It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anyone else have this Clonazepam/Klonopin side effect?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
    anxiouslady
    (female)

anxiouslady HB User
    Anyone else have this Clonazepam/Klonopin side effect?

Hi everyone,

I've had this feeling before and I think I've pin pointed it down to the Clonazepam. I take it only as needed which is sometimes 1 or 2 times a week. Well its been 2 days since I took one. It seems that the day after I take the clonazepam I start feeling this burning sensation in my muscles and limbs. The skin feels cold and my body just feels very achy and sore like i'm coming down with a cold. It lasts for 2-3 days and then disappears. After it happened this time I realized that it coincides with when I take the pill and then don't take anymore. I wonder if its one of the side effects and if anyone else deals with this. Thanks!

anxiouslady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Anyone else have this Clonazepam/Klonopin side effect?

you could ask a pharmacist to look up his list of side effects
    also try another different benzo to see if it still happens

Old 04-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
    Mr. Jeff
    (male)

Mr. Jeff HB User

Klonopin is a long acting benzo and if your body is used receiving to that dosage and it doesnt get it it may be a form of withdrawl. Sounds like your body is simply saying "hey I havent had my Klonopin" especially that you said it goes away after taking it. I know that my Dr. wont prescribe Xananx because he told me since it is such a short acting benzo and is eliminated every 4 hours that he says people can go through a withdrawl or rebound anxity when the Xanax is gone from the body creating an actual withdrawl syptom every 4 hours. make sense? Good Luck Keep us updated. Mr.Jeff

Old 04-09-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
    anxiouslady
    (female)

anxiouslady HB User

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Its much appreciated. I definitely think it has to be a form of withdrawl. Its the only time I get the feeling, once the pill wears off and I don't take another one. Just another lovely annoying side effect of being on meds.

Anyways, thanks again for the replies. Take care everyone.

anxiouslady

Closed Thread