It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Clear and Smooth-OMG it works

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
    kissesb1
    (female)

kissesb1 HB User
    Re: Clear and Smooth-OMG it works

i have not updated in a while, so i thought i'd let you know how its going from someone who has been on this for more than just a few days or weeks. i have had a couple of new zits, not all out breakouts...my cystic acne is completely gone. i am using bare minerals make-up which is wonderful for covering my old red spots...which by the way are definately fading. i have been using the camellia oil too. i just recently started doing wheatgrass shots in the mornings and taking alot more vitamins ( i have turned into an "all-natural freak) i cannot get over how smooth my face looks and feels. i may not be the best one to ask about moisturizers b/c i avoided them all my life..i thought they would make my oily skin worse...but carleys day time moisturizer is really special to me..it has jojoba oil in it and is feels soo nice. the nighttime moisutizer is wonderful too. it could be that they are really contributing alot to the smoothness i feel and its so much more noticeable for me since i never used them before? that's a definate possiblilty.

my son has been on this since early march. his acne did not miraclulously disappear over night, but his horrible redness and cystic acne is completely gone. he still gets white heads and those little tiny bumps but no redness (unless he picks which we all know is sooo hard not to do) they go away quickly though. and i keep saying this but its true...it looks better all the time. i would say that now his acne would now be considered mild. it looks like the acne i see in alot of adolecsents, so i consider it more "normal". and i think it will eventually just fade away. i am much more hopeful of that than before. i was seeing him on accutane and thankfully, not even considering that now.

so give it time, go as natual as you can...use moisturizer most definatley and try not to get discouraged when it doesnt clear you in a minute. everything takes time. i noticed a difference immediately, but remember i was mostly clear anyway when i started b/c of an antibiotic. my face was blotchy and uneven though, and bumpy...

anyway, i swear by it and i think i always will.

good luck everybody.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
    eldergod

eldergod HB User

Hi Kisses, I've not really got bad acne at all these days, a few pimples on my face to say the least but as I'm getting older now (currently 17) I've manly got red scars from recent acne but they make my face look so bad. I've also decided to purchase the Carleys Clear and Smooth teenage package.

Since you've been on this sort of product longer than me as mine hasn't even arrived yet lol, I'd personally like you're input on how this can contrubite poistively towards my face?

I do also suffer from oily skin.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

eldergod

Last edited by eldergod; 05-01-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
    Bboynchamo
    Inactive
    (male)

Bboynchamo HB User

hey how do you like the Camellia oil? what does it do, and does it make you break out?

Old 05-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
    sourpunch
    (female)

sourpunch HB User

ive been using clear and smooth for 2weeks and 2days. im currently on my period and so as expected...BAM!!...about 7 small ones, and 3 rather large pimples all over! up until a few days ago when i seemed pretty clear, i was ONLY using carleys once a day, wash with soap 2x a day. upon getting all those ugly pimples, i reached for the bp and queen helen's mint julep mask. i know i wasnt supposed to use it, but coundnt resist--theyre such HUGE pimples!!! so anyways, im not gona count the past two weeks. i willstart counting again after this saturday. this better work!!

Question to Kissesb1, what do you do when you get a big pimple/major breakout on this stuff?? the pimple will just grow bigger if you dont do anything to it but use the wash once a day.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
    kissesb1
    (female)

kissesb1 HB User

ok..hi everybody!

to eldergod first...i can only say that when i started the treatment i had very oily skin, not too many blemishes and alot of red marks. so that sounds kinda like you. i immediately noticed an improvement in the way my complexion looked and that was just using the soap, scrub and moisturizer. as i have said, it was really the first time i had used a moisturizer as part of my regimen, and it seemed to help with the oiliness ALOT. so just give it a try, and give it time and don't get discouraged. as far as the red marks are concerned...carleys does not claim to get rid of them...but mine have definately improved. i think it could be partly just natural healing...since i have not gotten very many new spots on top of the old ones!!! but they are not red anymore..more like a lite brown and they look like they are breaking up.

