It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board

• mild to moderate Down's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2002, 05:20 AM   #1
    lexie's mom

lexie's mom HB User
    Post mild to moderate Down's

Are there any parents out there with a Down's child classified as mild or moderate. Lexie has very mild features , reads about on a seventh grade level, volunteers at the public library and at the school library, and drives around our neighborhood with her dad. She also likes to look things up on our computer. Would like to discuss the pros and cons of this subject.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
    momofhannah

momofhannah HB User
    OUr daughter will be a year in January and we have been told that she seems to be a very mild case as well. She was born 3 months pre mature and the doctors said that between the downs and the pre maturity she should be about 3-5 months behind but is really only about 2 months behind.

Old 01-09-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
    TrishB

TrishB HB User
    I have a 27-year old son with Downs and he has been the light of my life. He graduated from HS in 1997 (he got a certificate of graduation...not a diploma but graduated with his class at 21..his sister 4 years younger graduated in the same class!)He works at a local grocery store and has been working there about 7 years now. He loves his job, is very conscientious and never misses a day of work. He has friends he sees socially and a large family who loves him. He gets himself up every day for work (before anyone else in the house is up)and packs his own lunch each morning. He has a hugh collection of movie videos and easily answer any question on movie trivia. Needless to say, he has provided all of us with joy and constant reminder of what each person can do individually if given the opportunity to grow. Don't stereotype him. He's one of a kind!

Old 01-09-2003, 08:11 PM   #4
    mom8times
    Inactive

mom8times HB User
    Talking

I loved reading about your son!! Your story made me smile and literally made my day!
    Hugs
    Peggy

Closed Thread