It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• August Moms/August Babies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #31
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User
    Re: August Moms/August Babies

Laur, Thats great! I remember when Kierra was at that stage...but not long afterward she realized when we'd let go that she was standing all by herself and you could see her panic...LOL...I have one picture that I caught of her standing in front of the couch but not holding on and it is the funniest/sweetest look of panic on her face...my MIL loves that picture. Kierra didn't start walking more than a couple steps until she was a couple weeks past her 1st birthday (I'd have to check to make sure but I am pretty sure it was around then)...and even then, I had to bribe her with cheese, but the night she figured it out, she was ALL over the place!

Kaden is doing good walking along the furniture, sometimes he forgets and turns to look behind him and loses his balance but he's doing pretty good otherwise...its his crawling thats getting him into trouble. He has taken the heater vent covers off, chewed on the curtains, chewed on the rugs, pulled out all my recipe books, chewed on Kierras books, tried to get at the VCR and movie cases behind the TV stand window...you name it... Lastnight I was doing dishes and DH said to come look at Kaden...when I walked around the corner I saw him completly under the splatter mat we have, the only thing you could see is his head and hands because he was chewing in the mat. LOL.

Yesturday we planted a strawberry patch...I'm anxious to see if they come back next year since I have no green thumbs, which is why last year I planted all perinials so I don't have to worry about them...this is actually the second time I try strawberries....the first time I bought a strawberry pot, it was great, we had lots of strawberries...well, Kierra did anyway...but the next spring they didn't come back, I found out afterward that they only come back if they are planted in the ground. So I guess time will tell... I wonder if we'll even get strawberries this year...only 2 of the 10 plants I planted had leaves already. I'll let you know.

Well, it was great to hear from you all, I'll talk to you soon,
    Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #32
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User
    Re: August Moms/August Babies 2005

Hello all!

Troy has now figured out how to stand in his crib! It was so cute yesterday b/c he was crying when I put him down for his nap and we went in to give him his soother and he was standing. We couldn't help but laugh and then Troy thought he would be cute and giggle..so of course he was wide awake and wouldn't go down...now I think he figured if he stands we'll pick him up...so this morning i didn't pick him up, I just layed him down each time he stood up and then finally he stayed down and fell asleep.

Also, he is starting to sleep on his tummy or on his side with his face smushed up against the bumper pad. I usually put him back onto his back but he ends up going to where he was before. I have the bumper pads pushed down far into the side of his mattress..pretty much where I could actually take them out b/c they aren't serving any purpose other then Troy cuddling into the side and looking cute

I hope he starts to cruise along the furniture like your babies are doing! And, i think he's going to start to crawl within the next few weeks!

And, for those of you still breastfeeding..how many times a day are you bfing and when? I bf Troy when he wakes up.. an hour after lunch...an hour before supper and before he goes to bed. I also mix 2oz of formula with this cereal b/c I was still bfing him before lunch and realized that he didn't need it anymore and found that he will go from 9:00am to 12:00pm w/o nursing and putting formula into his cereal. I will give him 2oz of formula sometimes with his lunch if I find that he's fussy.

Well..I'll be back later!
    Take care.
    S

m/c *angel* 10 weeks July/04
    IUI's-2 for bfp Sept 27/07

Last edited by S&J; 05-09-2006 at 09:26 AM.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #33
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

Well it sounds like all our little ones are really getting mobile, and to the stage where they get into a lot of 'fun' trouble. It's so funny to read what they are all doing.

I finally got Logan's room painted. I know, I know, he's 9 months, but we had to worry about getting so much else done on the house in order to get our final mortgage from the bank. His room is a Noah's Ark theme, so I painted the bottom half of the room to look like the sea, with waves on top. The upper part of the room is a nice sky colour. I have some big wall stickers of an ark, and some animals. It turned out pretty good, considering I am not artistic AT ALL! I also want to paint some clouds in the sky, and get some sea animal stickers for in the ocean.

