It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Does Proactive Solution really work?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2006, 06:59 AM   #16
    AlabamaWorley
    (female)

AlabamaWorley HB User
    Re: Does Proactive Solution really work?

I use Olay, not sure exactly what the name is. It seems more water-based, so it doesn't make my skin gooey once the oil starts in. I use it every time I wash my face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #17
    omalll
    (female)

omalll HB User

i've tried lots of things, I even posted about using oil cleansing method.. anyway, nothing works for me long term EXCEPT proactiv. ive even tried the proactiv imitations, but they are low quality and dont work as well.
    Try it, there is a 60-day money back guarantee if it doesnt work.
    but its the only thing that has ever cleared my skin 100%. Just make sure you get a good oil free SPF 15 moisturizer, because it can be a little drying.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #18
    lonik
    Inactive
    (female)

lonik HB User

I have been using proactive for 4 months. All I have noticed was the redness went away nut I have been breaking out a ;ot worse on my chin and cheeks.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #19
    dsobz
    (female)

dsobz HB User

With Proactiv...
    I use Camelia Oil to moisturize after I apply the toner. Then I apply the repairing lotion when my skin is really dry. Otherwise, I use it only in the A.M. before I apply my makeup. It really keeps my skin refreshed so the only time my skin looks flaky from the Proactiv is right after I wash my face. I use Eucerin facial wash and/or Cetaphil, not the Proactiv cleanser. I also use the sulphur mask when I have a breakout. I never get huge bumps anymore. And the few pimples that are lingering go away before they amount to anything. My red marks are also fading. For some reason, Proactiv also is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I think you have to learn how to adjust to using it. Like, some people can't use the wash or use another type of moisturizer, etc. I really think all you need are the toner and reparing lotion but it must be used with another brand of moisturizer.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:09 AM   #20
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsobz
    With Proactiv...
    I use Camelia Oil to moisturize after I apply the toner.
    How long have you been using the camellia oil as moisturizer? What type of acne/skin do you have and has it improved your skin?

Old 02-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #21
    SilkySoft
    (female)

SilkySoft HB User

I have been using proactiv since August. I think that it works very well but due to the fact that I don't use it everyday I really can't tell if it works better. In fact I just bought a new kit last Sat. It has the daily oil control also.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:49 PM   #22
    dsobz
    (female)

dsobz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kHan artist
    How long have you been using the camellia oil as moisturizer? What type of acne/skin do you have and has it improved your skin?
    I've always had small indents on one side of my face, but not significant. Mostly I have smooth skin, but after this year of breakouts I now have dry, red spotty skin. My skin was always oily until now. The camelia oil I have only been using about 2 months consistently, and I notice my red marks faded quickly. My skin definitley has a nice glow after I apply the camelia oil, but not oily as it absorbs quickly. I think I need to just add one more step of exfoliating every now an again. I am not breaking out now, but have a build up of dry skin where some of my left over bumps are. I think exfoliating once a week with a scrub will help. I tried Epidermx(microdermabrasion) for a while, but I think I overdid it and I broke out bad after using it consistently. I am going to try just using the Epidermx I have left as a scrub once or twice a week and not as the microdermabrasion.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #23
    Soar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Soar HB User
    Post Re: Does Proactive Solution really work?

I use the microdermabrasion stuff--different brand then mentioned for redness from blemishes and an occasional poc mark. Camiella oil is wonderful!!!! I have used proactiv for a couple weeks. Seems to be working but just a few days ago I got one cystic pimple--ugh.. Is this part of proactiv's healing properties? Yikes!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #24
    RiAnne
    (female)

RiAnne HB User

proactive works really well for me.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #25
    4eva
    (female)

4eva HB User

It works well for me too, Ive only been using it for about 2 months, but it does seem to control the breakouts.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #26
    KimC2005
    (female)

KimC2005 HB User

I have been using ProActive since the end of August. I use it almost everyday. I see no major difference. It has made my skin more soft and even toned, but as far as helping acne it did nothing. I still have breakouts, however proactiv does help dry them out and get rid of them faster. In fact, I am looking for something else to use besides proactiv. I have cancelled my account. I could get the same results of a scrub at Wal-Mart.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #27
    lmafia

lmafia HB User

i used proactive for a while it worked really good but my body adapted to it by producing more oil so it worked for a while then it didn't. but try it everyones body is different

Old 03-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #28
    Rebeccas1176
    (female)

Rebeccas1176 HB User

I've been suffering with acne since I was ten. The only time May face has been clear is when I was pregnant. Well, now that I'm done having babies I have "adult acne".

I opted for the cheaper version of Proactive called Acnefree. The 3 step system lasts me at least 2 months, I use it once a day. It is only $20 at my local drug store! I actually got a free trial size on the Acnefree website! Anyway, this stuff has been working great for me for 6 months now! The one time I ran out, yikes! My face has never been and will probably never be perfect, but I'm definately sticking with this.

Closed Thread