It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Has anyone else experienced bleeding between transfer and test after 2WW?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
    lelliott

lelliott HB User
    Has anyone else experienced spotting between transfer and preg test after the 2WW?

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any symptoms between embryo transfer and your blood test to confirm if you are pregnant or not?

I have had achey, crampy kind of PMS symptoms and gas, starting 2 days after transfer. And then on Day 7 and 8 after transfer I had light spotting, which I am wondering if it is implantation bleeding. It only happened when I wiped. I believe it would occur somewhere around that time. I did take a pregnancy test today and it was positive. My blood test is tommorrow. It's just that the spotting scared me a little bit.

My last IVF I had the same symptoms, except for the spotting. I did get a positive test and two days later went back for another one and it was negative. I'm hoping the bleeding is the difference between last time and this time and that it will 'stick' this time.

Any experiences and advice is appreciated.

Thanks and Baby Dust To All!
    Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lelliott; 02-20-2006 at 05:32 AM. Reason: change title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
    sharon6
    (female)

sharon6 HB User
    Re: Has anyone else experienced bleeding between transfer and test after 2WW?

I had implantation bleeding both IVFs and got a positive both times. The first time, beta did not double. The second time, it did double but I mc'd at 9 weeks.

These are the only two times I have ever been pregnant but two or three times (in 38 years) I have had bleeding that behaves like implantation bleeding.

The other symptoms are common, remember that you have just been giving a shot of pregnancy hormone and your ovaries have gone from almond-size to orange size.

Anyway, hope for the best!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
    ravaemarie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ravaemarie HB User

Lorrie - I don't have any experiences to share with you, but I am anxiously awaiting the results of your blood test. You're in my prayers this morning!!

BABY DUST!!
    ~Ravae

Old 02-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

Lorrie... My fingers are crossed and I can't wait to hear how you blood test goes this morning!!!!!!
    cmarie

Old 02-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

I got a BFP!!!!!!! My beta was 68. Last IVF I had a positive result too but my level was 40 and didn't continue to climb. I remember the nurse saying they like to see it closer to 60 so i'm guessing 68 is pretty good!! I'm sooo excited. I have a followup blood test on Friday. I hope it continues to increase this time!!!

Sharon6, Thanks for sharing your experience. That really helped. Do you remember what your beta numbers were? Is it supposed to double with the second test? So you have one child, right? Thanks for the best wishes.

Ravae & Cmarie,
    Thanks for your good wishes!! I'll let you all know how it goes friday!

Baby Dust To All,
    Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

CONRATULATIONS Your hcg levels should double every 48 hours. So by Friday they should be a lot higher!!! When I got my first beta done it was around 123. It doubled to around 300 in the 48 hours. How long ago was your transfer? I will cross my fingers and keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.
    cmarie

Old 02-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
    ravaemarie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ravaemarie HB User

CONGRATULATIONS, Lorrie!!!!

I love success stories, it really gives me hope that someday it will be me posting my BFP! I hope all goes well for you on Friday, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us in the loop as to what's happening with you!

~Ravae

Old 02-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
    sharon6
    (female)

sharon6 HB User

Unfortunately, on the first IVF my beta didn't double, and on the second I mc'd at 9 weeks.

My first beta number was about 54 and went to 75 in 2 days, my second try went from 85 to 413 in two days. The next step was an ultrasound to look for a gestational sac, then another one to look for a heartbeat at 6-7 weeks.

If your beta does not double in 2-3 days, the pregnancy is most likely failing but it IS possible to have the numbers messed up by a vanished twin. If you don't double fast enough they tell you there's almost no chance, but they keep testing you until it actually starts decreasing.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #9
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Sounds like 68 isn't that high a number then, huh?. Hopefully it will be high enough and start doubling away. This is my 2nd Fresh Cycle, the first one my appendix burst a day after transfer. i've had two failed Frozen Cylces too....we've been trying for 8 years, so we are hoping this is the one for us! Thanks for all the encouragement!!

cmarie,
    What day post transfer were you when you got the 123? My transfer was Feb 9, so this was 11 days after transfer.

Ravae,
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers...i'm not in the clear yet. I love success stories too...especially when I hear of people trying as long as we have been that gets pregnant. I'm sending baby dust your way to help you post your BFP.

Sharon6,
    I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you meant that your beta didn't double but that it still stuck and that the other one doubled but was miscarried. I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't know what i'd do if we finally made it that far and miscarried. How tough that must have been. Are you still going through procedures?

baby dust
    Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #10
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

I did not get pregnant with IVF, I was on clomid. But my hcg was taken on the 31st day of my cycle, so about 2 weeks after ovulation. I had a miscarriage at about 7 weeks, after my hcg was at about 1700. I would not worry, cross your fingers and stay positive!!!!! No need to worry and stress before anything happens
    cmarie

Old 02-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #11
    sharon6
    (female)

sharon6 HB User

I would not worry about the number itself. You don't know exactly when the implantation started. My clinic will call you positive if it's over 5. The important thing is that it increase.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User

Lori I am sooooo happy for you!!!
    My computer's been out of commission this whole week but I have been thinking about you this whole time! I was so anxious to find out if yoiu got good news and I hope it continues to go well for you! Eight years is a very long time, so I am sending **baby sticky dust** your way and hope this one works out for you! Please keep us posted.

I will be going for my final consult tomorrow where I sign the consents and get ready for the drugs to start. So, I may be asking you lots of questions soon.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:19 AM   #13
    sammieP
    Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Lorrie - CONGRATULATIONS just to wish you luck tomorrow, please keep us updated on your blood results.

Sticky babydust heading your way.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Thanks Ladies!!

I took a test yesterday at home and it was still positive. Although I know that it could register positive but could actually be decreasing instead of increasing, it still helps to see that positive to get me through until friday.

I'll post tomorrow to let you know how it went.

KM7503, good luck tomorrow on your consult and your upcoming cylce. Feel free to ask all the questions you want to.

Baby Dust!
    Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #15
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Well ladies, I got the beta results back and it's declining, just like last time. I really felt like this was finally it for us. My beta was down to 37, from 68 on Monday. We aren't sure what we are doing next. We are talking about adoption, maybe trying a surrogate with some of our frozen...or maybe just trying a frozen cycle again. We are just getting tired of the sadness and let down everytime we go through a failed cycle. My husband has had about enough seeing me sad as he can handle. And i'm not getting any younger.

KM7503,
    How did your consult go?

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Closed Thread