As for #2, I agree with S&J and Kiedy... two years apart would be good. I hadn't really been thinking about it at all, until my period was so late and I thought it was a possibility. Since then I have been feeling very excited about being pregnant again. I kind of realized up until now, that I still felt like I was still going through pregnancy and post pregnancy stuff. Now I realized it's really all over, and I could get pregnant again. I think we will start to try shortly after Logan's one year birthday as well. We got pregnant really quick the first time too, so I don't want to start too early! I want to make sure I will have worked for a year, so I can get maternity leave. I can't believe this year is up in less than a month

Logan went to the doc yesterday for his check up, and he is 26 pounds, 31 inches. He is still off the charts, but just barely. She said he is a good healthy boy, and to continue whatever I'm doing. That was nice to hear.

Kiedy, good luck with the plants. I know how you feel, I don't even have any plants anymore, cause I just can't keep them alive.

Last edited by Laur77; 05-09-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #34
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

S
    Thats so cute I probably would have laughed too...good thing you shared your story...I'll have to remember to stiffle my giigle and just lay him back down when he figures that part out...right now all he does is roll or pull himself to the far end of his crib...closest to the door, and he lays on his belly watching until you come in.

Kaden sometimes rolls over and falls asleep on his belly too...I leave him as long as he is in the middle of his crib, if he's near the bumper pads I will turn him over, but I weaved his bumper pads in and out between each bar of his crib so there is more breathing space if he does roll up next to it...I had thought of removing the pads altogether but lately Kaden has been getting his feet/legs caught in the bars more often and I know if I do remove them that it will happen alot more so I may keep them on longer.

To get Troy cruising along the furniture sit on the ground (for catching purposes) and stand him up next to the couch, then take one of his favorite toys and put it at one end of the couch and help him walk over and get the toy...then move the toy to the other side so he has to walk back the other way...I just kept moving the toy back and forth so he'd practise...the first couple days he was a bit unsteady but the more we did it the better he got.

I find Kaden doesn't nurse much during the day...but don't forget the little monster wakes his Mom up every 4 hours at night for feedings still...here's a rough idea of what we do starting with our evening schedule...

*He has cereal and veggies and fruit at 8:30pm and nurses to top him off before bed...he's in bed by around 9pm.
    *He'll usually wake up at 1,5,8 to nurse
    *We get up for the day between 10 and 11 and he'll eat cereal and veggies and fruit and cheerios (because he likes to feed himself his finger foods) shortly after he gets up.
    *Then about 1 1/2 hours later he'll nurse and go for a nap.
    *Shortly after he gets up from his nap, if he gets cranky, he might nurse and have a snack (fruit, bread or cheerios). And have lunch with Kierra and I...either cereal and veggies and fruit or he may have soup and crushed crackers (unsalted) with his finger foods (bread or cheerios or puffed wheat)
    *He eats with all of us at supper time, he'll have cereal and veggies and fruit again and some table food as well as his finger foods.
    *Then we do the 8:30pm feeding again and complete the cycle.

But I find nursing during the day that he doesn't drink much at all, it's almost as if he's scared he's going to miss something because he's always stopping to look around or squirming.

I tried giving him formula the other day...hoping that maybe he'd drink it so he'd sleep longer...that was a waste...I swear this kid is going to be attached at the boob until he starts kindergarden! LOL joking...with Kierra I nursed her to 9 months then did formula until she started whole milk after her 1st birthday...I was hoping Kaden would start taking formula so I could possibly wean him...but I don't think this is going to be easy...I think I may have to nurse him until he's onto whole milk...if he even takes that! I tried putting the formula in a sippy cup and he still didn't drink it.

Well, I should go. I can hear Kaden is playing in his crib, he hasn't even slept yet...he's fighting his nap.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 05-09-2006 at 12:23 PM.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #35
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Hi guys,

Couldn't post earlier, I was busy putting up the safty gate. The darn thing is adult proof too, it took me forever to figure out how to open it, and then again how to close it.

