It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• i have been perscribed zoloft will it help my lightheadedness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
    Angry i have been perscribed zoloft will it help my lightheadedness

so i went to pych today and told him that the celexa so far hadnt helped and he gave me zoloft to try i told him i am constantly lightheaded i dont know if zoloft is suppose to help that or not ,,,do you know? wont it make me more lightheaded?and how will i know whats worse or be able to tell the differnce? if i get side effects should i stop taking it? he wants me to take 25 mg of zoloft a day for 2 weeks and 2 zanax a day .25mg i dont feel right at all....ughhh i dont think its anxiety causing all this not the root of it anyway i just pray to god the other nurolgist is good or knows how to help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
    Fiona84
    (female)

Fiona84 HB User
    Re: i have been perscribed zoloft will it help my lightheadedness

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear the Celexa wasn't working out. I have been on Zoloft for nine days and it was fine for the first week until I upped my dosage from 25mg to 50mg. I started getting bad headaches and feeling lightheaded.

Different meds will effect people differently, so my advice is to try it out and see if it works! Like I said, I feel fine on 25mg...starting today I am cutting back to 25mg and seeing if my headaches/lightheadedness goes away.

Do you have an appointment made to see a new neurologist? I am going to try to make an appt on Monday with one and I have no idea how long it takes to be seen...or if they will just think I'm crazy!

Old 07-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

ya i am going to a new neurolgist the 21st at the layhee clinic its suppose to be really good over there i think celexa made me more anxious im not sure its hard to tell and it sure didnt helpmy lighthededness what were your symptoms before you were on anything ?like right now im not that lightheaded for a switch but im sure itll come as time goes by im not on anything yet today im afraid to start zoloft lol i dont even know if anxiety is the root of all this nightmare do you feel out of it like a lightheaded feel like you could pass out so what were symptoms to begin with

Old 07-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
    Fiona84
    (female)

Fiona84 HB User

My symptoms to begin with were nothing really physical. I was really scared to fly so I cancelled a flight and my doc said it was obsessive compulsive of me and that I should take Zoloft for my anxiety. I was having heart palpitations...I worry alot about my heart, that is why I went to the doc in the first place.

Once I started taking Zoloft, I started getting headaches, ringing in the ears, extreme pressure on my head, memory loss, lightheadness constantly, going off balance.....and now I am not sure if its the Zoloft or if I have a brain tumor. I'm thinking things like...how can I be sure its the Zoloft? Its probably a brain tumor.

I'm going to go see a doctor asap because I am so worried about it I can't think about anything else. I was never THIS bad before the Zoloft!!!

I've been reading all about Zoloft the past few days though and it seems to work wonders for people. I'm sad it hasn't been that way for me. But hopefully it will work well for you!

Old 07-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

lightheadedness could also be caused by low blood pressure or too little food or sometimes slight dehydration. We tend to forget the basics about caring for ourselves in this busy world, not eating right, no exercise, etc.

I get lightheaded alot. I just don't worry since I've known my blood pressure tends to be on the low side. I pause a minute and it passes. Low blood pressure is a bit inconvienient but healthier than high blood pressure.

And who says it's "obsessive" to not do something you are very afraid of, especially since that thing is something that could be dangerous like flying or unpleasant(motion sickness, bad weather, etc.). Fear is sometimes justified. I am afraid to fly too, and thought I'd never get on a plane. But I used the confirmed statistics that I'm safer in a plane than on the freeway to allow me to finally get on one; I tend to go with logic when it's obvious.

I do have a motion sickness problem, no joke I started to feel nauseuous during an IMAX movie once during a realistic helicoptor view scene (which BTW I was actually enjoying!), but I figure if I bring Dramamine along on the plane, I'll weather it.

I still fear it a bit, but logically know it is a pretty safe way to travel. And as long as there is no circling above Chicago airport during a storm(that did make me sick one time), I have found that when I fly I usually don't need the Dramamine either!

Actually, it's funny but when you start to get used to something it seems even pleasant.... the last time I was on a plane I enjoyed it. I mean, they give you snacks and cola; the bathrooms are convienient and you get far in a short time. I'm starting to hate the idea of long boring road trips!

Old 07-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

well the thing is i montor my blood pressure it if anything its somtimes high and i have wierd heart rate responses like it speeds uo for no reason papalattions are starting again chest pain in my sleep i had paps last night like a bunch and sometimes i feel my heart beating speeding up even in my sleep im afraid im gonna have a heart attack i drink tons of water and take a vitamin every day since this started over 2 months ago

Old 07-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Hmmm, I just realized you mentioned you were on medication already. So maybe low blood pressure isn't a factor because in fact most SSRi's can actually raise blood pressure and cause palps. You see, serotonin is a powerful vasoconstrictor, which causes vessels to narrow, making the heart need to work harder to pump blood through. I'm guessing this would also cause some head problems too because of bloodflow?

Perhaps something like that is the problem; even if you had those symptoms before meds it is possible meds are further aggravating the situation.

Closed Thread