It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• warning signs of a miscarriage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2006, 01:47 AM   #31
    LDC88
    (female)

LDC88 HB User
    Re: warning signs of a miscarriage?

I believe I'm miscarring right now. I started to spot lightly the past few days. And I was having very bad cramps. Then yesterday I started to bleed heavly with clots. I've been having really bad back pain and cramps. I'm not sure exactly what to do. Can anyone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #32
    ibelieve
    Veteran
    (female)

ibelieve HB User

So sorry to hear this LDC. M/C is a terrible thing to go through. How far along are you? If you are 6 wks+, then you may have to have a D&C. It's very important you follow up with your doctor to make sure there's no complications. Again, I'm so sorry.

-believe

Old 08-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #33
    aliciar1986
    (female)

aliciar1986 HB User

i miscarried about a year ago. symptoms for me were light bleeding at first, with light cramping as well. then a week after my bleeding got heavier and my cramps grew stronger i started seeing clots and small peices of tissue so i knew i miscarried. this lasted for about 2-3 weeks and i was in bed the whole time, thinking it wasnt what i thought it was. but sadly the baby was gone. i hope your doing fine. best wishes

Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #34
    maree_uk
    (female)

maree_uk HB User

Hi my period was two weeks late and my period started yesterday but within 30 mins i had filled up two night time sanitary towels, which were covered in jelly-like lumps, and i woke up this morning to find hard blood coloured hard clumps in my bed. Didn't get much pain just usual cramps as soon as it came on. This might just be a heavy period but i thought the hard lumps were a bit weird!
    Didn't really want to start a new topic so i thought i'd ask in here while i was looking! Thanks

Last edited by maree_uk; 09-07-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #35
    DannyLea
    (female)

DannyLea HB User

When I miscarried I started to have cramps before I started to bleed, but it was only like an hour before. Then when I did start to bleed, the cramps were horrible. I was doubled over in pain and I have a high pain tolerance. I do agree that you know when you are miscarring though. I had never been pregnant before and I did not know I was pregnant then, but I did know I was miscarring. Most people didn't believe me at first either. When I actually passed the fetus, they did finally listen though.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #36
    icare2
    (female)

icare2 HB User

When I miscarried the first time, it was actually considered "fetal demise". My baby died, and I spotted a little, had a little cramping, but that's it. I had to have a D & C. Sometimes the body just doesn't do it's thing and get rid of everything. My second miscarriage resulted in heavy bleeding, but pain like a period, although my periods are awful anyways. I have a history of cysts and endometriosis. My point is, I think every miscarriage is different. No matter what, it's physically, and psychologically painful. I am so sorry for your loss, all of you who have gone through this. I understand, I really do. My heart longs to have a child.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:15 PM   #37
    pradasweets1983
    (female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

There can be no warning signs whatsoever of a m/c. This last Friday was number 3 for me at over 3 months and I had no signs. I was still incredibly sick (Still am now as I have not yet had my D&C, I do that tomorrow), my breasts are still sore and I still pee a lot. We just went in to hear heart beat again on Friday and the baby was dead. Just a week prior we saw it healthy on Ultrasound, with heart beating. I wonder if knowing this will make me more paranoid next time, or if I will learn to not worry as it is all obviously in God's hands. I hope the latter.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 AM   #38
    maree_uk
    (female)

maree_uk HB User

How far along were you? I never did a test so i guess i will never know.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 AM   #39
    Nataliemay
    (female)

Nataliemay HB User

My personal experience was this: At 13 weeks along, I had brown spotting for 2 days which eventually turned to red bleeding (like a period). I went to the emergency room at this point. The cramping became very intense, VERY INTENSE, to the point I was clutching onto the emergency room bed shouting for the nurse to help me!!! The contractions would come every 5 minutes, like clockwork, and last 1 minute each. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, my cervix started to dialate. At that point I felt I was being ripped into two. Mind you, I had NO medication. I felt weak, nauseaus, unable to focus, I felt as though I was going to pass out from the extreme pain but couldn't because I had to finish what was happening. I couldn't sit still in the bed and through each segment of pain I would quiver and bend and fold over. After 3 hours of this trauma, a warm gush of blood streamed through my vagina and between my bloody thighs laid my 13 week old baby. I could make out the head, arms and legs. I screamed for the nurse who quickly rushed in and scooped the specimen away. I immediately fell asleep I was so exhausted, it was 5:00am.

This was my second miscarriage. For the first one I had a D&C. This one came on so quickly that I had to pass the baby naturally. Seeing the baby before me brought a sense of closure for me and my husband. I hope to become pregnant again VERY soon as I feel very empty at this point. Whoever tells you a miscarriage isn't painful (emotionally and PHYSICALLY) is wrong. I will never forget the pain, it was horrendous.

If you are pregnant and have light bleeding that's getting progressively worse over the course of a day or 2, please go to the emergency room as soon as possible. You do not want to experience this at home alone.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #40
    jackandmeg2001

jackandmeg2001 HB User

I'm hoping you guys can help me. My girlfriend started having sickness and what not about a month and a half ago, and we feared she was pregnant. We took a test about three weeks ago, and it was negative, but the tests after that about a week ago were allll positive. Then she started bleeding super heavy. It's bright red, and it's much more bleeding than her usual period. She says that it's just unrelenting. It won't give up, except for one night where it stopped for a few hours, and just came back full tilt. The bleeding is bright red, and she has pelvic cramps and lower back pain. She had a day of horrible fever, migraines, and sickness. And today, all her pregnancy symptoms just disappeared.

Am I more than likely looking at a miscarriage here?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 AM   #41
    elainee
    Veteran
    (female)

elainee HB User

Hi there,

Sorry for the distressing time you and your girlfriend are going through. I'm no expert, but am going through a miscarriage myself at the moment, it does sound quite the same. I would get your girlfriend to a doctor for a proper examination. She needs to be checked out to confirm whether or not she is having a miscarriage and then if she is, it needs to be confirmed whether it's complete or not. If it's not complete and parts are left behind, it can cause problems, so getting checked out is the priority right now.

Best of luck

Old 08-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #42
    kt uk
    (female)

kt uk HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elainee View Post
    Hi there,

Sorry for the distressing time you and your girlfriend are going through. I'm no expert, but am going through a miscarriage myself at the moment, it does sound quite the same. I would get your girlfriend to a doctor for a proper examination. She needs to be checked out to confirm whether or not she is having a miscarriage and then if she is, it needs to be confirmed whether it's complete or not. If it's not complete and parts are left behind, it can cause problems, so getting checked out is the priority right now.

Best of luck

Hi,

I am very new to this. I was due on on Wednesday. I came on on monday really heavy to start then went to hardly anything, and what was there was browny colour.

Today i went to the toilet and (without being horrible) there was a big clear jelly/lump clot with a darker colour (gray) in the middle.

I have been told this may be a really really miscarrage.

i am on the pill but missed 1 or 2.

does anyone have any advice for me?

shoudl i go doc's or let it go!!??

Thanks

Closed Thread