Joanne, you made me laugh, Avery is the same way when he nurses, it's soo funny. A lot of the time he will actually be sitting up or almost crawling away WHILE nursing. I never know when he is actually finished, b/c he stops, grabs the remote, chews on it, only to come back for more. So for about half an hour I just sit there w/ my shirt up.
    S&J, Avery still nurses about 3 times a day, 1st am, then after his first nap around 12ish, and right before bed. It must be so cute to find Troy standing in his crib, Avery lately started sitting up in his crib when he doesn't want to sleep. This afternoon I put him in the swing b/c he wouldn't go down for his nap. After 15min I finally when it, b/c he was giggling, only to find him sitting up in the swing (the seat was completly reclined), holding to the leg of the swing (so it wasn't swinging) and tring to take a bite at it. It was very funny, but it did scare me a little bit, b/c one of his legs was up, and he could have pulled him self out. I will never put him in the swing during the day again, b/c he is too alert and frankly too big for it.

I'm so tired, he is pulling him self where-ever he gets a chance. I'm constantly running after him. He loves our broom, this afternoon he pulled himself to the chair where the broom was leaning, I ran up to make sure he didn't fall down w/ it, only to have him hit me w/ it on my head. I'm soo sore. Today alone, he bit me on the arm at least 5 times, hit me on the head w/ the broom and remote, and dropped 2 big candles on my foot. I dont' know how much more of the abuse I can take.

laur, I'm like you. When I first got my period, I was sad b/c it meant that my preggo was truely over, but now that I can get preggo again, I find myself kind of excited. I worry though that once I do concieve, I won't enjoy it (b/c of hormonal changes)
    Joanne, did you enjoy both of your preggo the same or one more/less than the other??

Oh, I'm having HUGE problem feeding AVEry. He refuses anything but fruit, he gets soo mad if I give him anything else. I don't know what happend. He was so good. For over 3 mo now, I would always give him veggies w/ cereal, then fruit. But now he spits it all up and screams. The only other thing he tolerates is meat. What am I going to do? I took the fruit completly out for 2 days, it was a nightmare, feeding would take close to an hour. If I alternate fruit w/ veggies and meat, it takes 10min. So w/ a little bit of fruit I can have him eat everything else, but I dont' understand why he cries everytime I put it in his mouth, any ideas???

Old 05-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #36
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

kiedy- we bought a safety gate too as Troy is rolling everywhere..but we have to take it back b/c it doesn't quite fit our banisters. You are getting a lot of abuse from Avery Troy has started to bite dh and pull on his chest hair..lol
    As for the eating..Maybe he's not hungry? I find sometimes that i have to mix fruit in with Troy's lunch and dinner too. And, if he fusses while eating I'll wait a bit before offering him food again.

joanne - Does Kaden take a bottle? I forget I'm debating whether I should give Troy a bottle of formula for his afternoon breastfeed. I guess I could say i'm going to start weaning a little bit. And, just breastfeed in the morning..before supper and at bedtime and then he would have a bit of formula with this cereal and after lunch....do you think that's too many times to give milk?
    Also, thanks for the suggestion to get Troy cruising!

Laur- that's my idea too..work for at least a year before having the next baby. We';re kind of hoping that we can conceive on our own that's why we're going to try for 6mos and then if nothing..start IUI's. And, by that time if we do get pregnant I'll have worked enough time! I think dh would be happy if i was preggo now! But. nope I'm not ready!

Well...we're going to do some yard work!
    Take care everyone!
    S

Old 05-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #37
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Kiedy,
    I think I'm going to pack the swing up, the last time I put Kaden in it because he wouldn't sleep, I went in about 10 minutes later to find him sitting up and the swing couldn't swing with his weight distributed like that...now that he can sit himself up in it I think its done...I could just picture him leaning a bit further forward and getting stuck hanging upside down.

One of my books mentioned that we may find they have temporary sleep disturbances around now because they are so excited they are learning how to crawl, walk, stand that they want to practise...the book said it would be temporary.

