It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Yaz Birth Control

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #76
    Christina027
    (female)

Christina027 HB User
    Re: Yaz Birth Control

I am on my first week of Yaz. The only side effect I am noticing so far are headaches. Hopefully they go away when my body adjusts to the hormones?? Is anyone else experiencing headaches on Yaz?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #77
    worrywart81
    (female)

worrywart81 HB User

I have just finished my first pack of Yaz, and I have noticed headaches also. I have previously taken Yasmin, Estrostep, and Apri, and this one has been the best so far. My appetite has decresed greatly as opposed to the Estrostep and Apri. I gained a lot of weight taking those pills. I quit taken Yasmin about a year ago because of hair loss, and I am still noticing hair loss with this pill, but I think that is just a side effect that I am going to have to deal with. The pill affects everyone differently, so everyone just remember that Good luck to everyone taking this pill!

Old 06-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #78
    ESTEFITA
    (female)

ESTEFITA HB User

Hi everyone!

I on currrently on my second pill pack of YAZ. I have to say that my weight has been pretty much stable, I am always gaining and losing 3 pounds from time to time, nothing extreme. The only problem is that my skin has really gotten worst since I started using it. I used to have nearly to perfect skin, and now my forehead and chin are filled with really small pimples that don't look nice at all. I also feel that my breasts have been very sore lately. Regarding my sexual drive, it fluctuates during my cycle, usually at the beginning is high, but then it comes down, which I don't like at all from these pills.
    Let me know if someone else feels the same.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #79
    saige_27
    (female)

saige_27 HB User

Worrywart or Estefita, did either of you have bad spotting/bleeding when you first started on Yaz?

Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #80
    newbie1984

newbie1984 HB User

I am finishing my first Yaz pack, taking the second white pill today and [im]patiently waiting for my period. i have been following this thread and it sounds like people have had very different responses, either an insanely long period or nothing at all. my side effects didnt really kick in until this past week. i started to spot on this last week of active pills, my boobs are even more sore and tender/swollen all the time, appetite seems bigger, and have felt a bit blue these last few days. not sure if its stress or the bloaty feeling thats making me feel like im gaining weight. trying to hang in their for at least another month, as this is my first BC and i have heard so many negative things about other pills that i fear being hasty and switching to something that could be disasterful. let me know any updates about mood swings, weight gain, and the worse skin...again, i had near-perfect skin before and now i have breakouts of small pimples on my nose and forehead. booh?

Old 06-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #81
    worrywart81
    (female)

worrywart81 HB User

Saige_27,

I have never had breakthrough bleeding with bc, and I haven't had it on this pill either. It affects everyone differently so it may just not be the pill for you if you continue to experience breakthrough bleeding, but give it a chance if you just started it.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #82
    combatrock
    (female)

combatrock HB User

i started yaz last saturday when i got my period and i am still bleeding. i usually have periods that last around 5 or 6 days so this isn't much longer so far, but i've never had a period lasting 8 days or longer in my life, so i know this is a result of the BC. i thought i had stopped last night but then was surprised this morning to find that i was still bleeding. i'm going to be active all summer and i really hope i don't have to deal with ridiculously long periods and breakthrough bleeding all summer, but i am trying to get used to the idea...

Old 06-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #83
    Mtempo

Mtempo HB User

I am 25, and started on YAZ two weeks ago. My doctor's office told me to do a Sunday start, and if my period started on a Sunday, that I could start the pack that day, also. So that is what happened, but it is now two weeks later, and I still have my period! I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, but now I am discouraged since some other woman seem to have been brushed off by their doctors! Even in my teens when my period could be insanely heavy, it never lasted for more than a week!
    I have a 17th month old daughter, and this is the first hormonal birth control that I've used since having her, but I have used different bc pills and even the birth control patch before having her, and I have never had any issues with any of them. I am so shocked right now that birth control pills might be causing me to have such a long period.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #84
    uabblazer83
    (female)

uabblazer83 HB User

mtempo - I have the EXACT same problem! I just took the very first pill of the third week, and I am STILL bleeding. I also started my period on a Sunday, so I took the first pill that evening.

Has anyone else had such horrible break-through bleeding...and if so, when did it stop for you??????? This is day 15 of bleeding for me...UGH!!! However, I'm going to try and "hang in there."

Old 06-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #85
    saige_27
    (female)

saige_27 HB User

My Period started June 1st stopped June 6-7 during the night or early morning. That was pretty short for me. My Dr. appt was the 7th. I was told to get my prescription filled and just switch from the pills I was on to the Yaz, but I was having complications with the other pills. (Mood swings, irritability.....) I started bleeding again late on the 7th, finally got my prescription back the 9th and started taking them then. I am still bleeding. Before I ever started taking BC pills I had really long, really heavy periods, like at least 2 wks usually closer to 3. I am wondering if the lower doseage of Yaz isn't strong enough for me. That is the only bad side effect that I am having with them though. and to lose the mood swings and other side effects of the previous pill is worth it for the time being. If it doesn't end or at least really slow down by the end of the 1st pack, I will contact my Dr.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #86
    sair20
    (female)

sair20 HB User

I am glad to hear that others are having the same problem. I started my period on a Saturday and so I started the first pill the next day. I have had my period since then! I called my gyno and was told to be patient. I am now on the second pill of the fourth week. I am hoping that after this first pill pack, my period will stop. If not, that is it for yaz. My gyno told me to give it three months, but there is no way i am doing that! I will let everyone know what happens after I am done with this month.

Also, does anyone know what day you are actually supposed to get your period?

Old 06-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #87
    marmart
    (female)

marmart HB User

I'm on my first pack. I will start the white pills in two days. I feel I got a lot more information from my doctor then most. I was told that on my first month, I wouldn't feel too good. I was also told that I would probably have breakthrough bleeding everyday the first month. She was right about the bleeding. But it is very light, I can live with it. No mood swings, I have noticed I have lost some weight. One of the best things, is that once my body adjusts to Yaz, I can manipulate it so that I only get 4 periods in one year (yeah!). Was anyone else told this?

Old 06-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #88
    marmart
    (female)

marmart HB User

Oops...I almost forgot. I was also told that just because I am on the white pill, does not mean I will get my period on that day. I might get it on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even into the new cycle.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #89
    Mtempo

Mtempo HB User

I called my doctor today, and the nurse gave me the option to come in. I decided not to bother because she also explained that YAZ is a lower dose that other birth control pills and that might be why it hasn't stopped the bleeding. She suggested that I go through the first pack and then see what happens. So for now, I will just stick with it.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #90
    saige_27
    (female)

saige_27 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Yaz Birth Control

Hey all, just thought I would say that the bleeding I have been experiencing is getting better. I am more encouraged to "hang in there" after hearing that marmart's Dr. told her to expect it. My Dr. is more cut, dry and to the point. Not alot of extra info given without a direct question. I'm sure I'll have plenty next time I go in.

Closed Thread