It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Titan Skin Tightening

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #16
    WasFatNoMore
    (male)

WasFatNoMore HB UserWasFatNoMore HB User
    Re: Titan Skin Tightening

HI,
    I "think" my nasolabial folds are shrinking a little bit (they seem less prominent). My neck waddle is still flapping in the wind!

Yes, every thing I have read it says takes several months for results. I figure since my last treatment is in October I have to give it until New Years before I become disappointed.

Does it hurt, yes. It stings, nothing awful but it does sting. I hold a hankerchief in my fist and squeeze it when the machine zaps me. The Doctor offered a rubber ball to squeeze but the hankie absorbs palm sweat so I stuck with that. They adjust the power of the "zap" based on your pain tolerance. My Doctor does three passes, each time upping the power a little bit. During my first session I noticed I was tensing my jaw muscles (a natural reaction I suppose), so I tried to keep them relaxed and that seemed to help lesson the pain. It hurts more where the skin is closer to the bone (thiner/less fat) like on the forehead and around the jaw line.

I go for number 3 on Friday. Wish me luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #17
    TitansNanna
    (female)

TitansNanna HB User

Sounds as if you are noticing a difference. I know what you mean when you talk about a "neck waddle"........ I would really like to wear a turtle neck again without really looking like a turtle!
    I'm really anxious to hear about your progress!
    Stings huh?!?........I can see where the areas that are closer to the bone would be a little more tender. I had some kind of facial one time that used ultrasound & it was not pleasant on the forehead! Felt like my brains were being electrocuted! Oh well, I'm tough.
    Did they give you or suggest any products to use? I got some samples they recommended to use prior to treatments & of course there are those they prefer you to use after you are done. "To protect your investment" is the way they put it. And..........of course they are spendy too.
    I'll be anxious to hear about your treatment on Friday & hear whether or not the Dr. notices any difference. (did they take pictures for comparison?) ... I think it's hard to tell if something is working or doing what it's supposed to when you see yourself everyday. I'll be curious to hear what he says.
    Good luck & keep posting!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
    TitansNanna
    (female)

TitansNanna HB User

To: WasFatNoMore
    How was your final treatment? Have you noticed any difference?

Old 09-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #19
    WasFatNoMore
    (male)

Actually, I was supposed to have the third of four treatments last Friday. Unfortunately I have a bad cold so the Doctor resheduled. I go back in two weeks. I don't blame him for rescheduling, since he basically has to be "in my face" for an hour.

ah-hoo!

Thanks for asking. Will let you know.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #20
    TitansNanna
    (female)

TitansNanna HB User

Sorry to hear about your cold. Pump up the vitamin C I guess. (I wonder if the stuff they give you to put on your face factors into the "daily allowance".....
    Keep me posted.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #21
    WasFatNoMore
    (male)

Well, I had my third treatment today. I said to the Doctor that it didn't seem to hurt as much. He said he increased the power to 50 and that I did good. Guess I didn't flinch as much. Perhaps I am getting used to the zaps. So far I think I do see some improved elasticity in my turkey waddle region . And the marrionett folds seem to be shrinking. I have one more treatment to go, November 10th. Will keep you updated.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #22
    TitansNanna
    (female)

TitansNanna HB User

Hi!
    Sounds like you've noticed some improvement. Steady by jerks they say......(or so I've heard)
    Did the Dr. give you any type of time frame? I'm sure curious to know how you come out with this. I have not made an appointment as of yet.......a lot on my plate right now. Hopefully soon.
    The last time I visited the clinic here I told them about your posts. They were / are very interested to know the results.
    Keep posting.
    Thanks!

Old 10-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #23
    WasFatNoMore
    (male)

He said 3 to 6 months for any visible results.

Will keep you up to date.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #24
    TitansNanna
    (female)

TitansNanna HB User

Hi!
    Just wondering if you've noticed any difference from the treatments yet?
    Hope you have good things to report.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #25
    opple
    Inactive
    (female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

I would also be leary of Thermage. It's in its infancy and you could end up a kind of guinea pig--which these clinics would be all too happy to oblige you with, at your expense and disappointment.

I sure hope the Titan does give you some good results.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 AM   #26
    WasFatNoMore
    (male)

I had treatment number 4 on 11-27-2006. So far not much to report. I guess I will have to wait the full six months to see if anything happens.

Closed Thread