Kaden has gotten better with his abusiveness...remember a while ago I mentioned how he would hit or pull hair, he stopped hitting and now only occasionally pulls hair...I think he knows what "Be Nice" means now. So it's probably just a stage they go through, you just have to teach them how to be nice...whenever he'd be rough, I would hold Kadens hand and help him gently rub his hand down my face and say "Nice" at the same time...he'd laugh.

Funny how you said Avery likes the remote, so does Kaden, the other day DH was holding him and the next thing I hear is Kaden crying as if it was the end of the world...I walked in the living room and asked what happened and it was because DH tried to take the remote away to change the channel. LOL...needless to say DH gave the remote back real quick.

I enjoyed both pregnancies the same...I found I was able to have more rest and relaxation with the first one though because I could nap whenever I wanted...but when I was pregnant with Kaden I had Kierra at home and I couldn't nap when I wanted, and I was running around with her or dealing with everyday life with a 2 year old so I was much more tired. Plus I think because I had already been through pregnancy and labour, my body seemed to change much quicker so I think the last trimester was tougher because I was bigger and things just ached more. But otherwise I'd do it all over again if I were younger...which reminds me I gotta get DH to re book that vasectomy again...I swear he just cancelled it because he was too scared to go through with it.

Kaden will usually eat most of his veggies (as long as he likes them) if he starts to get fussy I'll alternate a spoon of fruit then a spoon of veggies and he will usually finish all his food. Or if he is really cranky about the veggies, I will just mix the fruit right in the veggies...but since I've been adding tablefood to his food he seems to not be as picky anymore, the flavour must be more appealing...I just cut up/mash some of whatever we are eating for supper and add it to his cereal and veggies and that seems to do the trick. Kierra did the same thing once I started feeding her tablefood...almost as if she was refusing baby food and requesting tablefood. Maybe that is his signal that he wants more flavour from the tablefood. Try adding some tablefood in and see if that helps....I add mashed pasta, veggies, finely cut up meat, small bit of gravy, whatever it is we are eating, so is he...along with his baby food/cereal.

S
    Kaden will take a bottle occasionally...but only if he is still half asleep and doesn't realize its a bottle, otherwise he wont have anything to do with it, which is why I think weaning him will be harder than it was with Kierra. I told a friend of mine and she said...."Yeah...boys really do like their boobs" LOL

My boss called me yesturday and wants me to come back to work early...he said even if it's just one day a week because he is having a huge problem with staff...I hope he realizes now how good he has it with me. I don't think he realized how much work I actually did before. I think I may help him out...I called the unemployment office and I can earn up to $89.00/week before they start deducting my unemployment benefits....so I can work about a 5 hour shift a week...which isn't that bad....but I know I have my work cut out for me.

We bought a tent trailer this week. We are camping lovers so it'll be nice to have a tent trailer with the kids rather than the tent. They make tent trailers so much nicer now then they used to...I remember when I was about 6 we went camping and I woke up one morning at about 4 or 5am because the sun was just coming up but my legs were sooo cold...turns out I somehow had slipped one leg out the side snaps or velcro of the trailer so it was hanging out there and I had about 150 mosquito bites....imagine what someone walking by to go to the bathrooms must have thought seeing a leg hanging out of the end of a trailer. LOL They don't make them open like that nowdays so that won't happen again. This trailer even has hot water and an outdoor shower so I can hose the kids down or fill a tub to wash them. We are going camping the first weekend in June.