bboy-i am new to the camellia oil...i use it very spareingly on the red spots..i guess i have been using it abt 2 weeks or so...it has not broken me out, but again..i use it spareingly. it is supposed to help with scarring and red marks from what i read on this board somewhere. i need to give it more time before i decide if it works for me or not.

sourpunch-awww! so sorry you had such a bad break out. i have not had an all-out break out but i did have 2 nasty pimples just before my last period. what did i do? got really frustrated lol. and i toughed it out..TRIED not to pick but i did and i have one new red spot where the worst pimple was. then i had two more start to come up...but for some reason they never did come all the way up and they have compeletely vansihed now.

i left the scrub on those areas just alittle bit longer than usual. and used bare minerals makeup to cover them. thats it..

i was on ebay the other day and i noticed that juliets has something called "on the spot" for use on new pimples. it sounds really good, but i have no idea yet. i ordered it for a penny plus shipping. it says it is all-natural, so i thought i would try that too for my occassional spots and for my sons. i will let you know how it goes. i thought it would be good for when you feel like you just GOTTA do something besides the wash. sourpunch, maybe you could try that too?

i wish i could help more.

kisses

Old 05-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
    MA_mom
    (female)

MA_mom HB User

hey guys... I've been a "carleys" addict for 3 weeks now. My skin is really clearing up nicely.. very few bumps are really turning into full blown zits. Thanks for mentioning this stuff!!! I would have never tried it..lol.
    Kisses...i know what you mean about being a health nut now. I figured it must be that sodium lauryl sulfate crud making me breakout so i even use an all natural shampoo ( brand is aubreys organics) that i found at a local health food store.
    The moiisturizer is great... but im a little afraid to try the night time one. I have a sample but i dont want to break out.
    What i did want to ask is if anyone is using a weekly mask with their carleys regimen. I have no idea what to use. I remember someone posting about it but can't find the name.
    if anyone could help i'd appreciate it.
    thanks

Old 05-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
    kissesb1
    (female)

kissesb1 HB User

lindsay, were you thinking of : LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Bio-Fresh All Natural Mask or LUSH Mask of Magnaminty..i copied that from a previous post by iceboi. i have not tried that yet, but it sounds like it might be good.

i have switched to all natural shampoos too and toothpaste! walgreens has a brand called closys II which i like alot.

i go easy on all of the moisturizers, i still have that paranoia that they will break me out. but i gotta say, to me, the nighttime moisturizer seems lighter than the daytime stuff! i have been using it w/out a problem.

so glad this is working out for you i think many of us are allergic to those cruddy sls's and parabens!!

Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
    MA_mom
    (female)

MA_mom HB User

kisses... i went to the LUSH website but when i looked in the ingredients of some of the masks they still had methylparaben in it. I'm going to look into some other things...I'll try to go to the natural foods store tomorrow and see if she has any suggestions. The funny thing is that last July I went to her store and she told me not to use any of the products with SLS and parabens... but I didnt listen.....lol. unbelievable.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:32 AM   #9
    kissesb1
    (female)

kissesb1 HB User

ok well let me know what she suggests!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
    MA_mom
    (female)

MA_mom HB User

I found a website that has an all natural volcanic ash clay mask. It's pretty cheap too... might give it a try. The brand is " our fathers" health products. I just googled for "all natural face mask" and it came back with some good ( and inexpensive) results.
    I did get a few zits today... but probably because it's that time of the month. oh well not nearly as bad as it could be.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #11
    iceboi
    (male)

iceboi HB User

Hey people!!

I'm still using Carley's Line just the Soap, Day Lotion, and night time moisturizer. So far going really really well.

For masks I'm still using LUSH Cosmetic Warrior it's been working great for active spots that I just want to pick off but can't (afraid of scarring). I also use another Natural clay mask all natural as well when i'm out of the LUSH one... it's called Aztec Clay mask sold in healthstores. ingredients are 100% Bentonite Clay about $4 for 1 pound of it and all you do is add water to about 4 spoon fulls of this powdery clay and put it on the face for about 15-30 mins.

