It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• August Moms/August Babies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #346
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User
    Re: August Moms/August Babies

Troy had some puffed wheat and didn't swallow it that well! I think i'm going to wait a few more weeks
    Kiedy--thanks for your advice in the teething thread! I'll remember the suggestions b/c I'm not looking forward for when Troy bites. I laughed when you said to not laugh when he laughs..it'll be hard
    well i better get going..Troy and daddy are in the tub and it's time to grab Troy for his bedtime routine!
    Take care everyone!
    S

m/c *angel* 10 weeks July/04
    IUI's-2 for bfp Sept 27/07

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #347
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Laur,
    Sounds like your DH got the message, I would have liked a massage, only I prefer paying someone to do it because then they don't expect any hanky panky out of it. LOL. DH seems to think that massages are foreplay...sometimes yes, but not when I feel so tired I just would rather sleep. I just don't have much of a sex drive right now, I went through the same thing when DD was a baby, the Dr said it was hormones and lack of sleep...it gets better eventually.

S&J, Yaaaay for teeth!!! So how long did it take from the time you noticed his gums changing to when they poked through. I looked in Kadens mouth and I don't see anything coming anytime soon. And pizza isn't all that bad for you, depending on what you get on it, you can get 3 of the 4 food groups with it.

Kiedy,
    Is there something wrong with the cat for it to be pooping and puking like that? I would be frustrated too, I know when my sister lived with us for a while her dog was my worst enemy...it's totally different when it's your own pet...he peed on the carpets and barked too loud and licked too much and just plain got on my every nerve...so I know exactly how you feel.

It is FREEZING here!!! Right now it is -24C but I'm sure the windchill is making it closer to -30C. It wouldn't be as bad if it would just snow! At least then I could look forward to doing fun things in the snow.

My Dad is in the hospital, his diabetes blood sugar levels are unstable and his blood platelets are low, so his blood is really thin right now...he also has a hernia and gallstone problems that he has been waiting for months to get fixed...they aren't fixing those yet, he has to go to another city for that since he lives in a small town, right now they are just trying to stabilize his blood. We are going to go visit them next week after we get back from the wedding...we are leaving for Saskatchewan in 5 hours or so...(4am-ish) then we'll come home Sunday and go there Monday. So I'll try to pop on here Sunday before we head out again.

Oh! I think Kaden said "Ma" today... He was kinda cranky so I went to go into the kitchen to pump some milk to make him some cereal and he said it.

K, I should go finish packing and try to get a couple hours of sleep before we get on the road...I'm not too worried because DH is driving so I can sleep on the way, I know the kids will sleep alot of the way, and even once Kierra wakes up for good we have the DVD player for her so we won't even hear a word from her unless it's to put another movie in.

Have a good weekend! Talk to you soon.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:54 AM   #348
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

Laur77, thanks for the info that was really really helpful.

I went to one of the superstores here to get some groceries and they had an offer on baby food it was the Heinz brand and l got 10 tens for just under 3.oo punds which is worth it really. I have kept these to get ideas on what to make and also to see if Annaum likes them if she does then l can make more variety at home! :0

Kierrasmommie, thanks for the compliment. We brought a superb highchair from Mama and Papas it also has 3 reclining positions and wheels at the bottom including a toy storage basket. It is grey/silver and also you can adjust it to 3 lengths. It also has two removable and pushable trays that are dishwasher proof great!
    Annaum seems to be enjoying her veggies at the moment which is good!

im shatered just finished the hoovering downstairs and on the stairs upstairs and l need to eat before l collapse l still have upstairs to do sorry to bore you lot! , l also have to definitly tidy up my spare room and Annaums draw and finish some work stuff. You see l just love taking Annaum out so l dont get much time in the day to sort this stuff out! so today l decided to stay in although l may take Annaum for a walk as its sunny! l will catch up with you lot later !

Old 02-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #349
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

I forgot to tell you guys that Logan had his six month check-up and shots on Monday. He is 23lbs, 5oz, and 31" long. She said he looks very healthy in every way. He only cried a little during the shots this time, and even as he was crying he was trying to grab the ear looking light thingy off the wall so I don't think it was too serious!

S&J, we have pizza about once every week or two, so don't feel too bad! My hubby could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. So every time we decide to order in, guess what it is?!