I forgot to mention yesturday....did anyone watch Mondays Dr.Phil show? I cried like you would not believe! It was about a Mom of 5 kids between the ages 7months and 10 years who wrote in because she is scared her anger will permanently hurt her kids if she doesn't get help. They showed video from her home and she was hitting her kids and verbally abusive and it was sooo sad. I cried and asked Kierra to come so I could hug her and tell her I love her, she asked why I was crying and I said because that Mommy was very mean to her kids and I felt sorry for the kids and I never want to be a mean Mommy like her and Kierra said,"Don't worry Mommy, you'll be normal" She made me smile but I felt such sadness for those poor little kids. I'm anxious to see if Dr.Phil will have them back on to see if the Mom did turn things around. Then lastnight I was watching House and it was about a mother who had some sort of liver condition I think that caused her to hillucinate and hear voices and she went into convusions while having a bath and her newborn baby almost drowned then while in the hospital when both Mom and Baby were getting better (so they thought) the Mom tried smothering the baby..the baby ended up passing away and then they figured out what was wrong with the Mom later...but I cried again! I know thats just a show but it makes you think about the fact that things like that do happen in the world and sometimes the Moms don't even have any conditions that make them do that, sometimes they just don't want their babies...this is why if we ever have another baby it will be a baby we adopt from someone who doesn't want it....we will give that baby the love and nurturing they deserve.

OK....I've rambled on long enough...sorry guys, I don't ever mean to write as much as I do, I just keep forgetting to say things.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 05-10-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #38
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Joanne- We bought a tent trailer too! We're going camping May long weekend if the weather is nice!
    My heart felt heavy reading your thoughts on those shows It's hard to believe that people do have those feelings..my siblings and I are a product of adoption and it's the best thing that could have happened to us and I'm happy that you feel that you would adopt!

Troy has been a cranky pants this evening..I think his teeth are hurting him

Take care!
    S

Old 05-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #39
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

S
    That is too funny that you bought a trailer too! Wouldn't that be hilarious if we went camping at the same place some weekend and didn't know it? We try to avoid camping on the long weekends because it's so busy. We usually go camping up by Whitecourt, Carson-Pegasus, but we like Crimson Lake too by Rocky Mountain House...we haven't been there for a couple years but plan on going this summer.
    Next month DH is going on a golf trip then I'm hoping we'll take a few days to go down to Calgary so we can visit the zoo...I was there once when I was small, but really don't remember and the kids would love it I'm sure.

Kaden was a bit cranky tonight too, but I think its because we did some running around today and he fell asleep while we were shopping so I think ot threw off his schedule a bit so he ended up getting tired earlier. Plus he took a couple spills while crawling and reaching for things today.

Well, I gotta go, have some shows to watch.
    Talk to you all soon.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #40
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

Hi Guys

Joanne, we had to put our swing away awhile ago too. Logan just wasn't interested in it anymore. It was like he was saying, hey I can't get anywhere in this thing, let me out! Plus with his weight, it wouldn't actually really swing anymore. He also seems to have lost interest in his jolly jumper and exersaucer. I think he feels too trapped. He likes to move. He is CONSTANTLY moving. He will not sit in my lap, he fights to get down. My mom is going to babysit him 3 days a week when I go back to work, and she is like, I don't know if I am going to be able to keep up with this guy! I said, ah it'll keep you young! I miss getting to cuddle him though

Kiedy, I don't know about the veggies. Maybe in a couple days, he'll get past it and want to eat them again? Logan bites a lot too. I have welts all over my arm. And the more I tell him no, the more he does it. He thinks it's a fun game. So now I try to say no, then distract him with something.

Logan LOVES remotes too. We took the batteries out of an old one and gave it to him. That's his remote. So when he tries to go after mine, I hand him his and we're both happy.

We would really love to get a tent trailer too. I think we will look around for some used ones. We love to camp as well, but don't think it would be too much fun in our little tent. There already is hardly enough room for the two of us and our massive dog, never mind Logan and everything that goes with him. We thought we would take a big trip this summer through the New England states, camping along the way. But now we are not sure how Logan will do with that much driving. That reminds me, I wanted to get a passport for him. Not sure if I will be able to get holidays anyway just having gone back to work. If I do, we may just see if we can use my aunt and uncles cottage for a week.

