It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Has anyone else experienced bleeding between transfer and test after 2WW?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #16
    ravaemarie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ravaemarie HB User
    Re: Has anyone else experienced bleeding between transfer and test after 2WW?

Oh, Lorrie - I am so sorry. I really had high hopes for you and was really hoping for a different result. I can't imagine how much sadness you are feeling right now. I pray for your peace and strength to move on.

Adoption is a wonderful option and I wish you the best, whatever you decide to do. Stay strong....

~Ravae

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #17
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

Lorrie, I am so very sorry! It is so sad and disappointing, I can only imagine how you feel. I was hoping that it would be your time and that all would be good. I hope you and your husband can find the right path for you, whether it be adoption, surrogate, or IVF again. Please be strong and take care. We are here for you if you need support. You will be in my thoughts.
    cmarie

Old 02-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #18
    withinreach
    (female)

withinreach HB User

Lorrie, I am so sorry. Even though I don't post much I was reading along and wishing you and your husband the best. Hopefully you will find which directions is best for you and your husband. Keep us posted. Best of luck.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Thanks Ladies....I appreciate your concern and encouragement. It helps to know you have people here going through the same thing. Only we can truely understand what we are all going through. I'll stay strong, positive and optimistic. Our will and preserverance will eventually pay off one way or another.

Best of Luck to you all.

BABY DUST!!!!!!!!

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #20
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User

Lorrie,
    What can I say that others haven't? It's hard to know just why these things happen. But although things can be really tough, (as I can relate to hardships in other areas of life), as long as you have faith and hope in the good things...and the support of those who love you, it will get easier. Here, it seems there is so much support, and we haven't even met face to face. That really shows love, faith and hope. So I really hope that your path in life leads you to some happiness soon. There is an end to all our rainbows at some point. I wish you all the best!

And, you are so sweet to ask about me when you're going through all this!...My consult was great! I got lots of info and learned about how to do the injections today, (that progesterone needle looks really scary! ). I am now almost ready for AF, so I should start my cycle soon. I will keep you posted...please keep us all posted.

Lots of love, faith, & hope, and *baby dust* in all beautiful rainbow colors, Krissi

Old 04-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Krissi,

Thanks for your response. It was very sweet and encouraging and I do have faith and hope and I know I will find my way to the end of the rainbow....whether it be a natural birth, an adoption, or a baby through surrogacy. Either way the most important thing is that we have that child we will love like crazy!!

I am just as interested in how others are doing through this crazy process as they are in how i'm doing. Because of all i've been through I get very excited to hear positive news from other couples that are having a hard time getting pregnant. I'm glad you had a good consult. The injections are fun fun. The POI shot is the worst, but it isn't too bad...you'll get used to it after a few shots. I am in the middle of a frozen cycle now. My transfer is April 20.

Baby Dust.
    Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:16 AM   #22
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User

Lorrie!
    It's so good to hear from you!!
    I was hoping you'd bounce back on here...it's been a while! You're right about those PIO shots...but it is getting easier. My Dh has given me 4 of them so far, only 2 went in easily. My transfer was Saturday! I can't even believe so much time has passed since reading through these posts...well I hope good things come to both of us soon!! My BETA is on the 19th, the day before your FET. I want to wish you all the best! And please, keep us posted!!!!
    ~Krissi

Old 04-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #23
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Krissi,

My DH gives me all my POI shots...he had to stick me three times the other night because he drew blood when he pulled back on the needle so we had to try again, then the needle was clogged with my blood and had to pull out and try again! EEK!

I just had my transfer yesterday. They thawed out three embies, all three made it. Two were grade 3 and one was grade 3 1/2....4 is the best where I go so my doc was pleased. Now i'm taking it easy for a few days.

Your beta was on the 19th...how did it go? I'm crossing my fingers. My doc does it 10 days after the transfer...so mine is on May 1. Even though through the process time seems to just go so slow...on the other hand it does pass quickly too...like you said below. It's weird. One of my best friends had her first doc visit on Wednesday for her pregnancy...that is hard to hear, but i'm so happy for her...they've been trying for a few years.

Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #24
    newport747
    (female)

newport747 HB User

Hi Lorrie

Just wanted to say how great it was to read your posts and my thoughts are with you for a huge!BFP!! on May 1st.
    my story is quite similar to yours and at the moment I am filling in the form to begin the process of overseas adoption.I am just getting the process started as it takes 2 years or more and our age is against us!
    To be honest I am not totally sure about adoption as i have not finished with IVF yet i am determined to keep going!

If you dont mind Lorrie i just had a question regarding the transfer of your beautiful embryos
    Do you have any restrictions at your clinic as to how many can be transferred??In Australia it is restricted to max of 2 only.

my other question is have you had any experience with embryos not surviving thawing??
    My last frozen cycle got cancelled as my last 2 embryos did not survive the thaw process.
    On a happy note I will do another frozen cycle in may or June,but am a little bit nervous of this thaw process.

Please keep us posted and my thoughts are with you for a huge HCG result.
    regards Antoinette
    p.s thanks so much learnt so much about HCG levels!!!

Old 04-22-2006, 08:54 AM   #25
    km7503
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

km7503 HB User

Lorrie,
    Unfortuately we got a BFN ...I'm crossing my fingers for you though! Good luck!!

Old 04-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #26
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Krissi,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN! That is so disappointing, I know. I was and am sending my hopes and thoughts to you!

Antoinette,
    Thanks! The 1st can't get here soon enough.
    You are in Australia? I visited Sydney for 6 weeks years ago and loved it.

