It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Yaz Birth Control

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #16
    Spacy Lacy
    (female)

Spacy Lacy HB User
    Re: Yaz Birth Control

I'm not taking it but I've read articles that it's suppose to be the BEST for PMDD if anyone has PMDD and tries it let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #17
    Ibycus
    (female)

Ibycus HB User

This is my first month on Yaz. I was previously on the NuvaRing. So far my skin has not cleared up. I started my period three days ago and I don't start taking my placebo pills for another three days. I am going to give it another month since my body is adjusting, but a 7 day period is not cool, especially for a pill that is only supposed to have a 2 day period.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #18
    eb2000
    (female)

eb2000 HB User

hello...i've been on yaz for almost a month...just wanted to add to your skin comment...i also have been blessed to have great skin all my life, just a pimple here or there....this month i have had 3 deep, painful zits. they have cleared but ive never had such deep pimples occur so frequently in my life.

i have not noticed yet about weight gain or weight loss.

one thing though that led me to this forum is b/c i googled fatigue or tiredness as it relates to yaz....for 3 nights in the past week, i have come home, had dinner, and slept for 3 hours and then im ready to go up to bed ever after i wake up. just to tell you about me, i am usually a "night owl" and i thrive at night, whereas im usually tired in the morning and hate to wake up. nothing in my schedule or eating habits have changed. im not used to being this tired....while i would like to get 8 hours of sleep each night, i have survived for years on 5-6 hours on occassion and all of a sudden, my body cant go too long without these long naps. has anyone else experienced such fatigue?

p.s. my breasts are sore every single day.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:03 AM   #19
    phtolvr
    (female)

phtolvr HB User

I just started Yaz myself last month...My doctor told me to take it at night so i'd sleep through any nausea it might cause...I took it and fell asleep at 1030 pm...I'm one who never goes to sleep before 2 am and usually not til 4 am...so i was surprised...I did however wake up at 5 am wide awake and ready for the day that hadn't even really started...that was last month...my next cycle just started and i'm planning changing my pill schedule around so that i don't take them until at least 1 am...I'm hoping it'll let me go back to my normal sleep schedule...as a college student i need my awake time to fit everything i need to fit into my schedule...i'll let you know if it works...

And yes, breast tenderness is my other major issue...blegh...but it's not a huge deal...i'm hoping that might stop by the end of this next cycle...my doctor told me to give any new symptoms a couple of packs before i just give up on it...considering this is my first bc pill, i'm definitely not changing to anything else since other than the sore breasts and funky sleep, i've had no other problems and lost a couple of pounds...

hope things work out with you as well

Old 05-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #20
    LikaFitz
    (female)

LikaFitz HB User
    Question Re: Yaz Birth Control

Hi all,

I'm going to switch from my old BC pills which is called Belara on YAZ. I'm a little bit confused. YAZ has like 24 active pills and 4 sugar pills (placebo). With my old pills I know, I took them for 21 days, then I stopped, got my period after three or four days, and once seven days were over I started with a new pack. How does it work with YAZ, you take 24 pills (pink pills) then after 24 days you get period right away? or does it take three to four days to get period??
    Between the last active pill (pink) and the day you get the period, are you protected??? (I mean those three or four days??)

I'm so confused, please help!!!!!

Lika

Old 05-31-2006, 08:07 PM   #21
    serre727
    (female)

serre727 HB User

Hello ladies. I was just given a sample pack of Yaz today. I went to the OB because I am suddenly (the last 2 months) having horriblly painful and heavy periods. She said that these pills should help a lot in regualating and helping with the pain. So I have been doing some research on them on line and have read tons of reports about them helping with moodiness, irritabiliey, etc as well. So I am stoaked! I have been kind of down lately and dont know why- just feel tired and lazy, irritable and really snappy with my husband and kids.
    I can wait to start these pills and see if they help me, it sounds like they are working well for a lot of you. I'll start them on Sunday
    Did you guys notice that they heled with moods and things as well as cramping?
    Jinjue

Old 05-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #22
    serre727
    (female)

serre727 HB User

I'm not sure when during the pills that you will get your period, I'm assuming during the white pills. You take thru the white pills and when they are gone you start a new pack, even if you are still on your period. It is my understanding that as long as you are continually taking the pills and don't miss days that you are protected throughout

Last edited by moderator2; 06-03-2006 at 06:46 PM. Reason: When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #23
    Melikechili09
    (male)

Melikechili09 HB User

I started YAZ on Sunday. It hasn't been a whole week yet but so far I haven't had any bad side affects. I take my pill in the late morning and haven't noticed any tiredness so far. I did have a tiny bit of nausea the first day but it hasn't came back since then, and it wasn't very much. I've been making sure I drink a lot of water since I heard some ppl say it can make you dehytrated if you aren't careful. Now i'm just waiting to see when I'm going to get my period. I'm hoping it's on the sugar pills and hopefully it will only last 2 days like my doctor told me it would. This is my 1st BC, the only thing I don't like is the chance of breakthrough bleeding. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be lucky and won't get that, at least not much.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #24
    serre727
    (female)

serre727 HB User

The only other pill I have taken is estro step for 3 months and I never had breaktru bleeding. I dont really know how common it is, but hopefully you dont get it!!