S&J, my best friend needed IUI to get pregnant with her little girl. When her gal was seven months old, surprise, she was pregnant again! They weren't using much protection as they didn't figure they could get pregnant that way. I know that's just one case, but you never know. She had tried for a year to get pregnant the first time before IUI. I can't imagine that stress. I can't imagine the disappointment each month. Hope it works out for you as well.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #41
    S&J
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

S&J HB User

Laur- that's great about your friend! We're hoping that we can conceive on our own..we tried for almost 2 yrs and then had 4 iui's..m/c after the 2nd one But, we're soo happy for Troy!!
    Troy is also starting to wiggle around everywhere too....when he's on the floor he wants up and when he's with me he wants down!! It's time for his nap..

I'll be back later!!
    Take care everyone!!

I wonder where booboo is?
    S

Old 05-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #42
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Hi guys and happy mother's day for us all.

It was a busy day for me today, I took the dog to get her yearly vaccines and talked to the vet about her anxiety. She agreed that it has to do w/ my ignoring her since the baby came. Also she was given to SPCA when the previous owners had a baby too, so this probobly reminds her of the time when she was abandoned. So when DH came home, I left DS w/ him, and took the dog to the park, just the two of us. I also promissed myself to give her more attention, especially when DS is napping.

Laur, DS also thinks it's funny when I scream after he bites me. I try not to react like that, but it's so darn painful. Now that I tell him not to do something, he laughs and says "na, na, na, na" b/c often I say, no, no, no. It's hard to be mad or serious.
    Avery's favorite toy besides the remote, is my cell phone. He goes absolutely crazy when he sees it. I tried giving him an old one, but it didn't work as well for me. After examining it for couple of seconds, he recognizes that it's a 'fake' and throws it on the floor.

I wish I could go camping as much as you guys do. We travel a lot w/ DS, but it's mostly in cars or on a plane.

S&J I'm happy that IUI worked for you well, our friends have been trying to get preggo for close to 2yrs now too, but find the IUI option rather expensive. But of course that may be the only option for them. There is a group of 5 girls, and all but them have given birth to children already and are now planning number 2's. They are so optimistic though. I don't know how they do it.

Oh, his eating has improved slightly, he now will eat squash w/ cereal. So maybe it was just a temperary strike. I gave him the water from my soup and he LOVED it. He was spitting out the rice and small chunks of chicken, but he just couldn't get enough of the water.

I should go, pretty tired, tty.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #43
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Laur,
    We looked at used trailers too but were surprised to find that they weren't much less than the new ones. There was a 2001(so 5 years old) of the exact trailer we bought in the Bargain Finder and it was maybe $2000.00 less, so we ended up just going with the newer one because then we got the warranty and we can make monthly payments on it.

Kiedy,
    Thats nice that you can set aside special time for the dog too. I know I tried to spend extra time with Ebony when she was still with us but after she passed away I had regrets that I didn't do more with her...I know now that I did all I could do given being pregnant tired and uncomfortable but I felt guilty remembering that for 7 years Ebony was our baby then we had Kierra then a few years after were pregnant with Kaden and I wondered if she ever felt displaced even though she did adjust great.

I went to Walmart today and bought some more baby food, but this time I got the big tall jars for 8 months old and up and they had Heinz Mom's Recipe type meals that sound yummy...like Lemon Chicken, or Chicken Risoto...they are a bit chunky so it teaches them to eat more textured foods. I'll let you know what Kaden thinks of them.

Kaden is having a rough day today...earlier Kierra and I were wrapping my mom and MIL's mothers day presents and Kaden had been playing in the living room until the next thing I know I see our 6 foot silk tree come falling down, I assume he tried to use the pot to pull himself up. I think it scared him more than anything, he did come away with a bit of bark burn on his forehead from the tree trunk, but nothing serious...it didn't bleed, when it happened it looked just like when you lightly scratch yourself and you have a white scratch mark. But when he woke up from his nap it had turned red. Then a few hours later he was fussing so I went to pick him up and he went to roll over as I reached for him and I accidently scratched the other side of his forehead with the little bit of nails that I have...I specifically keep them short so I don't scratch the kids by accident, and I still ended up scratching him!

