It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Jjules & Amber and any other Lexapro users.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
    Donna-Sue
    (female)

Donna-Sue HB User
    Talking Jjules & Amber and any other Lexapro users.

Hi Ladies,

I really think the Lexapro is starting to work for me. I drove to work this morning, and did not even have to pull over on the freeway. Now, I still felt alittle weird, but I believe their is hope ladies. I am having more energy, sleep well, and no weight gain that I have seen of yet, and hope it stays that way.

So see, give it some time, and it will get better. We are all on the same bus.

Huggs.
    Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User
    Re: Jjules & Amber

Hey Donna! I'm so happy for you! Glad you are feeling a little better. I sure need the encouragement. I just took my full 5 mg for the first time this morning and had myself all worked up before I even took the thing! I really want this to work and I'm trying to think positive. Keep me posted and let me know how your day went.
    (((HUGS)))

Old 07-25-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
    Donna-Sue
    (female)

Donna-Sue HB User

I will Amber, It will get better. You are on your way to recovery. Just give ti some time.

Hugggggggggggggggs!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
    Donna-Sue
    (female)

Donna-Sue HB User

And I will work on my spelling........lol.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 AM   #5
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User

I tell myself it will get better, but in case you haven't noticed yet about me...I don't have much patience when it comes to this...I want better right NOW! I've been getting a few dizzy spells and that scares the heck outta me!
    HUGS!!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
    Donna-Sue
    (female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Amber,

I had some of that too, it will pass, just working its way through your body.

The side effects will go away, and I was jittery at first and dizzy, and jumpy, but it is all going away. I have no patience either, but believe me, It will get better, one day at a time.............Hugs sweetheart. I know what you are going through.

Life throws some hard balls sometimes.........yikes.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #7
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User

Hi Donna Sue & Ambriel, Glad to hear all is good so far today. Amb try not to psych yourself up it's going to get even better for you. Do a little talking to your brain and tell it just relax and be happy . I was on 5mg for a long time before I went to 10mg I felt great on 5 but when I had my check up she told me to go to 10 so I did and still feeling great. I only have been freaking out because they found out my Thyroid is all messed up and I have 2 nodes on it! Yikes! (my favorite word lately Donna). So other that being tired I'm having a great rainy day in Iowa. Take care my friends...Jules

Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #8
    Donna-Sue
    (female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Jjules, I hope you are OK, I had a knot on my thryoid a few years ago, but nothing serious. I was scard to death when they found it, right after my dad died. That is when I started having all these anxiety problems.

I will say a prayer for you.....You are an inspiration to us all.........

Old 07-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #9
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User

Hi you two! Well I've been really tired today and just feel blahhh...just like I did the last time I took the full 5mg. The good thing is I've only had to take the xanax once this morning. My heart hasn't raced much today, it actually feels really slow? I'm just frustrated, I want to be able to go somewhere when someone asks me. I hate saying no to my husband all the time. I know it will get better, and I do have hope some of the day, then my negative thinking gets in the way again *sigh*

Did you two feel that blah, sleepy, off balance feeling at first? Is it normal and how long will it last do you think? Sorry to be such a pain! You guys are the best! Thanks!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User
    Exclamation Re: Jjules & Amber

Hey Amb, I still feel blah in the morning (I am not a morning person) I feel tired because of some of my medication I take in the morning I start to feel like a human around 10-11am. I've been this way for a long time. I am so looking forward for school to start then I get up at 6:30am! (just kidding)....glad you just had to take a little xanax. It's sound like you could be adjusting a tad bit. I hope you are going to have a great evening, relax chick you deserve it. Just wondering Amb where are you from? Just curious...Donna hope you have a great one too. Bye for now friends, Jules

Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #11
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User

Hey again jules....not having a good evening. That sad, guilty for nothing feeling has taken me over again. I swear it's the lexapro...I didn't get those feelings hardly at all before I starting taking this. I'll have a few good minutes when I think I'm feeling better, then all the sudden this sadness hits me...I begin to think I'm a terrible mother, wife and that I'm not gonna get back to normal. I'm wondering if maybe it's not the right med for me? My stepdad takes lex and my Mom called him tonite and he said he didn't get that when he first started taking it, he was just really sick to his stomach and tired. I don't know what to do!!!

I'm from Illinois jules.
    Hope to hear back from you two soon!
    HUGS

Old 07-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #12
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User

Hey Amb, Maybe you are right if your having this sadness that didn't happen before, there are so many other ones you can try. As we say we are all different in the brain. I don't know for sure when you are going to your doctor again but just tell them you need to try something else. Have you tried anything else???? I know how sadness is and not being worthwhile and a terrible wife/mother but we are not. We just have disorders that make us think that way. Some people just don't understand unless they've been there. My mother doesn't understand (happy go lucky gal) my ex husband didn't know ( he has his own depression anger bullcrap) my kids don't understand it either. (thank god). I hope you have a better one soon, just get something going soon-you are going to feel better I know it and I can't wait till I hear "Jules I'm feeling so great now!" I am here chick....Jules

Old 07-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #13
    ms_mod

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User
    Re: Jjules & Amber and another other Lexapro users.

Ladies,

Please note the change to the title of this thread.
    The way it was worded before made it seem as though it was an exclusive thread for the three of you and that should never be the case.

Any member who's taking Lexapro should feel that they are welcome to join in the conversation.

Creating threads that are ,or seem to be , exclusive to only certain members can make others feel that they aren't welcome.
    Every member should feel welcome to post on any thread that may pertain to them.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ms_Mod

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #14
    van71
    (female)

van71 HB User

Hi, new to the board. I am in the process of undergoing tests for anxiety. Was taking xanax the past month, which definately helped but made me soo tired. Just started Lexapro today and I think it made me more anxious. Not sure, but made me feel wierd...kind of head-achy, flushed. Going to try again tomorrow, did it take you time to adjust to it? Thanks!

Van

Old 07-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #15
    Donna-Sue
    (female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Very sorry, we did not mean to leave "Anybody" out ........so my apologies.

Yes, it took me time to adjust .........dizziness, sick to my tummmy, and yes, weired. I did however, sleep well, and now starting to feel more calmer.

I apologize, we are all here for one another. Hope you have a great day, your side effects will pass in due time.

Hugs.
    Donna

Closed Thread