It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• HOT FLASHES related to anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
    stefania224
    (female)

stefania224 HB User
    HOT FLASHES related to anxiety

i have major issues...and have had anxiety for a long time now...three years maybe...to me everday seems to be a struggle...it used to be i felt like i couldnt breathe...then it was me feeling lightheaded...now im getting these hot flashes...where my whole face feels hot and i worry i might pass out...in may i went to get bloodwork and things were all normal...im thinking of going again...just to make sure...EVEN THOUGH the bloodwork gives me anxiety...i worry i will pass out and all that jazz...right now im having sharp pains in the back of my head...been having like two today and two last night...i dont know what it is...but any pain i ever feel...i think is the ultimate...
    i mean i dont know what to do anymore
    the dr. gave me laxapro and its just been sitting around cause due to my condition im scared to take anything...
    i long for the person i used to be and it makes me sad that i cant even have a good time anymore

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
    langy
    (female)

langy HB User
    Re: HOT FLASHES related to anxiety

hi the hot flashes are all due to anxiety i get them when im going through an anxious time then when im calmer they stop.they make me feel faint and lightheaded.i have been given medication but like you i cant bring myself to take it,ive been like this for over 15 years and never took anything.ive used cognitive therapy and bach remedies to help me and i have got well but its come back again.i know its frustrating and i want to be how i was when i was well so i know how you feel x

Old 12-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I didn't experience the hot flashes until I was put on anti-depressants. Don't know if they are the reason but, I stopped taking them about 1 week ago and haven't experienced them since. I was on the anti-depressants for 5 months with nothing but negative effects. Actually, some of my anxiety and panic was triggered by them.

Try to roll with the flashes and not run from them or fight them. They pass faster if you can just let them happen and do your best not to be afraid and the attacks are milder

Good luck

Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #4
    vuitton
    (female)

vuitton HB User

The hot flashes can be from the Lexapro. I took Celexa once, LOVED the way it made me feel emotionally....but I had to stop taking it, because the hot flashes were so brutal! After a few weeks being off the Celexa, from flashes stopped.
    I started taking Lexapro after that, and was much better.
    Of course now, my hot flashes are from my age.
    Try a different SSRI, and see if it works better with your body chemistry.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:26 AM   #5
    stefania224
    (female)

stefania224 HB User

but im not on anything...im just getting them without being on anything... maybe 3 times a week

Old 12-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
    eelsgirl
    (female)

eelsgirl HB User

I'm not on any form of medication either and I get hot flashes a few times a week.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Have you checked your thyroid levels? Your hormones? I think you should. Not with a PCP, but with an endocrinologist. Make sure your "hot flashes" are just from anxiety. It is worth as try. Women are written off with anxiety/panic very very fast. Just make sure this is what it is!

Old 12-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
    alefever26
    (female)

alefever26 HB User

i get these hot flashes.. and feel really faint. i have been having this forabout 4 yrs. and it was before i was on meds. i still get it just not as much now that i'm on paxil. but yea, i hate it, feels like my head gets real heavy then my face and whole body get hot and i feel like i'm gonna faint. my face feels hot and numb and even my teeth get a weird feeling, its like i'm gonna faint or have a seizure. those are my fears. i switch though, cuz it use to be feeling like i cant breathe and waking up at night gasping, etc... ihate this. and i always wonderif other people have it as bad as me. i mean, my WHOLE body gets hot and i seriously think i'm gonna faint.. i feel bad all day, ever day.. its always something with me.. and btw, i have had all the tests, all my hormones checked, heart tests, cat scans, etc.. all are perfect... amanda

Old 12-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
    dinney
    Veteran
    (female)

dinney HB User

Do the same thing, will be talking with someone and maybe getting a little anxious and I'll start getting hot, ears/face. Happens sometimes when I am out in public...But at night it's hot flashes, sweating and wakes me up..have extensive blood work done and heart tests, do have sinus tachacardia (just diagnosed) so am on beta blocker, take an zanex at bedtime, am also on LO dose premarin. I also have the dizziness but don't know what to blame that on, medications or something else. Just get so tired of it !!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 AM   #10
    Nades
    (female)

Nades HB User

Hi there I get hot flushes also for no apparent reason and they actually make you feel quite ill. I get really tierd with them. I also feel faint and it feels as though my hands and feet are fat and swollen. After I have calmed down it usually goes away. Hang in there. The dizziness is part of it.I have found that lying down also helps.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:51 AM   #11
    Cookie12243
    (male)

Cookie12243 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alefever26
    ... ihate this. and i always wonderif other people have it as bad as me
    Trust me there are alot of people suffering from anxiety you are not alone

Last edited by Cookie12243; 12-15-2006 at 07:52 AM.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #12
    fearyone
    (female)

fearyone HB User

you're getting your hot flashes because of your anxiety... you're body is reacting, it's doing that "fright or flight" thing which is causing your body to start heating up. take deep breaths and focus on your breathing...
    i hope it gets better.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #13
    stefania224
    (female)

stefania224 HB User

yes i did get bloodwork for my hormones...waiting on that to come back so...but yeah its either that or my anxiety...

Closed Thread