Last edited by moderator2; 06-03-2006 at 06:46 PM. Reason: When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #25
    dietPepsi51
    (female)

dietPepsi51 HB User

YAZ is my first BCP. my doctor told me to start YAZ on the first sunday after i start my period. my period started on a sunday so i started my first pack that day. my periods usually last a week or less, but it is now thursday after the second sunday since i started my period and i'm still on. i don't know if this is considered breakthrough bleeding? my period just hasn't stopped yet. it's annoying. i know it's just the first month but my period going on two weeks, instead of two days? i don't really have any other adverse side effects. i don't know if any of you experienced anything similar? i could use some hopeful predictions. i'm glad to see that the new pill is working out well for a lot of you tho! i hope after all this, it'll get better for me too!

Old 06-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #26
    newbie1984

newbie1984 HB User

I also started my first YAZ pack on the first day of my period, and usually the second and third day of my period are relatively heavy. However, after starting this pill, it almost stopped my period midway (and I know it wasn't just lighter this month bc of diet or increased exercise), and mine stopped in a day and a half, very light. So I am not sure about this extended period you are experiencing, I have not had any breakthrough bleeding, been very consistent with taking my pill at 9pm. Haven't noticed increased fatigue yet. Agree with the tender breats (kinda hoping the swelling will mean bigger boobs in near future haha). Skin still acting up a bit but seems to have died down the past couple of days. This is still only second week, so we will see...fingers crossed

Old 06-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #27
    uabblazer83
    (female)

uabblazer83 HB User

Hi everyone. I'm new to these boards and to YAZ. Have any of you ever had anxiety/panic attacks as a result of birth control??? A few years ago, I went on the BCP Mircette to control my bad cramps. Shortly after, I began having horrible anxiety attacks. After a trip to the ER and a few doctors appointments, they told me they thought it was the BCP. So, I stopped taking them. I recently got married, and now I'm ready to try the pill again. However, I'm really scared to take them again because I'm scared the anxiety attacks will come back. (BTW - I still occassionally have them and have to take something to control the attacks.) My gyno just gave me a few months worth of YAZ...in samples.

What do you think? Should I try them? Because they are lower in hormones, my doctor said they will hopefully be fine for me. Has anyone else heard of this sort of thing, or have any experience with it?

Old 06-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #28
    eb2000
    (female)

eb2000 HB User

Hello again....good luck with everything "phtolvr"...i am also a night owl and have a 11pm - midnight'ish time and i, too, notice that i wake up at 5 -6 am everyday very briefly. they say to take it everyday at the same time....does anyone know if it's bad if you take it within 1 -3 hours of the same time every night? sometimes i do 11pm, sometimes 1am, i know i should be more consistent but i hope an hour or two here and there wont matter.

i just started the white pills (taking second tonight) i am assuming that means i'll get my period soon but it hasnt happened yet??

re: anxiety attacks, i suffered from depression/anxiety a few years ago...tried many anti-depressants...try to stay away from those if you can, they are more trouble than they are worth. the best thing i have done for myself (and this is just a suggestion if you are looking for an alternative...) for the past 3 years, every morning i take a vitamin B and an L-Tyrosine (500mg) on an empty stomach. I've only had 2 panic attacks in the last couple of years. I also think it helps you with appetite and weight, because I've been really bad lately and unfortunately I have not been exercising as much as I should and I dont watch my diet (my breakfasts and lunches are healthy but i eat whatever i want for dinner) and for the amount of eating and not exercising i do, i should probably be about 10 pounds heavier, but i am not. i also take Acetyl L-Carnitine which help with cell metabolism, so maybe that is part of it. all of this can be purchased at GNC or vitamin world (i used the vitamin world brand). just wanted to pass along the info for the anxiety! good luck!

Old 06-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #29
    Krakhtar
    (female)

Krakhtar HB User

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I was put on Yaz because of heavy periods, this is my first pak and I also started on a Sunday and am going on day 14 of bleeding. I called my OBG who said to hang in there and give the pills 2-3 months . Well, at least there's someone else going through the same thing.... I'll give it till Monday and if I'm still bleeding, I'll make another call. Lighter flow would be nice along with NO pms but 14 day periods are not for me . Keep in touch.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #30
    randomuser82
    (female)

randomuser82 HB User

I am on my first month of Yaz, definitely noticing weight gain, but my bigger question is, when should I expect to get my period? Day-wise, I am on my third day of the white pill and was very good about taking the pill at the same time everyday. How many days have you waited before you have gotten your period? I've tried calling my Gyn 3 times and I'm still waiting for a call back.

Thank you!

Closed Thread