It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Bupar info

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
    Elga
    (female)

Elga HB User
    Bupar info

Hello,

I am starting Buspar 10mg twice a day. I have been on many differents antidepressant before but canot tolerate them.

I am taking Buspar with nothing else but ativan to help with the sleep. Wondering if Buspar has side effects like AD have, diziness, coma type sleep, nausea, vivid scary dreams, and if it does, is it only for a short period until one gets used to it.

Just hoping to find something that helps with axiety and please let me know if someone knows how sucessfull they have been on Buspar alone.Thanking
    you for the replies

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-26-2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: No longer applies, other post has been removed. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Bupar info

buspar is a tranquilliser of a different type to valium and needs to be taken daily, it seldom helps much but its side effects are usually mild, it takes about 10 days to become effective

Old 03-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
    Elga
    (female)

Elga HB User

Thanks for your reply, seems that not a lot of people use it alone.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Hey there,

I took Buspar for many years and it did help. It has a cumulative effect; hence, it takes weeks to feel the full effect. A doctor usually prescibes something like Ativan since it will produce an immediate effect until the Buspar kicks in. You will know when the Buspar starts to work when you start to be able to focus more and feel calmer.

Of course, it does have side effects such as initial increased anxiety, dizziness, drowsiness and headaches like many mood altering Rxs.

My doctor took me off it because my Effexor XR that I recently start has the same theraputic benefits as Buspar.

Hope this helps.

Z'Man

Last edited by ZoloftMan; 03-30-2006 at 04:28 PM.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
    Elga
    (female)

Elga HB User

Thanks ZolofMan, I will try it, and hope the secondary effects, don't last too long!

Old 04-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
    Rianna
    (female)

Rianna HB User

I was just prescribed Busphar as well (7.5 in the morning and 7.5 at night), but my Psychiatrist told me to wean off the Klonopin first before going on Busphar - but then again, I also take Remeron for depression and perhaps she didn't want me on three meds at once. I am a bit nervous about taking it, but am glad to see that people have had good responses with it. I did not know it was a tranquilizer and in the same drug class as Valium? I thought Valium was in the same drug class as Xanaz, Ativan or Klonopin. Interesting.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #7
    Elga
    (female)

Elga HB User

Hello,

I don't think Buspar is in the same class as Ativan, Xanax and others they are benzo and Buspar il suppossed to be safer and of another class, which one I'm not sure of.

Closed Thread