Joanne, I hope your dad is doing better soon. Have fun on your trip. How I would love to get away anywhere right now, just for a change of pace. We have been pretty lucky here this winter (I live just outside of Ottawa), the weather hasn't gotten too cold. We have had a lot of snow though, so kind of difficult for walking in sometimes. I have a sled for Logan, but it has no wind protection. I prefer when we can go in the stroller and have the wind-shield on. I admire you for still breast-feeding and pumping, etc. I was doing that, but I decided I would cut down to 2-3 breast feedings a day, and now I mix cereal with water. A lot of it had to do with the fact that I was losing too much weight (please don't hate me!). Apparently this happened with my mom and grandma. They just kept losing weight until they were wasting away! So once I was back to my prior weight, I decided I would cut down.

Kiedy, I finally came to the realization that I would have to ask hubby to do everything I want him to. That used to make me so mad having to ask him the same things over and over day in and day out. But I realized he just really doesn't see it, he is not trying to make me mad. So now if I want him to do something, I just ask nice and he does it. Kind of works out good actually, because if I don't feel like doing the dishes, I just ask him!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 02-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #350
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Laur77,

I can't believe how big Logan is, wow, good for you. I have the same problem as you w/ breastfeeding, I am wasting away. I'm 5'8 and last I checked I was 118lbs. I'm not happy when I'm this skinny. I try to eat, but unlike most people when I'm tired or stressed I don't eat. I'm always cheking the back lables to see what has more calories. But I want to breastfeed for another 6mo unless DS doesn't want to.

Kierrasmommy, I would be soo excited if DS said anything close to "ma". At the moment it's dada and blowing of major rasberries all day long. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a race car tract, w/ all the rasberries he blows.

DS still is not sleeping well and still crancky, and still no signs of any teeth on top. I keep giving him tylanol at night, but unless I put him in the swing around midnight, he just keeps waking up every half hour.

I put up some drapery in DS room, it's amazing how much softer the room looks, I'm going to do it in our bedroom now. DH got me a spa certificate, and I'm thinking of using it this weekend. I myself don't like massages, or yoga for that matter, the whole slowness of it stresses me out. I do love facials though, so that's what I'll have.

Have a great weekend.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #351
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi everyone,
    Well the trip was good, it is normally about a 7 hour drive to DH's Mom's place (MooseJaw Saskatchewan)from here. On the way there Kaden had only three 5 minute crying fits when he was tired just before he would fall asleep, but I could reach over and hold his sucky for him until he fell asleep, we also stopped once along the way to eat and stretch and change his bum. But he was great on the way home, I think the weekend pooped him out. Kierra was good both directions too.

The wedding was good. Oh, and you know the part where they ask if anyone objects to the marriage?...Well, Kaden objected! LOL, He decided that would be the perfect moment to talk to everyone. The place burst out in laughter and afterward DH's brother and his new wife said the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Well, I just wanted to post really quick before we head out to visit my parents tomorrow. I'll post when I get back.
    Take care.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #352
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Hello...
    Troy's gums were swollen a few weeks before one poked through. I really didn't think that it would actually feel like a little razor blade! I felt his gums this morning and the other tooth has poked through too!

Laur77- Wow Logan is a big boy! Is he getting ready to crawl yet? Troy isn't..he just likes to sit and lunge forward or when he is on his tummy he rolls right over. I remember I used to be soooo stressed that he hated tummy time and wasn't rolling..and now he is. And how many tbsp of solids do you give Logan? Troy used to have a lot but has lessened his amt.

How many times is everyone nursing/formula feeding their little ones? Troy is only nursing about 3-4 times/day. Sometimes i'm glad but other times I'm not quite used to him going so long in between feeds! And when is everyone feeding solids and nursing? I just am curious so i can compare and see if what i'm going is still ok
    He wakes up 7am- nurse
    9:30am - cereal/fruit
    11ish- nurse again(somedays he doesn't)
    12-1ish- cereal/veggie/fruit
    3-4ish- nurse
    6ish - cereal/veggie/fruit
    8ish-nurse/bedtime.

