It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Repeated Leeps

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
    PunchDrunk
    (female)

PunchDrunk HB User
    Repeated Leeps

Hey there,

Ok if all this sounds familliar its because i did post this a few days ago just a few slight technical difficulties hehe. ok so my story

Im 20 years old mother of 1 little 4 year old girl im goin in for my second leep procedure in 2 weeks (first one was in august 2005) had my preop yesterday all good to go!! i know someone replied to my last post but i thought id ask again cause im sure i missed out on some wonderful advice and help, this is my second leep and get repeat CIN 3 thats actually shown up since i was about 13 (that was when i had my first pap smear) its just taken them so long to do anything about it. Im wondering if any women have had any complications in concieving or carrying children after having repeat lletz procedures. Also i have been reading about other leep procedures they jst numb the cervix and do the procedure. well they put me under GA and the operation takes about 1-2 hours just wondering if anyone knows why they do it differently for me i was thinking maybe because im in australia theres just a different way to do it here anyway thanks in advance girls

Jen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was - Ali
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
    Re: Repeated Leeps

They sometimes put women under for LEEP in the USA, but generally they don't. However, are you sure you're having a LEEP and not a cone biopsy? A LEEP should not take 1-2 hours. You shouldn't even be asleep for that long. LEEPs take 5-20 minutes. I'm having my first one next week, but my gyno tells me that once she actually starts the procedure, it's over within minutes. And everything I've read online has confirmed the same. I can't imagine why yours would take so long.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
    JSilva
    (female)

JSilva HB User

I had my first LEEP last week and I was put under. It was an outpatient, and the procedure took, just as Timber said, about 15 minutes. I was groggy, and I didnt even know it was over when I woke up. I also have never heard of a LEEP taking 1-2 hours. I have heard that after 2 or 3 LEEPs, there can be complications with conceiving, however, they do have things to help that. I have heard of things like a cerclage, and those having their cervix sewn until the birth. I believe that it depends on how invasive each LEEP is, to determine if there will be complications.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
    cincbcat
    (female)

cincbcat HB User

I have had two LEEP's done, and last Thursday at 13.5 weeks pregnant, I had to have a cerclage. My cervix will be stitched closed until about 36-37 weeks. It is incompetent due to the LEEP procedures, but the good news is, my Dr. has been aggressive and I've had several ultrasounds already where he measured my cervix to see if it had shortened. There is hope even with repeated procedures. I never had one issue with conceiving, the LEEP's will not affect that, only your ability to carry the baby in SOME cases.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
    lovethoscurls
    Veteran
    (female)

lovethoscurls HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cincbcat
    I never had one issue with conceiving, the LEEP's will not affect that, only your ability to carry the baby in SOME cases.

In some cases repeat LEEPS can cause problems with conceiving. As cincbcat sad it can shorten your cervix making it harder for the little guys to find their way up. It is rare but can happen.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:07 AM   #6
    PunchDrunk
    (female)

PunchDrunk HB User

Thanks guys for your advise and opinions i just always like to talk about these things with other people with the same problems etc before i make a doodle out of myself to the doctor hehe, but all the baby making (not practising) has been put on hold until after the next leep and all the healing etc...another question i wanted to ask you guys is i often get pain shooting up inside of me. occassionally its just a quick sharp pain but often its a 10-15 minute long pain in my cervical region...happens really any time any place sort of thing. once was after sex and i just couldnt move all night or the next morning. Im not sure if its related to the leeps the abnormalities or something completely different just wondered if anyone else has had the same thing.
    ill be discussing this as well with the doctor just wondered what your thoughts were
    P.s My last leep was in august 2005

Cyas and thanks again

JEN

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was - Ali

Old 05-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #7
    kitkatD
    (female)

kitkatD HB User

I've had the sharp shooting pains before & after my LEEP back in March, so I'm not sure what it's from. Right after the LEEP, I had horrendous stabbing pains in my cervix & called my dr. about it. He said it was most likely from a scab that was forming & since a big chunk was taken out, it probably would feel that way for a good week until it was somewhat healed. If you are still having pain so long after your last LEEP, I would talk to your dr. about that.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
    erica84
    (female)

erica84 HB User

I also have pains like that. I have been having them for years. They can't be associated with my LEEP since I only had that done 3 days ago. I talked to my DR about that and she said that it was probably my cervix dialating before my period and around ovulation time to let things in and out, so to speak. But if yours has no pattern, then I would definitely discuss it with your OB.

Honestly, when mine told me that it was just dialation, I thought perhaps she wasn't quite understanding me. I didn't think dilation was supposed to hurt quite like that: strong, sharp pains that make you scream. Cause if that is the case I am REALLY in trouble whenever I go into labor!

Talk to the dr. Keep us posted, and good luck!

Closed Thread