It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• "Missed" Miscarriage - DnC or Labour???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #16
    giveme3_steps
    (female)

giveme3_steps HB User
    Re: "Missed" Miscarriage - DnC or Labour???

I am a mother of three girls. I had an epideral with the first two labors and with the third things progressed too fast for drugs. I can honestly tell you that yes it does hurt but the minute you see that baby the pain is gone. I recently had a miscarriage myself and hope that I am lucky enough to have one more try at a baby. If you have any questions or want to talk get a hold of me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 05:33 AM   #17
    Shelly0486
    (female)

Shelly0486 HB User

I guess you could call it a Missed Miscarriage for me also. I went in with my first pregnancy at 12 weeks for my reg checkup and to finally hear the heartbeat, they couldn't find one with the doppler handheld device. They took me to Ultrasound and there was no blood going through the baby at all. No sign of heartbeat. They measured the baby and it only was as big as a 9 week fetus is. So my baby died when I was 9 weeks along. My body didn't reject it, no abnormal sign of cramping or bleeding. They asked me what I wanted to do. I waited a week to see if I'd miscarry and still didn't and I had to have a D&C and that was the hardest thing I ever had to go through.

I don't think I could have labored it though, but talk to your wife or s/o and see what she wants too do.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #18
    confuzeled
    (female)

confuzeled HB User

I went through induced labor in January. I was 15 weeks 2 days at the time.

They gave me cytotec and I strongly recommend not to use it if it's offered. It's not meant to bring on labor, though it's used to do so. There's an FDA black box warning with it.

That being said, I'm glad that I did go through labor. I was in the antepartum section of the maternity floor at the end of the hall. There was a picture on the door to let others know why I was there. I only heard a baby crying once.

I am glad that I went that route. I was able to talk to a hospital grief counselor. That made a huge difference to me. It also validated to me somewhat that I was pregnant. I did deliver a baby.

I did end up with a D&E afterwards. The placenta wasn't delivered. I believe it was because of the complications I was having with the cytotec, which is a long story.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:28 AM   #19
    pantera78
    (female)

pantera78 HB User

i've been through a missed miscarraige. Found out that my baby died when I had 11 weeks. that was last january. had no signs of any blood and pregnancy just kept on going....i kept on growing etc etc.
    was admitted to hospital on friday the 13th of january so doc could help me miscarraige as i couldnt wait for it to happen on its own due to the chance of having an internal infection or trombosi.
    so doc gave me three pills right into my vagina and after a an hour or so i started bleeding (they made me miscarriage)...was bleeding and in pain as if giving birth for 6 hours then they took me for an ERPC to remove everything and test all they removed.
    was a bit in pain two days after coz i was getting blood cloths...but then was ok for the rest of the bleeding days.
    had my period for almost 20 days but then all was back to normal and the two periods after got back to their normal routine of 28 day cycle etc.

got pregnant again and since last fri i had 6 weeks but things turned out bad once more :-(
    this time i dont really know what's going on!!

Last edited by pantera78; 06-05-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Closed Thread