Do you guys think he's getting enough liquids? He has wet diapers. I give him water in sippy cup too sometimes..he only ever has an oz.
    I'm sure i've posted this before but I like reassurance!
    Thanks everybody!
    talk to you soon!
    S

Old 02-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #353
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

S&J,
    Well, you could have pretty much just written out our schedule! Aside from the times being a little different, it is almost exactly what we do. I am so glad to see that, as I am always wondering, am I doing it right?
    As for amounts, for breakfast I give him a few tablespoons of cereal (don't really measure it, just poor it in). I haven't started fruit yet, that will be next, so then I will give him some fruit with breakfast too. For lunch and dinner each, I give him 4 tablespoons of veggies, then probably about 2-3 tablespoons of cereal (once he starts fruit, I'll add that as well). I also give about 2 oz of water after lunch. I nurse and formula feed now, about the same amount you do, except he usually has two drinks between lunch and dinner. How many tablespoon of food do you give? I always wonder what other people do, as I am never sure if it is enough, or too much!

Logan has not started to crawl yet. He has gotten up on his hands and knees a couple of times, but then pushes off and falls onto his tummy. He manages to maneuver himself where he wants to go by rolling, turning and shimmying, so not too sure if he is interested in crawling. My MIL said my hubby did the same thing and never really crawled much. And so far Logan is pretty much a replica of his father in every way. Logan is soooo energetic, and ALWAYS moving, even in his sleep! He is in a different position in the crib every time I look at him. Think I better get my runners on if he does start to crawl, or walk!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:08 AM   #354
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

S&J

My schedual is also almost the same, I still sometimes struggle with the 1st or 2nd solid feeding. Sometimes I only give him cereal for breakfast but not lunch or the other way around. He is just soo cranky now, I find myself exhusted and at times breastfeed him instead b/c it's faster and easier. Today I actually prepered more cereal for the next feeding so if he is hungary I can feed him immediatly and not have him sit in his chair and scream his head off while I'm preparing the food.

On some days he will eat 5 tbs of cereal and 4 tbs of veggies, and on other days he will only eat half that amount. Also now that he is teething I find that I breastfeed him more since it soothes and calms him down.

DS is also not crawling yet, but I can see that he may. He is spending a lot more time on his tummy and truning around. But he still doesn't know how to go on his knees yet and keeps rocking from side to side, maybe that's how he'll learn.

Kierrasmommy, that's soo cute w/ DS voicing his objections like that. It be nice if you could get a copy of the tape and save it for him for the future.

DS continues to be cranky, the only break I get is when he is napping. Taking him out for walks helps too, but here in BC it's been sooo cold lately. They says -2C but I swear it feels like -15C. And yes still no teeth yet, but those edges are getting so white. I let him bite on my banana yesterday, and the gums are buldging so much that they left teeth-like indentation on the banana. I had to check to make sure that his teeth have not cut through yet.

Hope you all had good weekends. I haven't had a chance to have my facial yet, I really want to get my haircut first, but just can't find the time or the energy.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #355
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi all,

Laur77 wow thats a very healthy and cute big baby l am not getting Annaum weighed this week l got her weighed in about 2 weeks ago and she was aroun7 17lbs ish so l reckon she will be 18ibs ish this week.

Annuam is getting really cheeky she has developed a sweet tooth so no more dessserts for her. She loves her cheesey veggies though! However, she seems to have gone off carrots, she will refuse to swallow and open her mouth l am just amazed at how she learned to do this She will start to cry if l try to force her to eat and sometimes l get really worried as it is her feed time say like 3-4 hours later and she wont eat, but will want formula and she doesnt even drink that much either say like 8 ounces, 7 ounces about 3 times a day. I try to give her an average of three meals a day. Oh and the funny thing is today l had heated up a cauliflower and chesse grill for myself and she wanted it: she refused to eat her carrots and broccoli but started to stick her tongue out So l gave her tiny tiny bit and you should have seen the way she was eating it like trying to imitate the way we eat! lol

Annaums clothes dont fit either as in she is about 6 months and 3 weeks and she still fits in to some 3-6 months clothes which l am running out of. Her 6-9 month clothes are a bit too long or big ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM?

Kierrasmommie, so sweet, l can just picture Kaden doing this! Lol

Well im off to my first exercise class 2maro (wednesday) it will an aerobics class with a very old friend of mine who bumped into whilst l was shopping! SO PLEASE PRAY THAT I SURVIVE THIS FITNESS THING AND COME OUT LOOKING LIKE J-LO!!!: ok im off really tired byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by Boo Boo; 02-22-2006 at 04:11 PM.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #356
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Well..I'm super happy that we're all pretty much on the same schedule!
    I give Troy 4tbsp of cereal and about 1-2 tbsp of fruit and a veggie. He also has water in the afternoon..I'm also starting those little baby cookie/rice cracker things that dissolve quickly as a snack in the afternoon.

