It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• First IUI today

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
    Heyknack
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Heyknack HB User
    First IUI today

Hi everyone. I just had my first IUI today!! I'm trying to be as positive as possible, but having a little bit of a hard time because my uterine lining was so thin at CD 12. They didn't scan me today, so I don't know what I was at today. But I had the insemination and layed there for 15 minutes...now I'm in the 2ww. Wish me luck, pray, whatever it takes!!!
    I'm supposed to have sex tonight, but feeling crampy, don't really feel like it at all, lol. Did anyone else who's had IUI have crampiness? Is it normal? I forgot to ask before I left and now the office is closed. Also, last time my DH and I tried to have sex, I was so incredibly dry from the clomid, we both had to stop (sorry too much info)...worst sex ever. So, I'm a little nervous about trying again right now. Has anyone had this experience with Clomid? I was on Clomid for 2 months a few months back, but never experienced any negative side effects. This time, I was so dry, I was sore before I even HAD sex. Of course I was also on Vagifem (estrogen vaginal tablets)...maybe that was the culprit?? I don't know.
    Anyway, I hope to join the BFP club soon, trying to stay positive, hope you girls can help me keep sane through the 2ww!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
    Jayme82
    (female)

Jayme82 HB User
    Re: First IUI today

Hello! I am also in the 2WW, I did IUI last Thursday and have 10 days to go!! It is very normal to have cramping with an IUI, I have had cramping almost every time I have had one, so not to worry it will go away within a day. I have never had any issues being dry while on clomid, but maybe that means your DH is going to have to work a little magic before hand (wink, wink) Also, I would highly encourage you to BD tonight if you can bear it, for me it really makes me feel like you never know if you got PG from the IUI or the natural BD, it feels more personal to me that way. Good luck, and keep me posted in your 2WW!!

Baby Dust!
    Jayme

Old 08-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
    koukla3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

koukla3 HB User

Hi there heyknack!

After 2 out of 3 IUI's I had crampiness. You can take tylenol and it definately helps ALOT!!!! (just don't take ibuprofen/advil/motrin it can affect ovulation) This is some advice on the BDing. DO IT!!!! My RE made us do it that night and the next day! They said that BDing the night of the IUI is the MOST IMPORTANT!!!!! So, take some tylenol, wait and hour and then have as much fun as possible and then lay there for about 20 more minutes. I never really wanted to either but I would have felt awful if it didn't work and I didn't do what they told me to do. I will be praying for you!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!

Baby dust!!!!!

Koukla

Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
    ravaemarie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ravaemarie HB User

Heyknack - Jayme is completely right - the crampiness might last for 24 hours or so - for me it was a little longer, but it will go away. Your ovaries are stimulated from the clomid and when you ovulate, it hurts worse than normal. Also - I know that you don't feel like BDing, I never wanted to BD after IUI - it hurt too much but the way I have to think about it is how badly I wanted a baby and how BDing might make a difference in getting a BFN or BFP. If you can stand it at all and like Jayme said, a little extra curricular activity before hand might make it go quicker for him (you) if you get my drift...

Hang in there - you're both in my prayers tonight!!!

~ravae

Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
    Heyknack
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Heyknack HB User

Wow ladies, thanks for all your quick replies! It's good to know the cramping is normal. Also, I guess we'll be BDing tonight!! I called my hubby at work, and we joked about how all the spontaneity is gone from our sex life...my husband also got a kick out of the IUI today, he says it's like we had drive-thru sex, haha (cuz he went in, gave a sample, I came in, got the "goods" and went back to work). Anyway, thanks again for your encouragement and thoughts.

Closed Thread