Poor kid. This is his first big boo boo.

What are all of you guys doing for Mothers Day? Both my Mom and MIL live too far away to celebrate it with them so DH is going to make me breakfast then we are packing a picnic and we are taking a drive to the lake we plan to go camping at next month so we can pick out some sites to reserve. Kierra loves picnics and it'll be nice to get away from the city for a day. It's a 1 1/2 hour drive there. We bought Kierra a fishing rod for camping, I don't know how well it will work though, its a Dora The Explorer one.

Well, I should go, take care and enjoy your Mother's Days everyone.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 05-13-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #44
    Kiedy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiedy HB User

Hi guys,

Hope you all had a good mother's day. We went out for dinner the night before, a charity event. It was first night we had teenage babysitter looking after Avery, I was really anxious and couldn't wait to go home, but all turned out well. Sunday am, DH let me sleep in, made me breakfast in bed, got me 2 cards, one from him and one from AVery, and whole bunch of decorating magazines (for our future house).

We have looked at couple of houses that are good potentials and now can't decide which one to buy. They're both a little far from work (11min, here b/c it's a small town if you're further than 5min from downtown, you're VERY far away). I used to drive 30min to school and that was soo close, but mentality here is so different. So I dont' know what we will do.

Avery is into everything lately, especially in the bathroom. He loves opening and closing the doors and getting his fingers stuck. Also, we're constantly out of toilet paper, b/c he pulls it all out.

Hope you're all well. Joanne, I scrached DS couple times too, so don't feel bad. Now that DS is more mobile, he has bruises on his legs and is always scratched somewhere.
    The dog is still snapping at DS when he crawls up to her, have you had that problem w/ your pets.

Talk to you later.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #45
    Laur77
    Veteran
    (female)

Laur77 HB User

Hi guys

Well Mother's Day was a big disappointment for me. We went to the hockey game the night before (Sens vs Buffalo) and didn't get home and into bed until 1:00. So I figured being Mother's Day, DH would let me sleep in even though it was his day (and neither of us slept in Saturday, even though that is supposed to be my day). Well when Logan woke up, DH rolled over and went back to sleep. So I got up, fed him, dressed him, played for a bit. Then DH woke up about 8:30. I asked if he enjoyed his big sleep in on Mother's Day. And he said, I kid you not, "Well, you're not MY mother". I said, no but I am A mother, and I am the mother of YOUR child. He was like, oh....guess I didn't really think of it like that. Then later he was all worried about what he was going to do for his mother, and asked if I minded if he invited her over (and we don't even care too much for his mother). I finally blew and said, you know this is Mother's Day for me too you know! You don't even care about doing anything for me, even so much as saying HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, yet you are worried about doing something for your mother, who you can't even stand!! Then I started to cry,and he finally got that I was a little upset. I said, I think I do a lot around here, and you could at least show some appreciation for the mother of your child. He was like, oh, I thought Mother's Day was just for your own mother. Okay, my DH is pretty dense when it comes to these things, but I really can't believe he didn't even clue in, 'hmmm mother's day...whose a mother around here? oh ya, my wife!'. D-uh. So after I bawled my eyes out, he kind of finally "got it", and then felt really bad and cleaned the entire house, and made a big supper. Which was nice, but not nice how it had to happen.

Anyway, that is my rant. Kiedy, my dog snaps and barks at Logan too. All though he knows it's bad, because it's just kinda a half one, then he looks at me all guilty. And I yell at him and throw him out of the house. He wants nothing to do with Logan. He runs away when Logan comes near. All though, now he is starting to realize that maybe Logan can play with him, because one day, I could not believe it, the dog dropped his ball right in front of Logan and then wagged his tail like he wanted Logan to throw it for him. So I guess that's a start.

Well, I am getting kicked off the computer, so I'll write more later.

Closed Thread