It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Going crazy on Remeron- 6 weeks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2006, 07:40 AM   #46
    anxiousagain
    (female)

anxiousagain HB Useranxiousagain HB User
    Re: Going crazy on Remeron- 6 weeks

Hi Kate, I just wanted to update you that I'm currently trying to taper off the Remeron. I told my doc that I didn't think it was really doing anything for me and that I'd rather not be stuck on it for months. She told me I could try cutting back to half a pill for a week. If I felt okay, she said I could come off it at that point. If I didn't, we'd go back to the original dosing. By the time I'm potentially off it, I will have been on it for only 4 weeks, really not enough time for me to say whether it is effective or not. I didn't, however, feel any extra anxiety while on it and haven't touched my klonopin in a month. My doc asked if I thought the anxiety had eased because the Remeron was working. I told her I didn't really think that was the case. So, she said the only way we're going to find out is to try getting me off it.

Also had another therapy session yesterday, but other than uncovering a few clues from my past that might impact my anxiety, I'm afraid I don't have anything new to report. Hope you're feeling better soon. I've had a roller coaster week with some bad and good family issues creeping in. Resolving these issues, I think, is the real key to MY recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #47
    anxiousinnj
    (female)

anxiousinnj HB User

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the update--let me know how you feel as you wean off.
    If you haven't touched the Klonopin in a month, I would say you are getting things under control.....time will tell if the Remeron was really helping in that department, although...from what my psyche doc had told me, the first few weeks would have additional anxiety, which you don't seem to have had...a good thing.

I've been somewhat disappointed this past week...feeling an increase in what I am assuming is anxiety, but it may be physical symptoms from my other health issues causing me more anxiety...or the change in Remeron dose to 30 mgm...how am I to tell unless I, like you, wean back off?
    So, now I wait until my next appt in mid August. I figure by then, if it was due to the increase in Remeron dose I should be accustomed to it by then. If I am still getting these weird sensations of anxiety creeping in by mid August, I think I will wean off & see how I feel. This is such a long process & I feel I am wasting my life away with this. I took half a Xanax yesterday afternoon & had several hours of feeling normal...felt wonderful. I raced around here trying to get things done that I just can't when I feel the anxiety smothering me.

For me there are also family issues, mainly ill parents which is mentally & physically draining...too much to bore everyone with here...
    It is also health anxiety issues & exhaustion from dealing with the health issues. These are real health problems, not imagined ones...lupus, glaucoma which is now not under good control ( it was, but now eye pressure back up & I am out of eye drops to try so surgery is next...), skin cancers which I am over due on having followed up on...just tired of doctors appts.

well, I am going to "try" to get my act together & take my dtr to the ebach for a while. Even that gives me anxiety because of the rituals I have to go through to avoid the sun, but I am going to do it.

sorry this is so long--please do let me know how you make out over this next week--I am hoping you will feel fine & have a handle on things without the darned drugs !

Old 07-29-2006, 12:12 PM   #48
    anxiousagain
    (female)

anxiousagain HB Useranxiousagain HB User

Hi Kate, make no mistake about it, my anxiety is still lingering under the surface, but not at a rate that I can't bear it. Before this anxiety bout started, my resting heart rate was 58-65 bpm. Now, it's more like 84-90...still normal, but not for me. The only way I got over it the last time was just to try to forget about it and focus on other things in life. Although I'm not suffering any health problems (that I know of) other than this, I am dealing with a lot of family health scares. In just the past month alone, both my aunt and my grandmother were sent to ICU and given "no hope" of coming out. My aunt is currently back home and my grandmother is being moved to a regual hospital room today. So much for the medical profession knowing what they are talking about. In any event, as someone whose anxiety centers around fear of health problems, dealing with all of this hasn't been easy, as I'm sure you can well imagine. I have, however, decided to face it head on rather than allow it to control my life. I've watched my grandmother while hooked up to a ventilator and what not and I went with my cousin and aunt to her oncologist this week. Both were extremely trying for me, but I believe that tackling my fears head on is the only way I'm going to conquer them. I hope you get the glaucoma under control soon and that you get the all clear on your skin follow-up. Do not stress over occasional Xanax use. That's what it's for.

Day 2 on 7.5mg of Remeron and I'm doing par for the course. I've had slightly loose stools the past two days, but no diarrhea. That might very well be from the stress I've been under as opposed to the tapering. I'll be back with more CBT techniques when I learn something I think might be helpful. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I lost 2 pounds while on Remeron. I was actually grateful that's all I lost. Still struggling with appetite, but as I recall, it was very slow to return the last time as well. I lost 15-20 pounds that bout, so if I keep at the pace I'm at, I should be A-okay.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #49
    msgrimm

msgrimm HB User

45mg remeron has saved me.. I no longer have constant sickness from anxiety/depression. Been taking it about 1.5 years now... I ahve tried to stop for a few weeks at a time but feel I'm much better off with it...

Closed Thread