It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Eating disorder resurfacing?????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2001, 09:32 PM   #1
    flyb_2

flyb_2 HB User
    Question Eating disorder resurfacing?????

I am now 28 years old, the mother of 2 children aged 7 and 4. When I was in high school I struggled with both anorexia and bulemia. Luckily my best friend's mother stepped in before I got worse. I was under 90 pounds at 5'8". I have heard that like alcoholism, once you have an eating disorder, you always are afflicted with it. The reason I ask is, over the last 4 years since the birth of my 2nd child I have been struggling with weight loss issues. It was difficult for me to put on weight with my first child, but since my metabolism was still screwed up, once I started gaining weight I didn't stop, even after she was born. By the time I became pregnant with my second child I weighed more than I did during my 1st pregnancy. Of course, I then gained weight for this pregnancy and it has haunted me ever since. This summer I finally decided that enough was enough. I started a very restricted weight loss regimen. I drank Slim Fast for breakfast and lunch, took Zymax in the morning and evening, ate Lean Cuisines for dinner, I cut out all soda and alcoholic beverages, and exercised 1-2 hours daily. I lost about 40lbs in 4 months but am not satisfied. I have noticed myself becoming nautious after eating(I have started eating more when stressed) and have begun throwing up periodically. I don't think it is often enough to consider it regularly, but my husband brought it to my attention that it is too often. My weight loss has come to a stand still. I have been weaning myself off of the program I created since January, but still have restrictions on myself and exercise, but I haven't been losing weight. I now get angry with myself that I do eat when I am stressed, even if I am not hungry. It is completely different than when I was anorexic(although many days I only eat once) but I get angry for eating and maybe that is why I get sick enough to throw up. Can anyone help????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread