It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Ever tried washing with water alone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User
    Ever tried washing with water alone?

Has anyone ever tried just washing their face with water alone, it must work for some because I heard this girl did it and it was the only thing that worked. I will try it because the more different products I tried (even natural ones) the worse my face would get.

Last edited by saphire82; 08-08-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User
    Re: Ever tried washing with water alone?

I am allergic to what my derm gave me so he told me to just wash my face with warm water and a wash cloth. And my face is doing much better. He also told me to put the warm wash cloth over my face. My mom has always had perfect skin ( i wish I got my skin from her side instead of my fathers), she could never use any products on her face or she would breakout. All she ever did was wet a wash cloth and wipe it on her face. So it does work for some.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User

What did your derm tell you to use for a moisturizer if any? and does you mom? I only washed with water last night and this morning and its like a layer of skin is just flaking off my chin today, i hope thats a good sign, ill be really mad if it works and all this time I was just to use nothing, I dont think my husband uses soap either and he doesnt breakout...although you can easily squeaze gunk out of his pores but he only has one a blackhead here or there.

Last edited by saphire82; 08-08-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

He didn't tell me to use anything. I guess be/c I'm on so many different pills for my acne (prednisone, doxy, [sprio day 19], and yasmin) and the topical i used i was allergic too. So he thinks my face needs to rest. My face is dry where my acne is, layer of dry skin. I have't been using makeup but when i do i know i'm going to have to use a lotion. I was thinking about using purpose, in the book the hormonally vulnerable woman by geoffrey redmond he thinks it's the best to use. So, I'm going to give it i try later. You can look it up on the web. Just put purpose in your browser. You can get it at walmart, cvs, ummmm other places too the web will tell you. I used cetphil for my body and sometimes for my face but it somes like everytime i used it on my face i got a cyst even though it says it's good for your skin i dont know why it did that. I am mad to be/c i spent soooo much money on many products and this seems to be works actually working. My mom can't use anything on her face not even lotion.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
    sanders46
    (male)

sanders46 HB User

I have tried.. and for me, it didn't work. I am just using a basic face wash now and its doing great.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User

its only been about two days and my zits are already drying up and the bumps shrank!! The only problem is that my skin especially on my nose is hard or peeling off, does anyone know if that is a good thing?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #7
    LisaMarie982001
    (female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Yea mine was doing the same thing, it wasn't too bad though. Just put some lotion try purpose if you want, did u look at the website? I think it said that the don't ude any harsh products. Just put some lotion on your nose if your face isn't too bad. All of my bumps have shurk too! Very hppy about that!! I don't put anything on my face now (day 4 i think) and my nose on the tip was peeling alittle bit but not too bad. I haven't been wearing makeup like i said or letting anyone see me cause I'm just trying to let my face face plus i really dont want anyone to see me. But if you are going out and putting makeup on i don't think it will hurt to put that lotion on if it agrees with you then putting you makeup on. Maybe at night if you want to wash your face with the water just put the lotion on to go to sleep, that can be your faces time to rest. Just a thought. Hope it helps

Old 08-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #8
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User

I not only stopped washing with soap I stopped putting jojoba oil on as a moisturizer which wasnt supposed to break me out but I gave it about a week or so and I could tell my face wouldnt get any better, so I dont know if the improvement was from just washing with water alone or the other or both. Anyways, I think purpose is good because my old derm told me to wash with it (the soap not the lotion). Another good moisturizer is complex 15(you could probably get it at a drugstore that has a pharmacy but I would call around first). He said that was good too and I like it...dont think it ever "causeed" my acne. I guess all this stuff in the long rung was probably the best after and shouldve listened to the derm instead of trying all the new cool things on the market.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #9
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User

I also dont know if maybe I WANT my skin to peel because it might be healing that way and if the skin shouldnt be there my face should shed it and the moisturizer just keeps it from peeling I think....I dunno?

Last edited by saphire82; 08-09-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
    DaOutlaw
    (male)

DaOutlaw HB User

My skin is far too sensitive for any topicals so I'm forced to wash with just water. If you're like me, the slightest rubbing of the skin will cause you to breakout. Even the lightest of moisturizers cause me to breakout.

Closed Thread