up.....

Hey all,

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago after I noticed I was having intermittant sharp pains in my chest. Went to the cardiologist who said my heart is fine and that I have Gerd.

So I quit smoking. I was quit for a whole week, then had a relapse. Smoked 2 packs over 3 days during a weekend. Come monday I was so ****** at myself, I stopped again, and haven't even thought about smoking again.

Now, I am still having some achey chest pain, and have horrible sinus drainage and I am coughing A LOT and producing this sticky ugly yellow brown phlegm. IS this normal after quitting? The chest pain and the phlegm?
    I am thinking that maybe my body totally rebelled on me after quitting for a week then smoking overload for 3 days.

Any one else with the pain and phlegm?

J1P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
    Stavia
    (female)

Stavia HB User
    Re: 2 Weeks quit....Pain in chest and coughing up.....

Hi,

The chest pain, sinus drainage and coughing are normal. The chest pain can also be a result of anxiety associated with the quit. If you've been checked out by a cardiologist, don't worry about it. The sinus drainage and coughing are your lungs clearing themselves.

I stopped smoking 145 days ago. I didn't cough much, but I had chest pain on and off for a few weeks and I had a lot of sinus drainage for about the first 2 weeks.

Good luck in your quit.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
    just1primate
    (male)

just1primate HB User
    Re: 2 Weeks quit....Pain in chest and coughing up.....

Thanks for the response. It makes sense. But of course we are all paranoid of cancer, copd etc.
    I had a lung CT scan in March of 05 that was perfectly clear. You would think that would soothe some of the anxiety.

Closed Thread