Which adoption agency are you looking at using? All the people I know personally that has done adoption hasn't taken that long.... up to 18 months...but most says 9-12 months. That is adoption through Russia, which is where we are looking at adopting from. We are looking at using Childrens Hope International....but like you, we aren't sure if we are finished with IVF yet.

As far as transferring in embryos...with a frozen transfer, my doc will not do more than 3 with the quality of our embryos. He'll do 4 if your quality isn't very good. He'll only transfer in 2 for a fresh cycle, due to our good quality embies.

We have had 3 frozen transfers so far. The first one they thawed 5 and 3 made it (lost 2), second time same scenario, third time he thawed 3 and they all 3 made it.......so, out of the 13 we thawed, 9 made it.

I'm sorry to hear your last 2 embies didn't make it on the last thaw...that is terribly upsetting. My second fresh cycle was canceled the day of the trigger shot because my estrogen was 9000!!

You said you lost your last two frozen but was going to do another frozen in May/June...did you go through another egg retrieval and freeze more since your last one or do you use donated embies? Good luck with your next cycle!

Baby Dust!!!
    Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Old 04-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #27
    newport747
    (female)

newport747 HB User

Hi Lorrie

Thanku for your reply it is so encouraging to here from everyone!

I am amazed at how many embryos you can get transfered!!WOW! We have lots of restrictions here in Aust as they are are very proud of their IVF success rate here!They are very fussy as to the quality of embryos they will transfer and for a fresh cycle they only use 5 day blastocysts.
    The restrictions are also in place due to the high incidence of multiple births with IVF which they consider risky due to the high prematurity rate.
    We have a very good medical system ,however there is pressure on IVF clinics bumping up costs to the taxpayer for neonatal intensive care units etc.

Taking all this in ,its is still frustrating as i would love to have twins and be done with all this fertility treatment!!!

back to adoption-it is illegal in aust to use an agency (in fact we dont have any!)we have to go through the government adoption program.We have one of the lowest overseas adoption rates in the world.We have no chance of adopting an Aust baby as we are to old and also we only have maybe less than 20 babies up for adoption per year.It is not something that is done here as the goverment pays single mothers or low income earners like a "social security" payment each week for each child they have.

Unfortunately Russia is not one of the countries available to us we have a limited choice and the process takes a good couple of years.CRAZY!!!

Yes ,I did do another egg retieval just recently had a BFN on easter sunday.One embryo transferred due to over stimulation my estrogen was 10.000! no luck.
    So a frozen will be our next go!
    Sorry to write a novel!Lots of baby dust and my thoughts are with you for lucky first of may!
    Antoinette

Old 04-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #28
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Wow, thats crazy that there aren't any adoption agencies in Australia. 20 babies per year! Thats crazy. It's good though, that your govt helps with the care of children.

Your doc transferred in an embryo with your estrogen being 10000? Wow, he cancelled my egg retrieval at 9000...let alone make it to transfer.... but would have cancelled at 6000, says it's too risky for your health. I guess the success rate would be higher if they won't transfer embies in unless they are day 5 blastocyst...both of my fresh cylces made it to day 5, but none of my transfers have resulted in a pregnancy (gotten 2 positive, but they didn't stick). Sorry to hear about your bad news on Easter....thats not fair! Good luck with your next one. How many do you have frozen?

Talk to you later,
    LOrrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #29
    newport747
    (female)

newport747 HB User

Hi Lorrie

Thinking of you as may is just around the corner!how exciting!!

We have 2 embryos frozen(at day 5 blastocyst stage) just waiting to be transferred just not sure when i will do this??

Sorry to ask so many questions,however I am baffled as well as my RE as to why i keep getting overstimulated.
    Is this a recurring problem for you??
    i just completed my 4th egg retrieval with the first one ending in no transfer (estrogen 13,000!) and the following 3 all overstimulated with only one embryo allowed to transfer.This last cycle just before easter the RE did an U/S to check if fluid in abdo before transfer,but it was OK.he was very worried about ovarian hyperstim.
    My FSH injections re dose have been dropped very low but i still surge on the last couple of days!I am a freak!!!So frustrating!!!
    i would be interested to hear your experience or if any one else has this problem!

Loads of baby dust
    Antoinette

Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #30
    lelliott

lelliott HB User

Antoinette,

Yes, May is almost here! I'm so anxious.

We have 7 left frozen, so we either will try it a few more times or use a surrogate for the remaining ones. I don't think I want to go through another ER.

I have had 3 ER. The first one my doc was concerned that I might be canceled to to high estrogen (4000ish), but I wasn't and they retrieved 36 eggs and ended up with 16 good embryos to use for that fresh cycle and freeze the rest. The second one I was cancelled due to high estrogen (9000). The third one I was fine. The doc said that the reason for the high estrogen was because I was producing too many follicles, which was a result in my dosage of follistim being too high. The third time he backed way off on the meds and I was fine. Do you get regular ultrasounds to check follicle development? My doc makes me go in for baseline, then on Stim Day 5, Day 7, Day 9, Day 10, and then trigger is usually Day 10 or 11 for me. That way he can keep an eye on my follicles...and if too many are developing he can back off my drug. The second IVF I went to a local doc for Day 5 ultrasound (my RE is 2 hours away) and my RE felt he didn't count them all....so he didn't back off my meds....which caused me to over produce... which caused my estrogen level to sky rocket...which caused him to cancel my cycle on the day I was supposed to trigger.

I hope that helped! Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck!!

Lorrie

37, DH 34
    TTC 8 years

BABY DUST TO ALL !!!

Closed Thread