The thing about parebens it's in all products... Even Carley's Has a paraben if you look at the ingredients.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
    inloveJAA

inloveJAA HB User

Kisses:

Hey there!! I'm into all natural things and homeopathy...what is this Carleys and where do you purchase it. Also, when you say wheatgrass shots, what exactly do you mean? I'd like to try it. I'm currently on a good vitamin/herbal supplement program from my homeopathic doctor, I think that's helping a lot with my skin. But I need a good new face wash and moisturizer, and I would prefer it to be all natural/organic.

let me know,
    thanks a lot!
    Anna

Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #13
    susilee
    (female)

susilee HB User

hello, this is my second update, I have been using it for over a week now and I am liking it alright. I have a few new pimples in areas where I have never gotten before, which would normally **** me off, but it seems like carleys is working better on improving my overall complexion, the red marks I had are really fading and my skin is feeling really nice. So despite the fact that i have a few more pimples then usual I think I will stick with this and see how it goes, only been 1 week, so I will continue unless I have a major breakout (i'm dreading the arrival of my period!) I have one question for anyone out there though using this, I wear makeup throughout the day and I dont feel the soap alone is enough to make me feel clean at night so I use the scrub as well, but in the mornings I work out and I really need a good clean after that as well so I have been using the scrub as well in the morning. I know it says not to use twice in a day, but I feel if I dont, it just wont be enough for me and I dont want to go back to using my neutrogena because I think adding another product will probably be worse. do you think this is ok? I havnt noticed any problems within the last few days, but if this will be worse for me in the long run I dont want to screw myself over, also do you think it would be alright to use a spot treatment on new ones? Thanks for any advice, goodluck to everyone else

Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #14
    beatboxkid
    (male)

beatboxkid HB User

personally I thought carleys clear and smooth was rubbish, it made my skin dry and red, gave me more spots and it also made my hands hurt from rubbing it on my skin, they were very dry and sore........

at the end of the day it might work for some people, but personally i found it a complete wwaste of money just like proactive really!!!

Old 05-05-2006, 04:52 AM   #15
    kissesb1
    (female)

kissesb1 HB User

inlove-the product is carleys clear and smooth, it is a very simple program of natural soap and a scrub that does include either 2% or 5% bp depending on which one you order. if you do a search and get to their website, be sure to click on "product description" for a detailed list of their ingredients and great explanations as to why they use what they use. basically shea butter and essential oils..the mositurizer is great too, and inlcudes jojoba oil and sunflower oil..they use a non-paraben preservative and no sls's.

i have always taken my vitamins, but have really ramped it up lately lol. wheatgrass juice is very high in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, efa's...you name it. it is supposed to be very healthy and healing. it is a great way to start the day! i buy it at whole foods and it is a bit pricey 12.99 for 10 "shots"...its frozen into small squares which you let set in alittle bit of water and then drink. i figure it costs alittle less than the soda i used to buy everyday at work. oh it tastes like fresh cut grass or what i would imagine it would taste like.

susilee-i am really not sure about using the scrub twice a day. keep an eye on your skin and make sure you don't get any redness or worsening of your acne. they seem to be pretty insistant that you only use it once, and no spot treatments that have sa, or bp or anything like that. they say it could counteract the treatment, causing your skin to get worse. i mentioned that i found an all-natural spot treatment on ebay the other day, but i havent recvd it yet i'll let you know when it do. it was by juliets if you want to look it up. btw, i have always had extemely oily skin...i just use the soap and a moisturizer at night now. it is hard to do this simple regimen...you feel like you really want to do more, but you really don't need to.

beatboxkid-i agree that not everything works for everybody. there are tips on the website (and on the bottle i think) about what to do if you get red or break out worse. and they do ask that you try it for 8 weeks minimum. i hope you find the right thing for you.

well good luck everyone.

kisses

Closed Thread