Kiedy- I take Troy out for walks in the cold..he's bundled up well and has the plastic weather guard over his stroller and I'm of course bundled too...I don't go when it's really cold out with a breeze.

Troy isn't close to crawling yet either. He's finally started rolling from his tummy to his back.

I'd post more but I have to get going!
    Take care everyone!
    S

Old 02-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #357
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

BooBoo

I had a good laugh reading your post. DS does the same thing w/ pees, and this just started couple of days ago, he just refuses to eat it and he used to like it, I don't know what happend. He will not open his mouth and keep turning his head. I tricked him today though, I added half a jar of squash to it, which he loves and he ate it all up.

I was also thiking of doing something active, someone suggested yoga, but I find it so stressful. Too much relaxation. So then they suggested TiChi (sp?) class. And I think I could like it. So I'll phone the local place tomorrow and look into classes. Hopefully I'll be like Bruce Li or Jacky Chen after my first class.

Let us know how it went.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #358
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

Kiedy; l went to aerobics and was embarrased when l found out the tutor was a male! felt like l was back at school. However, l had such a laugh, l still remembered some of the steps from my private gym that l had joined prior to becoming pregerz. So that was good but it was funny when l kind of lost the rthym ! and l started to laugh at myself and my friend started to laugh at me because l was finding it sooo funny! l really enjoyed it and it was killing me but im hoping to make it a regular thing. So l would recommend it to any of the mums here. Its good if you dont mind going by your selves but if you are like me then its a bonus to have a friend to go with! by the way does anyone watch desperate housewives? im hoping to look like Gabriel yeah like a size 6 waist! does that exist??????????? anyway totally forced fed Annaum monkey today! yes mixed banana with suede and leeks and chedder cheese.I know im cruel anyway better go and rest my painful body !! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Boo Boo; 02-22-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #359
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi guys,
    We're back from my parents place. It started snowing the morning we left so there was quite a bit of snow there so I was able to get some snow angel pics! My parents loved visiting with the kids and it was a god visit so I'm glad we went, my Dad is doing better too, he got out of the hospital Sinday and they are still doing tests on him but the last cold/flu he had is what caused this..the antibiotics through his diabetes all out of whack and his blood platelets went really low and he has low white blood cells right now, so they are watching it and will decide what to do once they contatc a specialist.
    Well, I'm going to go, it's been almost a week since I watched the news so I'm going to get up to date on everything then get supper going. I'll talk to you all soon.

Oh, Boo,
    Kierra started doing that with her baby foods as well and I ended up having to feed her mashed up tablefood instead, she just refused to eat jarred babyfood, I eliminated salt and hot spices from my cooking and she just started eating what we ate...I still continued the baby foods she liked here and there but most times she ate what we did.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #360
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Well Booboo

Congratulations, you took the first and most difficult step at being active. Perhaps the male instructor will motivate you to be more regular w/ classes especially if he is ultra cute. I was so inspired by your motivation, that I actually got up and started looking for the number for the instructor of Tai Chi, that was recommended to me. Unfortunaltly I couldn't find it in my purse, I think it's in the stroller, so my search ended there. Today, however I will try to remember to look for it again. How pathetic is that.

I did go for a brisk walk w/ DS for an hour, since it was warm and sunny yesterday, but today it snowed so I'm not sure if I'll go agian. There goes my walking.

Kierrasmommy, good to hear that your dad is getting better. I'm also going to visit my parents second week of March, as I'm going for a conference and they will look after him for couple of days, until my DH joins me. I am kind of dreading it, since DS is soo attached to me now and cries even w/ DH. But I'm going to go couple of days early just so that he gets used to them a bit more.

Oh, yesterday, when I took DS for a walk, he fell asleep at the begining, so when we came back I left him in the stroller, since I thought moving him this late in his nap would for sure wake him up. He continued to sleep in there for another hour an a half. I kept running downstairs, putting my finger under his nose to make sure he was breathing (he was wearing his big jump suit, so I couldn't see if his chest was rising) lol. I think he enjoyed the fresh air. I couldn't believe it, that's almost 2.5hrs. Then we went to the store and he missed his second nap, so I just kept him up and put him to bed an hour earlier.

Gosh it's so grey outside, so depressing. Talk to you guys later.

Closed Thread