It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• Rash on body

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
    Watersulli

Watersulli HB User
    Rash on body

Hi everyone, time for another paranoid first mom question My six month old has developed a rash (tiny red bumps on her chest, upper back, and a couple on her legs). The gland on the back of her neck has been swollen for some time but the doctor isn't concerned about it. She hasn't been eating as much either, but doesn't really seem sick at all. No fever, no fussiness or anything. I will of course call the doctor in the morning, but it's pretty normal for a baby to get a rash every once in awhile right? The only thing new she has tried is blueberries and we haven't changed laundry detergent or anything that I can think of. Any other suggestions? Think it's probably just a run of the mill, don't freak out, rash? Thanks for any input! Help me sleep better tonight

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
    lex jude
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lex jude HB User
    Re: Rash on body

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Watersulli
    Hi everyone, time for another paranoid first mom question My six month old has developed a rash (tiny red bumps on her chest, upper back, and a couple on her legs). The gland on the back of her neck has been swollen for some time but the doctor isn't concerned about it. She hasn't been eating as much either, but doesn't really seem sick at all. No fever, no fussiness or anything. I will of course call the doctor in the morning, but it's pretty normal for a baby to get a rash every once in awhile right? The only thing new she has tried is blueberries and we haven't changed laundry detergent or anything that I can think of. Any other suggestions? Think it's probably just a run of the mill, don't freak out, rash? Thanks for any input! Help me sleep better tonight
    Could it be heat rash? My DS got a rather bad one the other day. It was so bad, he was wiggling on the floor to scratch his back and rubbed his back a bit raw in the one spot before I figured out why he was wiggling. He also loses his appetite in the hot weather as well. I am sure to feed him plenty of fluids/ peidilyte (sp)

To remedy a heat rash, you can smooth some eucerin calming cream on the rash after a nice, tepid bath. My son is naked (except a diaper :P) for most of the day too lol. He overheats VERY easily)

As long as the rash doesn't spread rapidly, your baby doesn't have a fever or there isn't any throwing up/runny, bloody stool, your baby should be ok

Old 07-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
    baby#2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

baby#2 HB User

Sounds like heat rash to me! My youngest got it about a month ago and I took him to the Dr's. That's all it was! He said there is nothing you can do except wait it out. Creams and keeping them cool may help ease any itch they are experiencing but generally it will go away on it's own in a few days. My toddler, who's two, has one as we speak on his tummy. He keeps lifting his shirt and rubbing his tummy. Poor little dude....
    My toddler also had Roseola (sp?). Another red, spotty rash on the upper torso and thighs. This is also a common infant/toddler rash that usually follows a fever.
    Still a good idea to go the Doc's just to be sure!

Old 07-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
    skeetersquirt
    Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

My DS got heat rash a few times when he was younger.I thought that it was baby acne, but it would come and go. This is how we found out that he is hot natured. It oes sound like heat rash to me as well.

Now as far as blueberries, I was told that these are a highly allergenic food and they should be avoided until after the first year of age. Check on this one because maybe this is the problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Robert Michael Born on 3/20/06
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread