It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• CLOMID and HCG shot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User
    Question CLOMID and HCG shot

hi everyone!

it's been awhile since my last post... anyway, I changed doc after my 3 cycles of clomid with my previous doc ... right now, with my new doc i'm taking metformin 1,500 mg/day, vit e 400iu and vitmains w/ folic acid... she let me took clomid again with my recent cycle and I have 2cm follicle last may 24 so she gave me HCG shot (pregnyl 5000iu) on the same day... and she instruct us to have contact starting that day... i don't know what to expect... i mean, i'm in the waiting game again... is there anyone here who knows what are the chances for me to get pregnant with my new medication and with the hcg shot... i hope this time it will work...

baby dust to everyone...

chelle

The following user gives a hug of support to angelchelle1017:
    lakeishadh (02-26-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
    dnclark
    (female)

dnclark HB User
    Re: CLOMID and HCG shot

Hi Angel,
    I too am using Metformin, clomid & HCG trigger shot. I am now in my second cycle of doing this. My follicles seem to be responding correctly to the clomid (plus, after taking the hcg trigger shot I had ovulation pain in my back), but we have not had any success yet. Late month I got my AF on day 30 and I am in the waiting period for this month. I took my shot on May 16th, and my DH and I did our "timed relations". I did a hpt on Sunday, and it was a BFN, but still waiting for the Dr. appt at the end of this week (that is, if AF doesn't show her face) to find out if I am pregnant.

I too am curious to know if anyone has had sucess doing this. I just don't know if we can afford to go on to IUI. My insurance doesn't pay for any of this..... Please let me know if you have success.

~D~

Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User

i'm still waiting for the right time to test... actually, this is the hardest part for me... the waiting game ... i don't know if i should have a bed rest till the time for my ptest... my doctor did not say that but i am observing that i frequent feel backache and light cramping... i don't know if the fertilization is already happening... oh God how i wish!!! or it's just stress... hope to have a BFP this time...

keep me updated with yours... lots and lots of baby dust to all of us!!! i'm praying for you too... we'll soon have our angels!!!

Last edited by angelchelle1017; 06-01-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
    dnclark
    (female)

dnclark HB User

I know, this whole waiting period is aweful. I wish that you could know the first day that it all happens. I have been counting the days...when can I test?..when did I get AF last time?...I think I am seriously driving myself mad!

My dh and I have been ttc for 3 years. At first we were just seeing an OB and he diagnosed me with PCOS. So I have been on Metformin for almost 2 1/2 years. He also gave us clomid to use and the first month I got pg, but ended in miscarriage on week 8. So, now we are with an RE and this is our second cycle with the combination of Metformin, Clomid and HCG trigger shot (we are using Ovidril).

From what I have been reading, some people have sucess vy the 3rd cycle.

I wish you all the luck in the world and will be crossing my fingers for you. Hang in there, you only have a couple more days before you can test. I'll keep you updated on what my test results are next week (ha- like I can wait that long to test ).

Many prayers to you!

~D~

Old 06-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
    dnclark
    (female)

dnclark HB User
    Talking Re: CLOMID and HCG shot- I got a BFP!!!

BFP!!! I couldn't wait any longer, so on my way home tonight I picked up a hpt and I got two lines!!!! Today would be day 17 after my HCG shot. I just tested on Saturday (Day 11 after HCG) and got a negative. So, keep your head up and hold out as long as you can before testing. I know the urge is hard, but worth it! I go next week for my bloodwork, and hopefully I will get the same result. I know that I won't be absolutly excited until I hear the results from the Dr. and I get pass the 10 week mark (due to prior mc).

I just had to tell somebody! I am wishing the same results for you!!!

~D~

Old 06-03-2006, 07:43 AM   #6
    ravaemarie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ravaemarie HB User

CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP! Wishing you a healthy 9 months!

~ravae

Old 06-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
    Just~A~
    (female)

Just~A~ HB User

dnclark, Thanks for sharing that BFP (hpt) with us! I can understand your caution, though - to wait for doc appt and get past the 8 week mark. I lost one at 6 wks, so I will probably tell you all, but no one else at first.

keep us posted!
    ~A~

Old 06-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User

CONGRATULATIONS D!!!!

i'm very happy for you!!! you're giving me hope... you're always in my prayer! i know you'll get pass that 8/10 wk mark...

keep us posted okei! take care and relax! you're carrying your precious angel!

i'm so happy for you d! hope to get same result...

chelle

Old 06-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User

guys...

when do you think is the safest day for me to check... the waiting game is really killing me.... huh... i had my af may 14... took clomid day 3-5... had an US and had the hcg shot may 24... when can i check?

thanks! baby dust to everyone!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #10
    Just~A~
    (female)

Just~A~ HB User

angelchelle, June 11 will be 28 days since your last AF. How long are you cycles, usually? I would guess that June 11 would be the "earliest" for the most accurate hpt; but that's just my opinion. Since I'm doing IUI, my doc said to test in 2wks from the IUI since my cycle is all messed up. :-)

Good luck!

~A~

Old 06-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #11
    dnclark
    (female)

dnclark HB User

angelchelle,
    I would agree that you should probably hold off testing. How long are your cycles normally? Mine were usually 31 to 32 days, so I waited longer before I tested. From what I've read, the HCG shot starts to get out of your system by day 10 after the shot, but can sometimes take longer. You wouldn't want to risk a false positive. I would say wait untill at least 14-17 days after you took the HCG shot. When did your Dr. say to come back in for bloodwork?

I am wishing you lots of baby dust!!!

~D~

Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #12
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User

thanks A n D!

my cycle is messed up by clomid... sometimes it's 32, 34, 36... maybe it will be safer if i take the test on june 14 or 15... the waiting game is really a torture...

how are you d? have you met with your doc? keep me posted...

thanks guys for always being there... baby dusts.... lots and lots!!!

mwuah...
    chelle

Old 06-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #13
    dnclark
    (female)

dnclark HB User

Hi Chelle,
    I am doing good. I had my bloodwork drawn on Monday and got the results yesterday afternoon...It really is BFP!!! My HCG level was 549, which they said was pretty good for the first draw. I go back on Thrusday morning to have blood drawn again, so I am hoping for that number to double. I still can't beleive that it is happening. It's been a year and a half since my mc, and it seems like it took me so long to get here. Like I have said before, my DH and I have been trying for a baby for a little over 3 years. I can't remember what my HCG levels were back then, but I just don't see myself getting TOO excited until I make it past the 8th week.

I had some syptoms of sore breasts and I was really thirsty before I took the pg test. This morning I had my first attack of morning sickness(I never had that last time). Are you feeling any different? The hard part fro me was that the syptoms that you get before AF comes, are sometimes the same syptoms as being pg, so you really never know. I hope that you have a BFP!!!

I am really hoping that you get a positive! I'm throwing lots of baby dust your way!

~D~

Old 06-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #14
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User

hi D!

i'm really happy and excited for you... i'm praying this time everything will be okei... everything will go smoothly... except of course for some morning sickness... hehehe...

i sometimes feel my breasts are sore and my nipples ache... i don't get that often before AF... but still, it can be AF symptoms so i'm not getting my hopes up...

take care D! keep me posted... God bless!

lots of baby dust to everybody!

chelle

Old 06-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #15
    angelchelle1017
    (female)

angelchelle1017 HB User

hi guys!

i just can't stop myself... hehehe... i took a hpt... got BFN... hope it's false neg... i guess it's still early for me to test... i just want to get over that urge to take the test... still hoping to get a BFP soon... i'm so stupid... hehehe...

baby dust to all!

chelle

Closed Thread